ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

I think that it is high time we get rid of this "not good enough for us" notion - we have several players who are not good enough to wash the boots of players from previous era's, but the reality is that we no longer have those same standards and some of those players now NEED to be retained as squad fillers for the modern day AFC. Cech, the ninny, lichsteiner, jenks and a few others are not good enough, monreal and wellshit are past their best, and players like mikki and lard arse MIGHT bring in some funds for the summer transfer kitty - however, whether we like to admit it or not, the likes of xhaka and kolasniac will need to be upgraded but retained to cover for injuries/ squad rotation etc

Lefty says that if we are depending on funds from player sales then we are finished for the next few years, but isn't that exactly the point …….. WE ARE depending on player sales to generate transfer funds, and they wont generate enough to bring in the much needed quality upgrades. Dick (or whoever the manager) is, will have to make do with some additions from the 3rd or 4th level, but for every torreira there are multiple xhaka's that will never get us to the level we aspire to be at. The manager (whoever that may be) will have a choice between bringing in 2 or 3 good players, or 4 or 5 average players - plan number 1 seems obvious answer, but as I said already, a low number of arrivals necessitates the retention of players that none of us want to see in the team ever again, and that will in turn result in the manager being slated and his judgement being questioned for using the players that we all have written off.

Wenger left an absolute shitfest and nearly all of us acknowledged that in the summer - the difference now is that we differ on how quick that shitfest should be rectified, and how much progress should be made when depending on those same shit players that were a key part of that shitfest. It isn't a case of which of us is right and which is wrong now, but is more a case of what prospects the club has of stepping up to challengers again without a serious transfer spend, and for me that is low regardless of who the manager is

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sad but true Augie !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I agree with Augie on the declaration of who is good enough or not good enough to play for The Arsenal. Ozil, Miki are good enough to play for The Arsenal, its just they are not performing anywhere near the expectant level. Essentially, the manager needs players that will play for him and the club. Currently, we don't have too many of them that will play for the club.
Jenkinson is a case in point, I'm sure he absolutely treasure every day he is training and on the subs bench, I'd rather have him in the squad than Lichsteiner who is only here to wind down his career.
It seems Emery would like to bring in players he trusts from his previous clubs Ever Banega is one them, anyone saying he's too old just look at the job Moutinho has done at Wolves. A team that would be above us had wenger stayed another season.
I look at our immediate rivals and think who would be good enough to play for us from their squads. Apart from De Gea, Pogba, Eriksen, Kane and Hazard who would you pick from Spurds, Utd or Chelski to improve our first team? I generally think the technical quality of players is better but the desire to work hard consistently is not what it used to be.
Players like Maddison, Doucoure, Zaha would on current form improve our team, as they would any of our main rivals, but can we afford to buy them? or would we even try to buy them? or would they even want to come to play for us? Probably not.
Chambers has been used in the DM role which has suited his style and a position we are still struggling to fill. He seems disciplined in just sitting in front of the back four and I'd put him there before Guendouzi, Elneny, and Xhaka. After the season he's had a Fulham, he'll be more than grateful at getting the opportunity to play for Arsenal again, similar to Keown after he got relegated with Villa.
I'd also give Welbeck a one year contract. He was our third highest goalscorer until February with 5 goals, not bad considering he's been out since October.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:31 am
I agree with Augie on the declaration of who is good enough or not good enough to play for The Arsenal. Ozil, Miki are good enough to play for The Arsenal, its just they are not performing anywhere near the expectant level. Essentially, the manager needs players that will play for him and the club. Currently, we don't have too many of them that will play for the club.
Jenkinson is a case in point, I'm sure he absolutely treasure every day he is training and on the subs bench, I'd rather have him in the squad than Lichsteiner who is only here to wind down his career.
It seems Emery would like to bring in players he trusts from his previous clubs Ever Banega is one them, anyone saying he's too old just look at the job Moutinho has done at Wolves. A team that would be above us had wenger stayed another season.
I look at our immediate rivals and think who would be good enough to play for us from their squads. Apart from De Gea, Pogba, Eriksen, Kane and Hazard who would you pick from Spurds, Utd or Chelski to improve our first team? I generally think the technical quality of players is better but the desire to work hard consistently is not what it used to be.
Players like Maddison, Doucoure, Zaha would on current form improve our team, as they would any of our main rivals, but can we afford to buy them? or would we even try to buy them? or would they even want to come to play for us? Probably not.
Chambers has been used in the DM role which has suited his style and a position we are still struggling to fill. He seems disciplined in just sitting in front of the back four and I'd put him there before Guendouzi, Elneny, and Xhaka. After the season he's had a Fulham, he'll be more than grateful at getting the opportunity to play for Arsenal again, similar to Keown after he got relegated with Villa.
I'd also give Welbeck a one year contract. He was our third highest goalscorer until February with 5 goals, not bad considering he's been out since October.

Without a doubt I would have either alderweld or vertonghen, plus I would take son in a heartbeat. Rashford too would be an automatic choice for me.
Pogba is a cancer in a club and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Our starting point this summer is about £45M which offsets the current year loss against the Adidas and Emirates sponsorship deals.

If there is no money coming from the wiggy cu.nt we might as well see if we can screw £40 - 50M out of Barca for Bellerin as he is our only asset worth any real money in this market. We can replace him for cheaper and let's face it we are not building a team from RB.

That would give Dick the guts of a £100M to start with and a fighting chance of getting some decent players in to shape the team the way he wants to.

We will save some serious wage money from the likes of Cech and Ramsey. Out of contract this summer are Nacho, Jenks, Lichsteiner, Welbs and Suarez (thanks Denis) so more wages saved there. The only one of those I would keep as cover is Nacho which with Kolasinac as our other LB just goes to show how badly we need to sign a proper LB this summer. The rest are finished with us and offer only more wages savings. In all I'd say that would be around £450 - £500k per week in wages.

I would suggest that this would be an achievable starting point for the summer's transfer dealings. If we can offload one of Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and Mhiki for sensible money then that would simply be a bonus. Two of them would be brilliant and three, well you can only dream :lol:

Just thank your lucky stars that TOF is gone, with a £100M transfer kitty and £500k per wages he'd ignore the defence completely and piss the fucking lot on a second Ozil :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Looks like we're in for another season of the frustrating one.......he's going nowhere.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... nt-to-stay

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 pm
Looks like we're in for another season of the frustrating one.......he's going nowhere.

Yeah, course he will stay for another 2 years of playing every other game and if that every other one happens to be a tough away game on a cold day then you can forget that too.

Another twat who's going to run down his contract and go for a free after costing us a colossal amount, 54 million in his last 3 years wages alone, 42 million fee and his earlier wages, absolutely fucking mad, I think football can go fuck itself.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Seriously, would you?? On stupid money, plays when he feels like it, if he's picked to play and doesn't feel like playing, he coasts until he's jerked......lives in London, probably goes back home as and when he likes........why would he leave??

Another gift from the Mad Dictator, who ran down and wrecked almost every contract he presided over :banghead: :banghead:

The damage that man did will be felt for years to come.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Another example of the utter shit leadership and lack of proper management at all levels in this club.

The owner and the senior financial people should have said to Ozil "we are cutting your salary, here's our offer, take it or leave it".

He's a fantastically gifted footballer with real vision, and only a complete twat could not see that, but he is not consistent and does not earn or deserve that 350k a week.

If we are not going to build the team and our system around his ability (and let's be honest - we aren't - it's obvious Dick doesn't really fancy him) then we are literally pissing 350k a week up the wall on a luxury player.

Another fucking financial anchor wrapped around our neck by Wenger and Ivan the Lizard and the American wig molester. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

The reality is that the club and it's cunty owner are not gonna give the manager enough money to make the necessary improvements to the team, therefore he is gonna have to sell to generate funds - as much as I like laca, and as much as I appreciate his work for the team, the reality is that replacing him with umtiti and gomes mightn't be the worst del ever

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:08 pm

The reality is that the club and it's cunty owner are not gonna give the manager enough money to make the necessary improvements to the team, therefore he is gonna have to sell to generate funds - as much as I like laca, and as much as I appreciate his work for the team, the reality is that replacing him with umtiti and gomes mightn't be the worst del ever

It's an interesting proposition as Umtiti would be a welcome addition given that Kos seems to be on his last last legs and we really need someone in alongside Sokratis. Gomes seems to be doing well at Everton and might well prove better than you know who in the middle so as you say while Laca works hard this sort of a deal may well be the answer. It would hopefully stop Auba getting the sulks when he's not played through the middle as the main man.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Heard Barca is targeting Laca if Griezmann stays with Atletico. Can they fuck right off with Bortomeu back to the North East of Spain.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I think this summer is where Dick earns his money - holding and chambers will be back, bellerin too. Torriera and dozer will be stronger and fitter. Leno, auba and laca are quality. Sokratis had lapses but is improving.

In my mind we need another DM, CB and winger, and a young back up striker.

Weve 40m plus a possible another 30m from the sales of xhaka, mustafi, etc and we've cleared 800k a week in wages.

This is when Dick needs to do what Klopp did in his first summer - bring in young talent from smaller clubs, mixed with a few experienced heads on free transfers - real madrid for example are having a BIG clearout.

Then, unlike last year its not world cup year, then everyone should be rested and fit.

I trust Dick to to a good job this summer, even without the big spending that City and Liverpool are now in a position to do.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:24 pm
I think this summer is where Dick earns his money - holding and chambers will be back, bellerin too. Torriera and dozer will be stronger and fitter. Leno, auba and laca are quality. Sokratis had lapses but is improving.

In my mind we need another DM, CB and winger, and a young back up striker.

Weve 40m plus a possible another 30m from the sales of xhaka, mustafi, etc and we've cleared 800k a week in wages.

This is when Dick needs to do what Klopp did in his first summer - bring in young talent from smaller clubs, mixed with a few experienced heads on free transfers - real madrid for example are having a BIG clearout.

Then, unlike last year its not world cup year, then everyone should be rested and fit.

I trust Dick to to a good job this summer, even without the big spending that City and Liverpool are now in a position to do.
I'd like to see some of the young talent at Arsenal given a crack next year. To be honest, I wish that Nelson and Smith-Rowe were here for this run in because they certainly couldn't have been worse than Iwobi, Miki and Ozil over the past 5 games.