ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Very early on in the summer Raul got his dick out for the very first time and waved it in the direction of Kieran Tierney and all you lot could do is laugh and fucking point at it, especially Augie who was like a giggling schoolgirl at the front row of a Justin Bieber concert.

Big Poppa Roddaz (which I wish to be addressed as henceforth) was the only one who appreciated that beautiful phallus swinging in the wind and had faith in Raul to bag his man.

Well Tierney’s coming baby, I hope you’re fucking proud of yourselves you hysterical bastards :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Binning Gazidis for Raul Sanllehi is my favourite transfer of the Emirates era.

I FUCKING LOVE RAUL :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Arsenal keen to sign Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney for years & finally have their man, subject to medical tomorrow (no formality given injuries but should be ok). Contact re-established this morning via Raul Sanllehi call to Peter Lawwell & deal swiftly concluded #AFC #CelticFC
Have to say , you have to take your hat off to Raul if these both come off considering what funds he had to play with, think we should try and secure Upemancano ?? for next year as well.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Read somewhere that Wenger wouldn't deal with certain agents,thats why we lost out on certain players,maybe now that he's gone that restraint isn't there anymore.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Kieran Tierney welcome to Arsenal son!

So fucking buzzing, have been waiting all summer for this, genuinely think he’s gonna be a super star for us.

Let’s get him back fully fit ASAP and get him stuck in!

Can’t ask for anymore in the transfer window, Luiz good experienced defender with winning mentality can only be an upgrade, him and holding with Sokratis and Chambers back up, I can live with that just now. Will take a few windows to proper sort out defence.

Buzzing to see what Pepe is all about too!

Genuinely excited for the season ahead for the first time in a long time.

Top 4 finish and back in champs league where we belong is the absolute bare minimum this season not even up for debate.

Roll on Sunday for our first game and one I will be attending! COYG

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 pm
Very early on in the summer Raul got his dick out for the very first time and waved it in the direction of Kieran Tierney and all you lot could do is laugh and fucking point at it, especially Augie who was like a giggling schoolgirl at the front row of a Justin Bieber concert.

Big Poppa Roddaz (which I wish to be addressed as henceforth) was the only one who appreciated that beautiful phallus swinging in the wind and had faith in Raul to bag his man.

Well Tierney’s coming baby, I hope you’re fucking proud of yourselves you hysterical bastards :barscarf:
To be perfectly honest, old boy, we've all known for years that you do appreciate a lovely bit of swinging cock.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Binning Gazidis for Raul Sanllehi is my favourite transfer of the Emirates era.

I FUCKING LOVE RAUL :barscarf:

Have to say that mislintat's transfer deals last summer really impressed me and it worried me a lot when he left, but for me raul has absolutely been outstanding this summer - to be given that paltry transfer budget and to turn it into these signings has been amazing, and has given me cautious optimism for the future.

augie

Post by augie »

scotgooner wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:01 pm

So fucking buzzing, have been waiting all summer for this, genuinely think he’s gonna be a super star for us

Can’t ask for anymore in the transfer window, Luiz good experienced defender with winning mentality can only be an upgrade, him and holding with Sokratis and Chambers back up, I can live with that just now. Will take a few windows to proper sort out defence.

Top 4 finish and back in champs league where we belong is the absolute bare minimum this season not even up for debate.

Absolutely agree - this deal is far and away the best bit of business we have done imo, and he is the type of signing that will be a star right from day one and for many years in the future (he is only 22 years old)

shu

Post by shu »

The two new defenders are better than the current ones although I would have preferred Rugani but anything is a improvement. Fingers crossed , time to stop morning , a lot of money has been spent should these two get over the line . 133 mill ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thank you Perry 8)

I’ll take Luiz all day as a stop gap for 12 months. Saliba is already in the bag for next summer and also Upamecano will be in the final year of his deal by then and will be much easier to bag (that’s if we don’t revisit in January).

Superb work by Raul this window and as I said the other day come the end of next summer’s window we will have a serious fucking outfit. We’re heading in to year 2 of a 3 year plan (which I initially thought would take 5) to rid the club of the absolute fucking stench left behind by Ivan and Wanka and we are doing a superb job thus far.

Hopefully we get to bin one or two more of the dross tomorrow and streamline the squad for the season.

Super excited for things to get underway now :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

The two new defenders are better than the current ones although I would have preferred Rugani but anything is a improvement. Fingers crossed , time to stop morning , a lot of money has been spent should these two get over the line . 133 mill ?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:46 pm
Read somewhere that Wenger wouldn't deal with certain agents,thats why we lost out on certain players,maybe now that he's gone that restraint isn't there anymore.
Agree with this , he held us back so much because of his ‘principles ‘ , it’s an exciting new era for me , ecstatic with Tierney and Luiz will help the youngsters . Now get rid of more deadwood , one more window think they will all be gone .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Fingers crossed on the Tierney front tomorrow - Could be a huge addition for us :barscarf:

Re Luiz, I’m viewing it a sort term option, replacing Kos and think we will get more out of him for 2 seasons than we would Kos.

Back in large for a centre back next year and we are looking good.

Still a few to offload - we all know the names, but all in all looking like we are going to be in a better place to challenge and achieve top 4 this season.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm
scotgooner wrote:

So fucking buzzing, have been waiting all summer for this, genuinely think he’s gonna be a super star for us

Absolutely agree - this deal is far and away the best bit of business we have done imo, and he is the type of signing that will be a star right from day one and for many years in the future (he is only 22 years old)
Augie is our new scout , called this ages ago lol

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:40 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm
scotgooner wrote:

Augie is our new scout , called this ages ago lol
Well he’s still wearing shorts and loves a bit of camping - if that’s what you mean ? :rubchin: