ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 pm
L'Equipe claim David Luiz is trying to force a move to #Arsenal. https://t.co/uB5DXpqRTO

#Arsenal have made a firm offer for the Brazilian defender who absolutely wants to make the move & refused to train today as Chelsea continue to attempt to block him from moving to Arsenal.
Holy fuck I'd have him. He is not as bad as it gets and has got a bomb of a free-kick (if we need that) and plays the ball from the bank with dinks and nice little long passes. Come through David!!

Edit:- Within reasonable wage demands and no silly shit obviously or else he can stay at Chelski.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Emery : "We tried to sign some important, expensive players for our defence. But when we can't do that, the second line players don't really convince us to sign them."

Tried isn't good enough, we've heard all that sh*t before.. not really Emery's fault though is it?, I hope people remember this and maybe the hype about signing Pepe will die down when we keep conceeding goals at the other end.

*We've had all summer and the best we can do is a last minute trolley dash for David Luiz?, Raul is just another Ivan at this point.

:roll:

Of course I reserve my right to change this opinion if we pull off a really good signing(s). :mrgreen:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So we slag Kos for downing tools to get a move and the next minute we're apparently talking to Luiz who today went on strike (did the chavs notice) to force through a move. Anyone :rubchin: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Tapped up by Edu I wonder?? :lol:

I’m not a great fan of Luiz but he’s an upgrade on Mustafi and if he keeps that tosspot away from the first team then fine. But let’s not pay 25m for a 32yo!!!

I still think the trolley dash is coming.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Whilst I'd agree Sideshow Bob is an upgrade on Mustafalaugh he's not a huge improvement. We need top defenders not average defenders.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I've long been wanting Arsenal to sign Luiz as he is a quality player. He's fantastic in a back 3 but I'd have in at DM, in place of Xhaka, as he can hit a pass better than Xhaka. At 32 he brings in a wealth of experience and is an upgrade on Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Sokratis and Chambers. (and definitely an upgrade on Koscielny).
In addition, he is a genuine leader and will help with the development of Holding, Medley, Chambers, Saliba (when he comes) and hair soul mate Guendouzi. He's a known quantity in the premier league, unlike Rugani or Umtiti.
Since he returned to chelski he has become a settled more dependable defender as he's matured. Like most brazillian defenders he's just got better with age. There are CB's who I'd prefer but they are out of price range, or not available. Maybe, he'll be able to organise our back 3/4/5 better than a younger defender, he's certainly adaptable to different defensive set ups, which is crucial. He would've spoken with Cech about the club, and despite the apathy towards him, he spoke very highly of Emery and the hard work put in last season to stabilise and turn the good ship Arsenal around.
If the club announced the signing of Tierney and Luiz tomorrow I'd be happy with that. I'm guessing they won't.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Just now on transfer centre on Sky,they are reporting the Luis deal will be 100% done tomorrow

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @skysports_sheth, both Kieren Tierney & David Luiz will become #Arsenal players tomorrow. https://t.co/G7l7Aq2thQ

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Whilst I agree he is not a top class defender , he is a winner and a big upgrade on our team not just at the back but his distribution, he could even make Xhaka redundant and also can play DM.

I agree dick is a lot more transparent in his transfer chat which is very refreshing and Centre backs are a premium these days so this may ne a good compromise and would rather have him than Rugani, Tierney is a must though.

If we get Tierney and Luiz I would say it's our best transfer window for a good while , even more so getting rid of the deadwood including Iwobi and the final plus would be if we do a deal for Ozil to leave in January.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tierney should be complete tomorrow talks ongoing, Upamecano Arsenal trying to do a deal were he comes in 12 months if can’t do it by tomorrow, Smith-Rowe may go on loan there. Few loan options for CB if Arsenal want to..

Some mush on Twitter

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Whilst i also have reservations about David Luiz he is an upgrade on Mustafi, also he can play the ball from feet unlike the other donkey who panics anytime he get the ball with players around him, again i know Luiz is prone to the odd mindfart but with him it is not every single game unlike our own donkey.

Luiz is not the answer to our problem but as a stop gap until someone better or more funds are available then he is better than nothing, but as i said with certain reservations :rubchin:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Jenks gone to Forest. I'm a bit sad about that. I really wanted him to do well. C'est la vie.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Another over the hill Chelsea reject. Have we learnt nothing after Cech? To say he is better than Mustafi is not really setting the bar that high.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 pm
Jenks gone to Forest. I'm a bit sad about that. I really wanted him to do well. C'est la vie.
He lived the dream and scored a goal for the Arsenal :barscarf:

carljenkinson
Verified
This is a message that is hard to write so I’m going to keep it short. I’m leaving Arsenal in pursuit of a new challenge and a fresh start, and ultimately to play regular football again. I can’t really put into words what it has meant to me to play for this club, but what I can say is I have truly lived my dream. This brings me to you, the proper Arsenal fans, as I have lived your dream too. It has been an up and down journey for me but I hope you all have seen how much it has meant to me and know that I have given it my all. I have played 70 games for Arsenal which if you told me I would do as a kid I would’ve laughed at you. I take many great memories and friendships from my time at this special football club, and it is a chapter in my life that I will cherish forever. I see a great future for this club under the current manager and coaching staff, and I look forward to seeing this unfold. As for now, I’ll take my seat back in the stand, as a fan, with the rest of you.

With love, Jenko

#afc
6h

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Telegraph say Everton made an offer of £25m plus £5m in add-ons for Alex Iwobi which was turned down by Arsenal who are, nevertheless, prepared to sell if an acceptable bid is made. #Arsenal have suggested a fee of £40m. https://t.co/6BLMdOCS52