ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:54 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 pm
I can't think of a club who are bigger than us that would have dear old Xhaka on their must have summer shopping list or even their maybe list. Somebody made a shout for Bayern on here but I think he was being way too kind or was completely off his tits at the time of typing or was maybe just taking the piss :lol:

Can anyone make a case (other than wishing) for Xhaka at a PL Top 6 club, Bayern, PSG or wait for it, I'm going to say it....RM or Barca :coffeespit:
It was me :roll: - only reason I said this because I assumed when he said 'next step' he meant a better team. The only team he'll relatively get play time out of the PL and in the world is Bayern. As DB said they are a fraction of the team they used to be and they are planning a big haul for the team. Not saying he's in the must list but Granit is good enough to get into the team (good enough to play week in and out is another disc). His competition is Martinez ffs, can't be worse than him.

We also have to remember it won't be as fast paced as PL so it suits him and apart from his decision making skills he's not so bad of a player. Sure, he isn't the Kante or Ndombele but can do the job.

I am being too kind, hate his decision making and competence but love him as a person!

You weren't supposed to own up to the Bayern comment.....I was letting that one go mate.

I'm not sure that you have made things any better with your latest comments.....I'm beginning to think that you are a bit of a closet Xhaka fan deep down :rubchin: :lol:

The I was off me tits excuse is still there if you need a lifeline :lol:
:lol: :wink:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
I can't think of a club who are bigger than us that would have dear old Xhaka on their must have summer shopping list or even their maybe list. Somebody made a shout for Bayern on here but I think he was being way too kind or was completely off his tits at the time of typing or was maybe just taking the piss :lol:

Can anyone make a case (other than wishing) for Xhaka at a PL Top 6 club, Bayern, PSG or wait for it, I'm going to say it....RM or Barca :coffeespit:
It was me :roll: - only reason I said this because I assumed when he said 'next step' he meant a better team. The only team he'll relatively get play time out of the PL and in the world is Bayern. As DB said they are a fraction of the team they used to be and they are planning a big haul for the team. Not saying he's in the must list but Granit is good enough to get into the team (good enough to play week in and out is another disc). His competition is Martinez ffs, can't be worse than him.

We also have to remember it won't be as fast paced as PL so it suits him and apart from his decision making skills he's not so bad of a player. Sure, he isn't the Kante or Ndombele but can do the job.

I am being too kind, hate his decision making and competence but love him as a person!

You weren't supposed to own up to the Bayern comment.....I was letting that one go mate.

I'm not sure that you have made things any better with your latest comments.....I'm beginning to think that you are a bit of a closet Xhaka fan deep down :rubchin: :lol:

Wasn’t trying to make it better because my views don’t need backing or confirmation :lol: - not a closet, I’m openly a fan of him as aforementioned. Only because a lot of the gents of the forum ride on that Xhaka hate train cussing and wishing he died doesn’t mean everyone is a sheep.

Views on players and performance, for me, is left on the pitch after 90 minutes. The fact that he’s shit or whatever doesn’t make him any less likeable as a person overall.

Only because someone doesn’t succeed in our team doesn’t mean they’re instantly shit either. Gnabry is doing just fine as a German starting international.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:26 pm
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ar-ramsey/

The more I think of it, the more I think that we should go after rabiot - bosman signing so fee (though massive wages), but he would be a young progressive signing and alongside torreira would give us a top midfield
From that article: "it is understood that the club are winning the race to land Brazilian starlet Gabriel Martinelli ahead of London rivals Crystal Palace"

Good to see that we can fend off interest from the mighty Eagles...

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Linked to David Alaba and Umtiti. Cant see why Alaba would leave Bayern, or why they would sell him. Umtiti is viable given Barcelona may sell him if the price is right. Either way Emery looks like he wants to play three centre halfs and two natural attacking wing backs. Bellerin on the right and in theory Alaba on the left. Kos, Sokratis, Umtiti in the middle. Sounds good, and even if its not true at least it shows Emery is looking to actually build a team and squad. Not like Wenger who would buy attacking midfielders and figure the defence out on an the sly.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:40 am
Linked to David Alaba and Umtiti. Cant see why Alaba would leave Bayern, or why they would sell him. Umtiti is viable given Barcelona may sell him if the price is right. Either way Emery looks like he wants to play three centre halfs and two natural attacking wing backs. Bellerin on the right and in theory Alaba on the left. Kos, Sokratis, Umtiti in the middle. Sounds good, and even if its not true at least it shows Emery is looking to actually build a team and squad. Not like Wenger who would buy attacking midfielders and figure the defence out on an the sly.

The fact that Bayern are after spending 80m on ath madrid and france's left back might have something to do with it :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Wasn’t trying to make it better because my views don’t need backing or confirmation :lol: - not a closet, I’m openly a fan of him as aforementioned. Only because a lot of the gents of the forum ride on that Xhaka hate train cussing and wishing he died doesn’t mean everyone is a sheep.

Views on players and performance, for me, is left on the pitch after 90 minutes. The fact that he’s shit or whatever doesn’t make him any less likeable as a person overall.

Only because someone doesn’t succeed in our team doesn’t mean they’re instantly shit either. Gnabry is doing just fine as a German starting international.
Each to their own eh. But for me Xhaka is sub-standard and I would be surprised to see him do better than us.....time will tell.

As for Gnabry, that's a whole different story which has been discussed on here before and the blame for that lies with TOF....bought Xhaka and Mustafi for ridiculous amounts of money but failed to spot that Gnabry could play a bit.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I see Malouda is available , surely now we can make it happen. :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:22 am
I see Malouda is available , surely now we can make it happen. :D

Good spot. So about 33 years after TOF nearly signed him as a 5 year old we can finally land him :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He,s been linked to us even more than Joe Cole who I think is also available on a free . We mustn't waste these opportunities. Bring back Squallachi to anchor the defense and we are laughing....!

augie

Post by augie »

Another in the "not gonna happen" bin, BUT the boy is a real talent and another one we should have identified when he was with Fulham or celtic :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-dembele/

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Why get rid of Xhaka before Elneny? Start from the back and work your way forward. I would rather sign another top midfielder and keep Xhaka for competition/back up. Ramsey is leaving, there are question marks over Ozil. I have no idea if Welbeck will still be here or Mkhitaryan. Denis Suarez wont stay long term. Xhaka wont be leaving.

We need to sign some attacking midfielders/wide players.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 am
Why get rid of Xhaka before Elneny? Start from the back and work your way forward. I would rather sign another top midfielder and keep Xhaka for competition/back up. Ramsey is leaving, there are question marks over Ozil. I have no idea if Welbeck will still be here or Mkhitaryan. Denis Suarez wont stay long term. Xhaka wont be leaving.

We need to sign some attacking midfielders/wide players.
Apparently he's linked with Inter. In a good world, I'd take the offer as the money would be decent and we can look for a replacement. However, now that Rambo is gone and we aren't sure of Miki, Denis Suarez and to an extent Ozil he's a must keep. Ideally would like to get rid of ElNeny first and Miki if he wants to go but we need to bring some first and have it locked rather than selling all CM's and then panic buy shit ones on deadline day.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

'Unai Emery will sanction an Arsenal clearout this summer - with Germany international defender Shkodran Mustafi, 27, among the players for sale. (Mail)'
Fuckin' hell, took all these fuck ups, the loss to Palace and the CL place in jeopardy for him to start this process… :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He needs to sell sell sell , trouble is we don't have many with any to sell .
What price Elneny ?
Mustafi ?
Jenkinson ?
Xhaka ?
Wouldn't get more than 25 mill for all three !
We will be lucky if we can give Ozil away .
Probably need to sell either lacazette or Auba and get Giroud back on a free .
Wellbecks gone and good riddance UTD sold us a Fu ked player and he's been injured for 4 years.
We will for sure be shopping at the bargain basement end of the market.

Merrington

Post by Merrington »

We won’t get much for them but it’s a decent chunk off the wage bill with those four players alone and around 250/300k a week when you add Welbeck, Ramsey and lichtsteiner that’s another 250k roughly. Should allow us a few players in to improve the first team and some players to add depth.