ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:59 am
As per others, Everton £30m bid for Alex Iwobi rejected. Made to Arsenal today & knocked back. Expected to return with improved offer but likely need £40m+ to be accepted. 23yo not agitating but would go if deal agreed. #EFC interest recent & is in addition to Wilfied Zaha #CPFC
Really, tbh I thought the 25 million plus add ons for iwobi was the greatest swindle since the sex pistols rock and roll one :shock: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:58 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:50 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am
According to the Mail, Everton’s offer for Iwobi, understood to be an initial £25m with the rest made up of add-ons, has been rejected by #Arsenal. The Toffees are now expected to return with an improved bid as they attempt to land a new attacker before tomorrow’s 5pm deadline.
Now the board knows what its like for other clubs when they make ridiculous offers for their players

Conundrum of massive sorts - I desperately want shot of this lard arse c.unt, but at the same time everton's offer was derisory to say the least

Scratch that previous comment from me - take what we can get for the useless c.unt, and if they are so sure the Leipzig centre back is the answer at the back, then use that £25m to increase our bid

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:11 am
Everton have bid £30mil for Iwobi. [@talkSPORT]

Please.
Apparently, I've heard from sources inside Goodison, they want to give Walcott back as part of the deal :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I can't work out what's more insane, Everton offering 30m for Iwobi or us turning it down :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:06 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:11 am
Everton have bid £30mil for Iwobi. [@talkSPORT]

Please.
Apparently, I've heard from sources inside Goodison, they want to give Walcott back as part of the deal :shock:
Why am I not surprised!?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Everton come back with a bid of £40m I'm gonna have to laminate me undies again.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:28 pm
If Everton come back with a bid of £40m I'm gonna have to laminate me undies again.
:lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 pm
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
According to the Mail, Everton’s offer for Iwobi, understood to be an initial £25m with the rest made up of add-ons, has been rejected by #Arsenal. The Toffees are now expected to return with an improved bid as they attempt to land a new attacker before tomorrow’s 5pm deadline.
Now the board knows what its like for other clubs when they make ridiculous offers for their players

Conundrum of massive sorts - I desperately want shot of this lard arse c.unt, but at the same time everton's offer was derisory to say the least

Scratch that previous comment from me - take what we can get for the useless c.unt, and if they are so sure the Leipzig centre back is the answer at the back, then use that £25m to increase our bid
They got offered £30 million, and they turned it down :banghead:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:54 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 pm
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

They got offered £30 million, and they turned it down :banghead:
isn't that just part of the haggling that goes on?

90% of the time the club will come back with an improved offer, unless that club is Arsenal

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Why in the fucking world are we rejecting offers for players that we need to offload. Granted, I did not think Everton would actually open up to pay 40m for Iwobi but good Lord, if they give it I'll drive him to Goodison Park myself.

If we can shift both Iwobi and El Neny I am happy as I am assuming we need Mustafi for backup in case a) we don't land Rugani or b) when someone gets injured.

The prospect of the proper dead wood gone by January window is.. amazing. After the three above, the only remaining is Miki and Xhaka. I am personally okay with Granit on the bench, but nowhere in the field for cat. A and B games.

Now.. who the fuck takes Miki and his contract? Can we get Chinese clubs hooked on or maybe Arab clubs? Someone?

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Ignore // double comment :rubchin:
Last edited by Rian1 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Not in this case you take what you are offered, he is shite, give him 2 years and they will sell him the same as Wally he's done F all as well

its a gamble if they come back with an improved offer, as i say in this case you are selling a pup, grab it with both hands

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Miki, Iwobi and Mustafi are shite get shot asap.....i mean who would pay £35 million for Mustafi :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 pm
Miki, Iwobi and Mustafi are shite get shot asap.....i mean who would pay £35 million for Mustafi :rubchin:
Fuck me forgot about Elneny FFS you would have to be insane to buy that useless fucker

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mark Irwin | Arsenal not looking at Rugani and Upamecano anymore, they are exploring the possibility of a loan swoop for Barcelona centre-back Samuel Umtiti. #afc