ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Poldi wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:29 am
https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/xave ... t-mein-tr/

Xaver Schlager, 21year-old Austrian Midfielder and German Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg's new signing fom Salzburg, has told the media that he's been an Arsenal fan since the age of 7 and it's his dream to play for the Arsenal one day. SIGN HIM NOW! :wink:

I've been an Arsenal fan for over 40 years - why am I not being linked with signing for the club ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I've been an Arsenal fan for over 40 years - why am I not being linked with signing for the club ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
I've been one for over 50 years and all the club have ever tried to do is have me arrested, some people have no appreciation !
PS the last Arsenal fan we signed was Jenkinson !

augie

Post by augie »

Emery said this about mustafi after last nights game

“Mustafi is the same. He had some muscular pain so we didn’t play him. I hope it’s not a big injury. We decided it was better for him to rest.”

Hoping it's not a big injury ??? I hope his leg is falling off :lol: :lol: :lol:

FFS get in and buy alderweld for £25m before his clause expires :roll: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Comments apparently made to the club site by dick after last nights game about the possibility of selling auba -

"It's not really in our mind, not really. We are very happy with Aubameyang and we don't want to sell him,"

Anyone else think that is not the most emphatic NOT FOR SALE response we have ever heard ? For me the "not really" bit is especially telling - to me it says that in an ideal world they don't want to sell him, but that the door isn't closed on selling him either

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Comments apparently made to the club site by dick after last nights game about the possibility of selling auba -

"It's not really in our mind, not really. We are very happy with Aubameyang and we don't want to sell him,"

Anyone else think that is not the most emphatic NOT FOR SALE response we have ever heard ? For me the "not really" bit is especially telling - to me it says that in an ideal world they don't want to sell him, but that the door isn't closed on selling him either
Hmmm.... it's worrying tbh. Sounds like Dick is being careful what he says because he is not sure what the money men might do. If Dick says "no way will we sell Boomerang" and then the idiot money bastards sell him, Dick looks like a lying cùnt.

Nothing about Modern Arsenal surprises me and not much about them impresses me. :|

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:44 pm
augie wrote:

Hmmm.... it's worrying tbh. Sounds like Dick is being careful what he says because he is not sure what the money men might do. If Dick says "no way will we sell Boomerang" and then the idiot money bastards sell him, Dick looks like a lying cùnt.

Nothing about Modern Arsenal surprises me and not much about them impresses me. :|
dick hasn't fully mastered the English language yet so I wouldn't take any of his quotes in it too seriously

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:

well, that's the way the game is now - PSG don't want to sell Neymar for 200 million but they might have to.

the body language last night from Auba was that he loves playing with Laca and is going nowhere.

to sell Auba to fund Zaha would be a travesty, especially when we have Reiss Nelson who last night was outstanding - the confidence he played with was amazing and for pace he is quicker than sterling.

yes he fluffed a couple of golden chances, but already he looks an upgrade on the likes of Walcott, and he can play through the middle.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I've given up with this whole transfer window saga....I can't be bothered with these embarrassing 'bids' that we are throwing about.

Zaha, who we don't need, is just pure misdirection to get some attention as big spenders :roll: but then we bid peanuts for an established left back, who we do need, which shows that we are actually quite happy to make do with Monreal and Kolasinac :suicide:

A kid CB loaned back and playing nursery club to RM to develop one of their promising youngsters.

Why couldn't we just have bought Tierney and a decent CB and said that's it. Then give our own kids a chance where needed. Sorted.

augie

Post by augie »

According to celtic and neil lennon, the Tierney transfer is dead and negotiations have stopped

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... non-Celtic

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:13 pm
According to celtic and neil lennon, the Tierney transfer is dead and negotiations have stopped

nah, Neil Lennon is a troll, always has been. never believe anything he says. if he says it's dead, it probably isn't; he's just goading Arsenal :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Lennon gave an interview on SSN yesterday and said as much. I'm not a big fan of his but tbf to the guy he was very professional in the way he spoke about us because he was probably entitled to call us out as a bunch of chancers and didn't. A missed opportunity which leads me to doubt that Dick is going in the right direction.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

The Ceballos loan is pretty much done now according to reports in Spain. Hope it comes with an option to buy because this kid is a baller in the Iniesta mould.

phpBB [video]

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:10 pm
Why is anyone surprised by this?

Not wanting to be harsh but when Wenger was here this was par for the course, not all of us believed it was all down to Wenger at the time but a multitude of sinners in the club structure yet only now is the penny seeming to drop for some. We are the archetypal 'Scotsman' in the transfer market (sorry Jock and Falkirk, but you know what i mean :wink: ), to coin an old joke, copper wire was invented by Stan and Arsene fighting over a penny from the Arsenal piggy bank :banghead:

We'll have a trolley dash with a week to go lads, dont worry its what we do!! Then the sheep in the bowl will be happy :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tierney should be a no brainer to be honest position of need, 22 YO, £25M not a massive risk or valuation in the current market, Zaha i wouldn't want anywhere near the club for the exact same reasons others have mentioned, but what worries me the most is the lack of movement out the club to free up money and wages, it feels like we are going into the new season with pretty much the same issues, i mean players, we ended last season with and currently no immediate improvement options :rubchin:

I understand your thought process here, but the contradiction in it is kinda touched upon in your second paragraph - wenger ran the transfer system including contracts etc. and it is down to his woefully bad mismanagement of our finances that we don't have a pot to pish in. The lack of players moving out, are those same players that the French cock bought and overpaid and we will be living with his mistakes for a long time yet
I get your point Augie but AW didn't sign the checks or assign the transfer budget. He may of offered to hand it back if given it on occasions but there is no proof he was actually ever offered it. It's easy to seem the good guy to your boss by making statements like that, but in all honesty it was incredibly cowardly of him to accept the 'supposed' budget limitations he was given especially when his 'project youth' failed.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Wengers arrogance and touted running of everything blinds us to the reality that in some things he was as much a yes man as the Lizard and the Board were. I think its becoming increasingly obvious after the removal of Wenger and many of his acolytes in the last year or so that nothing much is changing at the highest levels of the club and that our supposed stay away owner is much more in control of things than we supposed when we were levelling most of our ire and the blame at Wenger.

No doubt Wenger was an idiot, but some might say he was a useful idiot in the way he acted like a shield for those higher up the food chain than him, now the shield has gone maybe we are seeing much more clearly than before, but that is just my opinion.

I'm worried that the new Manager may have fallen into the same trap but for different reasons, AW was a self serving aggrandising prick but in UEs case he may have fallen for the same shysters tricks by those above when signing on and been led down a garden path by naivety, only time will tell.

I think few of us thought that it was ONLY Wenger that was at the root of our problems, but he was, undoubtedly, as big a problem as any and imo, the catalyst for our onfield decline. Never forget that he squandered fortunes over the years (sadly the media and most fans still don't recognise it) and far from over-achieving with the resources at his disposal, he massively under-achieved.

It's actually impossible to separate the whole putrid bunch of ex and current directors / owners and the manager....each and every one was clearly complicit in maximising personal gain, at the expense of onfield success. Wenger was their front man, who willingly sold out whatever values and honour he may have ever possessed and was the foil who (quite brilliantly) kept the majority of our lobotomised fans quiet for over a decade. A sly, duplicitous, lying fucker, involved up to his neck in the deceit.

Whether Dick has "fallen into the same trap" willingly or unwillingly (I suspect the latter), doesn't really matter. The poor bastard hasn't got a hope of keeping the fans onside, because he doesn't have the sentiment and goodwill that the Fraud was able to trade on for years. It's quite possible that the Arsenal manager's seat, will be lashed to a revolving door for the foreseeable future.

wibble

Post by wibble »

I was convinced we sold Elneny at the start of this transfer window. I googled to remind me who had been stupid enough to buy him but sadly he is still with us, I must have imagined it :cry:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i never thought we would sign anyone while we were in the US as most new players want to meet the Manager and be introduced by him when they sign.

We return home today.

i would not be surprised to see a new face or two on Friday. :rubchin: