ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery on the positions that he wants to strengthen: "It’s one centre back, one midfielder & one winger & we are going to [try] to do that. We are thinking the same. I want a team that is better than last year, so the players can achieve a lot being with us this season" #Arsenal

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:41 pm
greengooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:23 pm
Anybody else getting pissed off with adverts all over the forums?, I’m constantly closing down the same pop up

Me too
I downloaded an ad blocker recently which stopped it immediately. A few websites won't let you in unless you disable it but it really is very few.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Rugani on loan or somebody like Presnel Kimpembe, who Emery has worked with at PSG, would probably be the best we can do in terms of centre back targets.
Neither are a bad shout to be fair and I believe both looking to get out and get play time. I'd get PK only due to the fact that he was Unai's first choice at PSG and he has been quite comfortable alongside a warrior like T. Silva - should be no change if he slots in with Papa next to him.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 pm
I would prefer Pepe to Zaha. But I would prefer a top class defender/CB to Pepe - But who is out there CB's that is) other than the much touted Maguire who for me is nowhere near the £80mill being quoted for him.

Top Class CB's are much harder to come by than attackers/ forwards ... If the club don't buy any Defenders - including Tierney - Then they must be relying on the apprentices/reserves/academy .. because Mustafi and his like are beyond awful as we all know,

Surely they cannot just leave the defence as it is ???? Can they? :shock: :?

I hope we do get Pepe, BUT only if they also sign the equivalent in defence ... But Who??? I don't know enough about to defenders to even make a guess or suggestion, but I do know maguire is not all he is said to be.

Not top class I know, but ake alongside sokratis would be a good partnership imo until we are in a position to buy top class

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:22 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Rugani on loan or somebody like Presnel Kimpembe, who Emery has worked with at PSG, would probably be the best we can do in terms of centre back targets.
Neither are a bad shout to be fair and I believe both looking to get out and get play time. I'd get PK only due to the fact that he was Unai's first choice at PSG and he has been quite comfortable alongside a warrior like T. Silva - should be no change if he slots in with Papa next to him.
Agreed, Thiago Silva is a Warrior, like Captain Cafu!!!

so is Sokratis, but we all Agreed,

anyone & their Grandma is better than Mustafi is now!

[Thanks for the Memories!]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I keep hearing ( I mean besides all the other endless rumours) a lot about Rugani of Juventus - Don't know him, but he seems to have a good rep.

Also WTF happened to the Fraser deal with Bournemouth - He is a very decent player when ever I've seen him...usually MOTD - He has a great engine for a mid-fielder, likes a tackle and is creative (oh! and he is British).

So if Emery (as quoted on here) is looking to get a winger, a CB and a Mid-fielder then Fraser would be a decent buy.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I know everyone bangs on about the defence, rightly so of course but many seem to overlook the fact that our midfield last season was SHITE, really shite. Torreira was good for half a season, Doozy became a headless chicken, Rambo was good when he was fit and the likes of Mhiki, Iwobi, Xhaka and Ozil were a total letdown. In my opinion the midfield needs rebuilding as much as the defence! Signing Pepe would be a great start, along with Ceballos it would add quality and creativity, something we didn’t have in many games last year. Yes strengthen the defence but don’t forget that a decent midfield makes a poor defence better anyway.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 am
I keep hearing ( I mean besides all the other endless rumours) a lot about Rugani of Juventus - Don't know him, but he seems to have a good rep.

Also WTF happened to the Fraser deal with Bournemouth - He is a very decent player when ever I've seen him...usually MOTD - He has a great engine for a mid-fielder, likes a tackle and is creative (oh! and he is British).

So if Emery (as quoted on here) is looking to get a winger, a CB and a Mid-fielder then Fraser would be a decent buy.

No doubt I will be viewed as harsh here, but the fact that he has never been first choice at juve would worry me - I would be the first to say that chielinni and bonucci have been two of the best defenders in the world in the last decade, but the reality is that they are both well into their 30s and still first choice and that would worry me. Also, now that they have decided to ease one of them out of the starting line-up, they have decided that rugani isn't the man to fill that void. If I am going by those facts, I am wondering if he is the Italian mustafi

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm
Emery on the positions that he wants to strengthen: "It’s one centre back, one midfielder & one winger & we are going to [try] to do that. We are thinking the same. I want a team that is better than last year, so the players can achieve a lot being with us this season" #Arsenal
i saw that. he does want another CB. looking at the minor role mustafi has had in the last two games, i do think his days are finally numbered.

Freddie not blind, he knows what we think and he doesn't suffer fools gladly by all accounts. he certainly didn't as a player.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:39 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm
i saw that. he does want another CB. looking at the minor role mustafi has had in the last two games, i do think his days are finally numbered.

Freddie not blind, he knows what we think and he doesn't suffer fools gladly by all accounts. he certainly didn't as a player.

Reality is that unless we find a buyer (not gonna happen anytime soon), his days will never be numbered cos our small squad will probably require him playing at different stages
The irony is that the only hope we have of selling him is if we play him in games and he does well, but if that happens will we want to sell ? :lol: :lol: His performances and the public bashing he has got from the fans, will no doubt have deterred most clubs from even considering signing him :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Dear Jim,

Go fu.ck yourself.

Regards,

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... sh-Kroenke

Is there a bigger sycophant in football. What an embarrassment the man is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Hate the cun.t with a vengeance. A real sycophantic sphincter licking cuntbag

He's lucky him and Rodders don't bump into one another after he (ALLEGEDLY) 'tried it on' with Natalie at the xmas do 2 years ago, apparently / allegedly she slapped the cun.t.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 am

No doubt I will be viewed as harsh here, but the fact that he has never been first choice at juve would worry me - I would be the first to say that chielinni and bonucci have been two of the best defenders in the world in the last decade, but the reality is that they are both well into their 30s and still first choice and that would worry me. Also, now that they have decided to ease one of them out of the starting line-up, they have decided that rugani isn't the man to fill that void. If I am going by those facts, I am wondering if he is the Italian mustafi

Not really augmeister - You tend to have a negative view on most things. :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??
Kolasinac, Mustafi, Khedeira...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm
With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??
Kolasinac, Mustafi, Khedeira...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fuck! The KMK!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't they wear hoods and shyte and do bad things??!!!

:rubchin:

Ohhhh! Nooo that's DMC they Used to wear hoodies and USED to be Baaad! (allegedly) ..