ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Chavs have been handed a TWO transfer window ban. Ensuring Sarri-ball continues for a while longer

News just breaking

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:56 am
Chavs have been handed a TWO transfer window ban. Ensuring Sarri-ball continues for a while longer

News just breaking
They're well fucked. :barscarf:

https://t.co/EfQmJCFCmL

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:45 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:

News just breaking

"Thousands of their fans"? Thousands? They've only got about 5 fans as it is. Where do UEFA think they've got thousands from?

John F

Post by John F »

SydneyGooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

News just breaking

Might have to play some of there 41players that they have got on loan

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

John F wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:55 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:

News just breaking

Might have to play some of there 41players that they have got on loan
There'll be a nice little payment from the Russian mafia into a few bank accounts tonight and hy this time next week, the ban will he overturned. Just like it was a few years ago when they last got caught trafficking children.

John F

Post by John F »

There'll be a nice little payment from the Russian mafia into a few bank accounts tonight and hy this time next week, the ban will he overturned. Just like it was a few years ago when they last got caught trafficking children.
[/quote]
And a few horses heads in beds.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

They will appeal, it will get rejected, they will take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the ban will be suspended at that point pending judgment. They’ll the go out and spend a fortune this summer knowing that they’ll be banned for the next two windows.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Weren't we linked with Miguel Almiron who ended up at Newcastle. Looked like a very decent player. Yes it was against a poor Huddersfield side. I gotta say he wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 side.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 pm
They will appeal, it will get rejected, they will take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the ban will be suspended at that point pending judgment. They’ll the go out and spend a fortune this summer knowing that they’ll be banned for the next two windows.
Whilst a case is ongoing the Ban remains in place - it cannot be suspended or paused or whatever.

Also the chavs saw this coming which is why they bought 2 / 3 ? player sin the january window - and although those players don't actually join till the summer - those deals are exempt from the ban.

Chav Ceeeeuntsss.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 am
Weren't we linked with Miguel Almiron who ended up at Newcastle. Looked like a very decent player. Yes it was against a poor Huddersfield side. I gotta say he wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 side.
Having seen him live and throughout the season (I know, it is only the MLS) he is really promising. Good on the ball, good on his feet with footballing IQ of getting off opposition, create space and end product. 21m is a bargain for today's market and he'd be really good in a side that is actually above decent. Good on him though, with the players that Newcastle have he'll be their go-to man and can create good link up plays with Ayoze.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Saw on the bbc gossip section yesterday that we were being linked with a 25m move for celtics Tierney.
Bollocks in all likelihood, especially as I think the original ‘source’ was the sun but thought I’d mention it as have seen his name mentioned as a preferred target by someone on here

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am
Saw on the bbc gossip section yesterday that we were being linked with a 25m move for celtics Tierney.
Bollocks in all likelihood, especially as I think the original ‘source’ was the sun but thought I’d mention it as have seen his name mentioned as a preferred target by someone on here

That would absolutely be me 8)

Tierney is your modern day proto-typical full back - gets up and down the line, full of energy, chips in with the occasional goal, plenty of assists, and loves a tackle. He is less agressive that the victims scottish left full (robertson) but has more football in him imo, and I would love if we signed him :barscarf: I have long since suggested that the left full position needs a serious upgrade - monreal's best days are gone (and he was never near top quality at any time) and he is picking up more and more injuries, and for me kolasniac is a serious defensive liability who depends on his physique to make him a threat cos his football ability is limited imo

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Who was our last first team Scottish player?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:41 am
:rubchin:

Champagne Charlie?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:54 am
AkneyGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:41 am
:rubchin:

Champagne Charlie?
I don’t feel,that you are giving the legendary Jim Leighton enough credit !