ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:36 pm
FFS people, get serious! Zaha is 10 times the player Wellshit was and he’s not injured every 5 minutes either! As long as we sign at least a LB and a minimum of 1 quality CB then I’ll be delighted to sign Zaha as well, it’s a fucking enormous upgrade on ANY midfielder we currently have at the club.

The PL have agreed to change the FFP rules for this season so you’re overall wages are not capped at 60% of turnover now so it’s opened the door for everyone to pay ‘more’ than they thought they could. Just imagine Stan putting his hand in his pocket.......would fuck a few people on here off! :roll:
Sorry TC but we have enough moody petulant *word censored* at the club and Zaha is another who goes walk about when things aren't goiing his way. A LB and CB is nowhere near enough to strengthen our defence to where it needs to be because it leaves us with only very average backup options but in the current financial climate we'll be lucky if we can afford either if Zaha is bought :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:36 pm
FFS people, get serious! Zaha is 10 times the player Wellshit was and he’s not injured every 5 minutes either! As long as we sign at least a LB and a minimum of 1 quality CB then I’ll be delighted to sign Zaha as well, it’s a fucking enormous upgrade on ANY midfielder we currently have at the club.

The PL have agreed to change the FFP rules for this season so you’re overall wages are not capped at 60% of turnover now so it’s opened the door for everyone to pay ‘more’ than they thought they could. Just imagine Stan putting his hand in his pocket.......would fuck a few people on here off! :roll:
The fuck he is - and I've always thought Welwide was utter shit. Zaha is right in that group of PL average forwards with shit like Sturridge and Welwide and Lukaku. They have the odd great game or a little run of scoring in 3 or 4 games and the media loses its collective shit about their supposed quality, and then they go 10 or 12 games being shit the media move on, and then they score a couple and the same idiots in the media start talking them up again. :oops:

There is no question we have that has Zaha as the answer and certainly not at 40 million never mind 80 fucking million ffs. :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Agree on the price DB but even average Joes are going for 40-50m now, it’s gone completely mad.

augie

Post by augie »

Hands up who is excited at this development

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ummer.html

:rubchin: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:30 am
Agree on the price DB but even average Joes are going for 40-50m now, it’s gone completely mad.
Very very true mate. We now live in a world where players like Maguire are being priced between 80 million and 100 million..... :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:15 am
Hands up who is excited at this development

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ummer.html

:rubchin: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well it is the Daily Fail so 99% positive it's complete horseshit but if (IF) It's true then my already wavering opinion of Dick might just take another step lower... :| if he is basing his opinion of Zaha on ragdolling shit like Mustafalaugh then we are in real trouble because when Zaha comes up against any half decent defenders he goes missing and resorts to diving. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

I'd say dick must be pulling his hair out at this stage - maybe he knew that his transfer budget wasn't going to be significant, and was told that it would be topped up with sales, but I would say that he is stunned that they club haven't been able to move on any deadwood through sales. He comes from the continental management system where coaches and managers have zero input in wages/transfer fee's etc (as opposed to our former dictator who even picked out the colour of the walls in the training centre :roll: ), so I'd guess that he had no idea how much wages these c.unts are on, and how comfortable they are in their lifestyle with us. He is probably looking at this mess and wondering what the fcuk can he do with it, cos without money/investment this team is only going in one direction and it aint up

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:09 am
I'd say dick must be pulling his hair out at this stage - maybe he knew that his transfer budget wasn't going to be significant, and was told that it would be topped up with sales, but I would say that he is stunned that they club haven't been able to move on any deadwood through sales. He comes from the continental management system where coaches and managers have zero input in wages/transfer fee's etc (as opposed to our former dictator who even picked out the colour of the walls in the training centre :roll: ), so I'd guess that he had no idea how much wages these c.unts are on, and how comfortable they are in their lifestyle with us. He is probably looking at this mess and wondering what the fcuk can he do with it, cos without money/investment this team is only going in one direction and it aint up
All true and all the more depressing for it.... :(

wibble

Post by wibble »

I see Celtic have bought a new left back. Perhaps tierney will be moving after all.

I hope his Italian is good :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

wibble wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:39 am
I see Celtic have bought a new left back. Perhaps tierney will be moving after all.

Tierney is coming 100% (don't' listen to Augie :wink: )

No one in their right mind is off to play in Seria Morgue (you can have the use of that one if you like) to play for anyone other than Juventus.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am
wibble wrote:

No one in their right mind is off to play in Seria Morgue (you can have the use of that one if you like) to play for anyone other than Juventus.

I agree with you on that rodders, but the worry I have is that he will down tools and turn us down - it is well known how much of a celtic guy he is and how much of a home bird he is, so he might say to himself that they don't rate me that high (low bids) or that they are taking the piss with celtic, and he might take both personally and refuse to leave. In a day and age of ridiculous transfer fee's, how valued by us do you think he feels when we offer £15m for him ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ian Holloway and Mario Melchiot on TalkSPORT scalded Arsenal for their “embarrassing” £40m offer for Zaha, then in the very next conversation they praised Juventus for potentially signing De Ligt, who’s worth double what Zaha is, for £46m calling it a bargain.

Post from twitter

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am
wibble wrote:

Still think that Tierney is coming rodders ? :wink:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-option/

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Athletico have just paid 113 million for a 19 yo striker, mental.

If we are going to spunk away 70m we should have just bid for deligt .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Monreal - They reckon that the club took up the one year extension option to his contract back in January but didn't advertise it. So we still have him and Kolasinac :roll: on the payroll. For me, Kolasinac on £120k pw is as big a travesty as Ozil on his £350k. But the question has to be, how real are we about Tierney....maybe just about as serious as we are about Zaha. This is borderline farce.