ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:32 pm
ESPN claim Leipzig's Dayot Upamecano is no longer an option for #Arsenal as a deal was too complicated to conclude, though, Juventus' Daniele Rugani is in the frame following a meeting in London this week between Raul Sanllehi & Juventus director Fabio Paratici. https://t.co/sAvlWgyvd7
Very disappointing, he is the one we should be signing not the Italian reject, why is it complicated?, he has a release clause just pay it ffs!, he's 20 yrs old and has massive 'asset value' which we all know wiggy loves.

Would rather we had spent the money on him and gone for someone cheaper than Pepe for the wing... penny pinching again?.

:roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨- According to Barcelona there is nothing between them and Arsenal for Coutinho.[@Kike_Marin_] https://t.co/eSjgkKIDWk

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

So if Kos and Jenks go is it just me or are we very light on defensive cover?

Papa, Musthafalaugh, Chambers, Bellerin, Holding, Sead, Nacho, Mavropanos and AMN :rubchin: Am I missing anyone?

9 players for 4/5 slots depending on formation, injuries and suspensions seems a bit short staffed to me, we really need some deals done in the next few days :?

Edit: I'm completely ignoring the quality or lack of of the above :wink:
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Spurs have agreed a £31.5m one year loan deal for Coutinho, 250k a week. Subject to medical

Relax now Augie

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:08 pm
Lots of outlets reporting Coutinho to us is a deal. :barscarf:
i think he played for the Mickeys in the Ozil role & as 2nd striker.
Considered to be an archetypal Brazilian number 10 playmaker, Coutinho has been used as an attacking midfielder, second striker, central midfielder, and as a on the flanks, where he excels at providing assists for teammates.
there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ozil, coutinho and Cebellos all competing for that starting spot. likewise the CM spot alongside or instead of Xhaka, Torreira.

frankly a front six of laca, Auba, Ceballos , Torreira, Coutinho and Pepe would make most team shit their pants and would certainly be a match for city and Liverpool's front lines. plus we'd have Reiss to come on last twenty or thirty to run at a very tired back four for Pepe or Coutinho.

its a lack of competition and guaranteed bonuses that have partly caused the malaise at our gaff. AND its a long old season.

imho Eddie should be lent out til xmas only, and only to a ball playing team like Brentford, not cloggers like Bristol City.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm
Spurs have agreed a £31.5m one year loan deal for Coutinho, 250k a week. Subject to medical

Relax now Augie
fu*king insane money for a one year loan

So the whole deal is costing them 44.5 million

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm
4.6 million quid is a great return for a past it has been in the last year of his contract who's achilles is being held together by sellotape.
I concur wholeheartedly rodders 8) glad he's away :barscarf: one of le fartpipes pampered pussyholes out the door :barscarf: for cash :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm
4.6 million quid is a great return for a past it has been in the last year of his contract who's achilles is being held together by sellotape.
I concur wholeheartedly rodders 8) glad he's away :barscarf: one of le fartpipes pampered pussyholes out the door :barscarf: for cash :barscarf: :barscarf:
I think people are forgetting we are also saving £4,680,000 in wages for kos as well this year :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @SoccerInsider, one of Mesut Ozil's reps will meet with DC United officials next week in Washington. #Arsenal https://t.co/ygwFmhfTLl

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Erikson going to yanited so if that Coutinho story is true. That’s some amount of money to piss up against the wall for a player you won’t even own.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Fuck me even Wolves are beating us to Rugani.. by the time representative of both clubs meet in London the player will be signing his tenancy agreement in West Midlands.

Are we putting all the eggs on Upamecano, provided that RB do not fuck with us on deadline day.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky Germany say #Arsenal have made a concrete offer for Dayot Upamecano but Leipzig won't sell unless his release clause of €90m is activated. https://t.co/T7aJlicO8K

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Relax now Augie
fu*king insane money for a one year loan

So the whole deal is costing them 44.5 million
Probably gets wacked off the transfer fee they agree on when or IF the team wants to keep him so all they are (technically) doing is paying his wages. It becomes a problem if you splash 45m and then you decide you don't want him anymore.

I'd love to have him in the team but do not like this 45m BS. I'd be fine with 100% of his wages and agreement to buy him, as risky as both options are.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't care about Coutinho, he's over-rated and they want him to replace Eriksen, United really are fools though, I expect they'll spend another £80M on him, he's a good player but he's 27 now and really isn't worth the money.

Just get Upemecano done and I'll be happy(ish), if we go into next season with Mustafi and Sokratis as our first choice CB's then I don't really see us improving, despite adding Pepe.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#AFC have agreed personal terms with Rugani and on their agenda a meeting with Juve to finalise a deal that could be a loan with an obligation to buy [@AlfredoPedulla]