ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:53 pm
fantastic news !

el ninny off to Bordeaux for seven million - taking a pay cut too. :barscarf:

i am just reading el maestro - Emery's view of players is very interesting.he believes the psychology of a player is more important than their physique.

he believes that every player can improve their game both technically and psychologically under his tutelage, and he gives them one season. if they don't 'take' his coaching and improve he bins them.

another thing to remember - all his teams play with two wingers or wing backs.

Some good news at last :barscarf:

That's a dangerous approach to take, he'll be binning so many that we might not have much of a team left :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ozil to fenebache on loan ?

it doesn't help financially much, but its better than nothing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Has this been proposed or rumoured? Haven't seen anything on it. Or are you just throwing it out there for the fuck of it? :lol:

Either way it's not for me. The only thing sillier than paying someone 350k a week to play football is paying someone 350k a week to play football for somebody else. :roll:

If we cannot get him off the payroll then Dick has to get whatever he can out of him on the pitch. How much that will be in this system, with the players we have, and with Ozil ageing, God knows...... :|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Nelson , Willock , & Nketiah in first team squad

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 pm
clockender1 wrote:

Has this been proposed or rumoured? Haven't seen anything on it. Or are you just throwing it out there for the fuck of it? :lol:

no mate, it was online - daily mirror & Sun

and it would be unlikely that we'd still pay him full whack - i would think 50% is likely. Sun says 'bache will pay 8m and The Arsenal 5.5m.

talking about our kids - who is Robbie Burton who crunched Nkiteh in training ? anyone who can kick our strikers is in, in my book :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Ahhhhh, penny pinching over Scottish full backs? Exactly the reason we moved from our spiritual home.
What a fucking joke we’ve become

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Robbie Burton, been there a while it seems.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/features/2 ... bie-burton

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:24 pm
In the most 2019 way of predicting a transfer ever Mustafi has removed the tag about being an Arsenal player from his Instagram account. It’s all about the social media these days you bunch of old bastards.

Who knows? I’m living in the hope that he’s fucking off anyway :barscarf:
Rodders ya *word censored* :shock: I just googled mustafi :shock: and it says mustafi Everton player :shock:

2009 :banghead:
Can you google ozil and iwobi too please? :D
A pair of big jobbies that won't flush :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Red Snapper wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm

interesting. it would seem that either he possibly is the promising understudy to Ozil, or as he's a sweaty then he might be on his way to Celtic park as the make weight in the tierney deal.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Red Snapper wrote:

interesting. it would seem that either he possibly is the promising understudy to Ozil, or as he's a sweaty then he might be on his way to Celtic park as the make weight in the tierney deal.
He's Welsh according to that piece

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

On this day in 1990 Arsenal manager George Graham looks overseas to bolster his attacking options when he secures the services of Swede Anders Limpar from Italian club Cremonese for £1 million.

"When people ask me about it now, I’m really, really honoured to have played for the club".

TROUSERS FUCKING DOWN :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm
On this day in 1990 Arsenal manager George Graham looks overseas to bolster his attacking options when he secures the services of Swede Anders Limpar from Italian club Cremonese for £1 million.

"When people ask me about it now, I’m really, really honoured to have played for the club".

TROUSERS FUCKING DOWN :barscarf:
https://www.express.co.uk/videos/576045 ... rough-time

His face when they tell him that Norway won the world cup :shock: :lol:

A great signing by GG and it was a pleasure to watch him

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Either way it's not for me. The only thing sillier than paying someone 350k a week to play football is paying someone 350k a week to play football for somebody else. :roll:

If we cannot get him off the payroll then Dick has to get whatever he can out of him on the pitch. How much that will be in this system, with the players we have, and with Ozil ageing, God knows...... :|

If we get a club (any club) willing to pay 40%-50% of ozil's wages, then we should have him out the door with haste - yes we would still be paying him £175k per week to play for someone else, but the flip side is that we will be taking out the negativity his presence is gonna bring to that young dressing room. We need positive presence's around these young players, and showing them good examples instead of bad

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

If we get a club (any club) willing to pay 40%-50% of ozil's wages, then we should have him out the door with haste - yes we would still be paying him £175k per week to play for someone else, but the flip side is that we will be taking out the negativity his presence is gonna bring to that young dressing room. We need positive presence's around these young players, and showing them good examples instead of bad
I totally agree augie.Fuck him off even if were paying a chunk of his wages.The 175k or whatever it is we aren't paying can go towards someone who wants to put a shift in and not sulk around the place.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Red Snapper wrote:

He's Welsh according to that piece
Almost the same thing right ? :lol: