ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

More bad news for AFC this summer they claim

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... g-arsenal/

Makes fcuk all difference to us I think :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky reporting Arsenal are willing to pay upto £70m for Wilfried Zaha, casting major doubt on the club's reported £45m budget. #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@SkyKaveh in Sky studios saying Arsenal can go up to £70m for Zaha (obviously the £70m won’t be paid in cash outright) if they want and talks of Arsenal £45m transfer budget should be taking as ‘pinch of salt’

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:54 pm
.@SkyKaveh in Sky studios saying Arsenal can go up to £70m for Zaha (obviously the £70m won’t be paid in cash outright) if they want and talks of Arsenal £45m transfer budget should be taking as ‘pinch of salt’
70m for Zaha is ridiculous. but McD makes a good point - 40 million is the outlay this window, not our total spend.

due to FFP these big transfer fees are now spread over 3-5 years. plus there is the ability to leverage down the initial outlay by offering to loan young players and pay their wages rather than the receiving club.

so our total outlay could be closer to 120-150 million.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Right so we can go up to £70M for a player that we dont really need but there seems to be no funds or interest in strengthening the areas that really need to be addressed, this feels like déja vu all over again, new manger, new DoF and whatever other positions have been implemented since OGL left but fuck all real change in our transfer dealings, as i said we can blame the pair of *word censored* that were here before for the past but there are new people at the top and its feeling like nothing has changed.

We really really need a 'football' man on the board who can talk to Wiggy or Junior because the wastefulness in our transfer dealings is beyond idiocy at times. It's fair enough if Wiggy wants to be an absent owner and with the right people under him it actually could be a boon, but the continuing saga of feckless wastrels at our club is beyond a joke. We are a football club, a club thrives and makes money on a balance of success tempered with good business sense, neither is apparent at our club these days. :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Even 40m is too much for Zaha I reckon.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Right so we can go up to £70M for a player that we dont really need but there seems to be no funds or interest in strengthening the areas that really need to be addressed, this feels like déja vu all over again, new manger, new DoF and whatever other positions have been implemented since OGL left but fuck all real change in our transfer dealings, as i said we can blame the pair of *word censored* that were here before for the past but there are new people at the top and its feeling like nothing has changed.

We really really need a 'football' man on the board who can talk to Wiggy or Junior because the wastefulness in our transfer dealings is beyond idiocy at times. It's fair enough if Wiggy wants to be an absent owner and with the right people under him it actually could be a boon, but the continuing saga of feckless wastrels at our club is beyond a joke. We are a football club, a club thrives and makes money on a balance of success tempered with good business sense, neither is apparent at our club these days. :rubchin:

When you have a new regime in control, those people almost always want "to mark their mark" with a big star signing - this might be acceptable in most situations, but defensively our situation is so dire, that buying at least 2 or 3 quality defenders SHOULD BE OUR PRIORITY.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I think zaha is dogshit, there is a reason he plays for palace. FFS how far have we dropped.

He is like gervihinio

augie

Post by augie »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm
I think zaha is dogshit, there is a reason he plays for palace. FFS how far have we dropped.

He is like gervihinio

Don't agree with that at all - for starters my dead grandmother was a better player than the forehead, but I also think that you are harsh on Zaha. Nowadays £70m doesn't get you as much as it should, and for sure Zaha is over-rated, but at the same time he is a good and pacy winger and we haven't had one of them in a loooong time. His diving/cheating theatrics would be a big concern for me, but if we had bought defenders to address our issues in the backline, then (and only then) would I be on board with signing Zaha but at the right price

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm

He is like gervihinio

Don't agree with that at all - for starters my dead grandmother was a better player than the forehead, but I also think that you are harsh on Zaha. Nowadays £70m doesn't get you as much as it should, and for sure Zaha is over-rated, but at the same time he is a good and pacy winger and we haven't had one of them in a loooong time. His diving/cheating theatrics would be a big concern for me, but if we had bought defenders to address our issues in the backline, then (and only then) would I be on board with signing Zaha but at the right price

Well I guess at least zaha's eyes kinda both face the same way he is running unlike the forehead. I think he is a mid table player and we have enough of them , but then I am not what else we are going to buy at this point, and agree defenders should be a priority.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Please please please don't make another (or any) bid for Zaha, he's another welbeck and would tie up money that could be better spent on our defence.

We have a good attack already and could supplement it with youngsters like Eddie and ESR.
If the club could find some extra funds then ffs look at the shite behind the strike force.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

My thoughts exactly if we are gonna spend £40 mill+ let it be on a top defender - We NEED Defenders FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:17 pm
Think we'd have more luck shifting the deadwood from our squad if we just killed them, harvested their organs and sold them on the black market

:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

See now THAT's a Plan!... I heard there are gangs in Rio De Janiro who buy kidneys, Lungs and Livers even eyes etc for a very good price.

Mind you I doubt we'd even get offers for mustavalaugh :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Daily Record say Napoli’s growing interest in Tierney has forced #Arsenal back to the table & they have already started to clear the decks by negotiating with Nacho Monreal to cancel his £65K-a-week contract. An improved bid for Tierney is expected within 48 hours. https://t.co/LsW37OyNzv

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

FFS people, get serious! Zaha is 10 times the player Wellshit was and he’s not injured every 5 minutes either! As long as we sign at least a LB and a minimum of 1 quality CB then I’ll be delighted to sign Zaha as well, it’s a fucking enormous upgrade on ANY midfielder we currently have at the club.

The PL have agreed to change the FFP rules for this season so you’re overall wages are not capped at 60% of turnover now so it’s opened the door for everyone to pay ‘more’ than they thought they could. Just imagine Stan putting his hand in his pocket.......would fuck a few people on here off! :roll: