ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If UE really does rate Iwobi then we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future :banghead:

The four players I really wanted to see gone, if not all at least two of them, were Mhiki, Iwobi, Mustafi and Xhaka and it looks like we might go into the new season with all of them :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 pm
LATEST - Mesut Ozil's agent Dr Erkut Sogut will travel to America next week to hold talks with DC United - who are looking to replace Wayne Rooney. Exploratory talks will be held over a potential Jan 2020 move

DC face competition from Inter Miami & LA Galaxy for the Arsenal star https://t.co/aFcNuak4XB
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Just watched Dick giving a SSN interview. Claiming that we can't get first choice CBs over the line and not prepared to sign 2nd raters. Still hoping to get a CB signed tomorrow. Perhaps if we paid the going rate that would help :lol:

In fairness to Dick he came over as more honest and transparent than TOF ever did. I'm still waiting for the subtitles to creep in :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 pm
L'Equipe claim David Luiz is trying to force a move to #Arsenal. https://t.co/uB5DXpqRTO

#Arsenal have made a firm offer for the Brazilian defender who absolutely wants to make the move & refused to train today as Chelsea continue to attempt to block him from moving to Arsenal.

further report that Luiz skipped training to meet with The Arsenal.

just a reminder lads - its only the DOMESTIC transfer window closing. we can still buy overseas until the 15th. not sure if that includes Scotland.

what is certain about this window is that all of Barca, Real and Juve need to raise funds, so watch those loan fees plummet as they try to free up space in the FFP - no one wants to become a Chelsea and get locked out.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Clockender are you sure about that,i was under the impression that we couldn't buy any players once the 5pm deadline tomorrow was over that includes players in other leagues, unless they are free agents,we can still sell players abroad but can't buy any.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

David Luiz is among options Arsenal working on for centre-back - delicate but not for 1st time (see 31/01/18) #AFC keen. Kieran Tierney remains a target, Eddie Nketiah still deciding but likely Leeds, Alex Iwobi will happen IF Everton make suitable offer #EFC #LUFC #CFC #CelticFC

David Ornstein BBC, this guy is normally very accurate with his info regarding Arsenal.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:34 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 pm
L'Equipe claim David Luiz is trying to force a move to #Arsenal. https://t.co/uB5DXpqRTO

#Arsenal have made a firm offer for the Brazilian defender who absolutely wants to make the move & refused to train today as Chelsea continue to attempt to block him from moving to Arsenal.

further report that Luiz skipped training to meet with The Arsenal.

just a reminder lads - its only the DOMESTIC transfer window closing. we can still buy overseas until the 15th. not sure if that includes Scotland.

what is certain about this window is that all of Barca, Real and Juve need to raise funds, so watch those loan fees plummet as they try to free up space in the FFP - no one wants to become a Chelsea and get locked out.
Pretty sure that is incorrect. Premier League clubs can't register any new transfers after 5pm tomorrow (they can register players out of contract/without a club after then). Can still sell though to markets where window is open.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:38 pm
Clockender are you sure about that,i was under the impression that we couldn't buy any players once the 5pm deadline tomorrow was over that includes players in other leagues, unless they are free agents,we can still sell players abroad but can't buy any.
after 5pm tomorrow no PL club can buy players but can still sell to foreign clubs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bit more detail emerging on Luiz
- He did not train with the Chelsea first team on Wednesday
- There have been a series of fall-outs surrounding him this week
- He has made it clear he wants to go
- Arsenal are interested

Matt Law Daily Telegraph

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:17 pm
Matt Law (covering Chelsea news) confirms David Luiz has refused to train and wants to join Arsenal

Maybe I am the only one, but I really don't see this as an upgrade :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Augie I'm an upgrade on mustafi :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:17 pm
Matt Law (covering Chelsea news) confirms David Luiz has refused to train and wants to join Arsenal

Maybe I am the only one, but I really don't see this as an upgrade :?
More to the point have we got enough perming tongs for him and doozi :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Douglas Bader is an upgrade on Mustafi!!

(Google him). :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Chelsea defender David Luiz refuses to train today after Arsenal came in for him. More @MirrorFootball

BREAKING: Chelsea defender David Luiz wants a move to Arsenal before the transfer deadline and trained away from the rest of the squad today

Sky Sports

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Standard, Chelsea have denied reports that Luiz refused to train, but Standard Sport understands that the Brazilian hopes to quit Stamford Bridge over fears about his playing time under new boss Frank Lampard. https://t.co/uW4S3Vb4tL

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm
Augie I'm an upgrade on mustafi :D

As am I, but mustafi is 3rd choice at the mo and I'm not sure luiz is a big upgrade on chambers (especially when you factor in his age and expected wage demands)
Dick has been very public about not buying players unless they are really gonna improve the team, and I'm not sure luiz ticks the boxes for me cos he feels like a panic/desperation buy if I'm honest