ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:12 pm
The Telegraph say Everton made an offer of £25m plus £5m in add-ons for Alex Iwobi which was turned down by Arsenal who are, nevertheless, prepared to sell if an acceptable bid is made. #Arsenal have suggested a fee of £40m. https://t.co/6BLMdOCS52
Just please make this deal happen.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Kieran Tierney is on his way to Arsenal after they finally agreed a Scottish record £25million deal with Celtic as per the reliable @scotsunsport

Contd - Tierney is heading to London discuss terms and have a medical ahead of tomorrow's English transfer window shutting at 5pm. He will earn £75,000 a week. Player spotted in Edinburgh airport with agent before catching flight. Celtic have a sell on clause inserted. #afc

Sky Sports now reporting it.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: A deal worth £8million expected to be agreed between Arsenal and Chelsea for David Luiz before deadline as per Mirror. #afc

https://t.co/exLMB0Sw3g

Midz

Post by Midz »

SSN 20.43

Keiran Teirney on his way to London to sign for Arsenal.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Midz wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 pm
SSN 20.43

Is the air ambulance bringing him?

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 pm
I've long been wanting Arsenal to sign Luiz as he is a quality player. He's fantastic in a back 3 but I'd have in at DM, in place of Xhaka, as he can hit a pass better than Xhaka. At 32 he brings in a wealth of experience and is an upgrade on Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Sokratis and Chambers. (and definitely an upgrade on Koscielny).
In addition, he is a genuine leader and will help with the development of Holding, Medley, Chambers, Saliba (when he comes) and hair soul mate Guendouzi. He's a known quantity in the premier league, unlike Rugani or Umtiti.
Since he returned to chelski he has become a settled more dependable defender as he's matured. Like most brazillian defenders he's just got better with age. There are CB's who I'd prefer but they are out of price range, or not available. Maybe, he'll be able to organise our back 3/4/5 better than a younger defender, he's certainly adaptable to different defensive set ups, which is crucial. He would've spoken with Cech about the club, and despite the apathy towards him, he spoke very highly of Emery and the hard work put in last season to stabilise and turn the good ship Arsenal around.
If the club announced the signing of Tierney and Luiz tomorrow I'd be happy with that. I'm guessing they won't.
And Mustafi Elneny Ozil Mhkitaryan and Iwobi out the door it will have been a great window

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 pm
Another over the hill Chelsea reject. Have we learnt nothing after Cech? To say he is better than Mustafi is not really setting the bar that high.
Agree with this

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Delighted by the KT news - that will be such a relief to have a real LB again and for years to come :barscarf:

I'm still pretty bemused by the David Luiz news but right now I'll take him over Mustafi.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:48 pm
Midz wrote:
SSN 20.43

:coffeespit:

Hope not :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Well assuming the Tierney and Luiz deals cross the line then I’m happy with the window tbh. Pepe is a good signing, our midfield is dire and needs rebuilding almost as much as the defence. LB and CB will help. We don’t have a lot of cash and we aren’t a CL team so we are restricted. Hopefully we have some sort of a deal for Upamecano in the pipeline too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:48 pm
Midz wrote:
SSN 20.43

:lol: :lol:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Arsenal . . .
PERFECTLY BALANCED....lol....ah yes Arsenal...the JOKE Continues....jpg
Notice the Colours . . .Are

Perfectly Balanced . . . :barscarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal keen to sign Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney for years & finally have their man, subject to medical tomorrow (no formality given injuries but should be ok). Contact re-established this morning via Raul Sanllehi call to Peter Lawwell & deal swiftly concluded #AFC #CelticFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Goal say Arsenal are hopeful of securing 2 new defensive signings tomorrow. After a prolonged chase which has stretched throughout the summer, Goal can confirm the club are close to securing Tierney in a £25m deal while a shock deal for David Luiz is looking increasingly possible https://t.co/3OEoO6AhQV

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The news on Tierney looks good and I think it shows a change in our business approach. In the past, we'd have placed a silly bid, stuck to it and been laughed out of the door whilst the player then signed for another club for the fee the selling club wanted. Under the new management team, we seem to have identified exactly who we want, started the negotiations early and engaged in actual professional, meaningful discussions. We've found out what price Celtic want for the player, put some bids in and eventually reached a decent agreement for both sides. It all seems to have been done in a respectful, efficient manner and whilst it has dragged on a bit, that's how it goes these days. Hopefully, this is how we're going to be doing things from now on after the years and years of disrespectful dithering and offensive offers. I can only assume that this is how other clubs have been doing deals for years.
We've picked up a great young player in a position we've been short in for a while at what seems a reasonable price. I'm actually very impressed with this bit of news