ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 am
I keep hearing ( I mean besides all the other endless rumours) a lot about Rugani of Juventus - Don't know him, but he seems to have a good rep.

Also WTF happened to the Fraser deal with Bournemouth - He is a very decent player when ever I've seen him...usually MOTD - He has a great engine for a mid-fielder, likes a tackle and is creative (oh! and he is British).

So if Emery (as quoted on here) is looking to get a winger, a CB and a Mid-fielder then Fraser would be a decent buy.

No doubt I will be viewed as harsh here, but the fact that he has never been first choice at juve would worry me - I would be the first to say that chielinni and bonucci have been two of the best defenders in the world in the last decade, but the reality is that they are both well into their 30s and still first choice and that would worry me. Also, now that they have decided to ease one of them out of the starting line-up, they have decided that rugani isn't the man to fill that void. If I am going by those facts, I am wondering if he is the Italian mustafi
He is not the Italian Mustafi but no Trent A A either and having said that:-

- He was never a first choice ahead of the Chiellini and Bonucci due to the fact that they are veterans of the club and flagships, pulling them out of the squad would create chaos and Italian football not being overly fast paced either, they were well suited and won all the domestic stuff for close to a decade now. Another example, Totti being where he was in his last season, he was never pulled out because in Italy we are more emotional than here in England where anyone is dropped from one week to the other (legend or not). Plus, the one season Bonucci was at Milan, Rugani saw a huge amount of play time than usual and albeit being a tad bit shaky at the back, guess what happened... they won cups.

- Now that one of them is well beyond its peak, they bought De Ligt because you simply do not pass on someone like that and they are well past the phase where they want to conquer Italy only. Juve has only one thing missing in their cabinet and it's a CL. They bought CR for that reason and cannot afford to waste another season bringing Rugani up to speed with CL football because in Serie A he does good stuff. They want to win the CL, and probably can next year.

Rugani is always the back up CB for the team and usually plays the early rounds of cups and whatnot. For what it's worth, he is a good player but above I stated we need Kimpembe due to the experience and the fact that he's been a regular both national and international.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm
With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??
Kolasinac, Mustafi, Khedeira...
Varane is good friends with him but what we are not friends with is his £500m price tag. :banghead: :banghead:

Boateng and Sule are also good friends, but the shambles that Bayern is in, doubt they'd wanna shift them since they already sent Hummels back to BVB.

Looks like Mesut is making the wrong type of phone calls :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??

I think if we sign khedeira I am finished with this club - even if we ignore his horrendous injury record (worse than diaby and rosicky), I still wouldn't sign him cos he is utter dogshite :evil:
Also we want rid of ozil so why would we surround him with his buddies here at AFC ? :?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:08 pm
Dear Jim,

Go fu.ck yourself.

Regards,

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... sh-Kroenke

Is there a bigger sycophant in football. What an embarrassment the man is.
Errrr we haven't signed him yet, if we do great, but it's hardly like City's owners spending £1BN on the team ffs, the money is coming out of club revenue and is being paid in installments.

Typical of some media dickhead though, especially on Sky, always wanting to 'hype' everything to try and sell their product or whatever.

Feck off you grey haired w@nker. :blah:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Nos89 wrote:

I think if we sign khedeira I am finished with this club - even if we ignore his horrendous injury record (worse than diaby and rosicky), I still wouldn't sign him cos he is utter dogshite :evil:
Also we want rid of ozil so why would we surround him with his buddies here at AFC ? :?
Last thing we need is another 30+ yr old German on big wages, we've already got one who is taking up the salary of about 3 good players. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Nos89 wrote:
he is not signing. he was there to watch one of the birds in the Bayern wimmins team.

allegedly his brothers bird.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:23 pm
Anybody else getting pissed off with adverts all over the forums?, I’m constantly closing down the same pop up

I only come on here for the adverts, it’s the inane posts I ‘d like to block :box:

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 pm
greengooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:23 pm
Anybody else getting pissed off with adverts all over the forums?, I’m constantly closing down the same pop up

I only come on here for the adverts, it’s the inane posts I ‘d like to block :box:
haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

AS Monaco have enquired for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi, according to L'Équipe. The outlet claims he is valued at €30m.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:27 pm
AS Monaco have enquired for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi, according to L'Équipe. The outlet claims he is valued at €30m.
If there was even the slightest chance that this was true than I would drive him to Monaco myself and let him feel up the missus on the back seat for the entire journey.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
If there was even the slightest chance that this was true than I would drive him to Monaco myself and let him feel up the missus on the back seat for the entire journey.

Could I tag along :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

€30m ?? FFS don't scare them off - look for €20m and be very thankful if we get it

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

€30m ?? FFS don't scare them off - look for €2 and be very thankful if we get it
Fixed for ya Augie 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That’s a bargain for Mustafi!!
If we only have to pay 30m for them to take him, bite their arms off!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @NicoSchira, Pepe will have his medical at 4pm tomorrow. He has agreed a 5-year-contract worth €6m a year. #Arsenal https://t.co/rH5ZH7NBR3