ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:40 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:01 pm
Kieran Tierney welcome to Arsenal son!

So fucking buzzing, have been waiting all summer for this, genuinely think he’s gonna be a super star for us

Let’s get him back fully fit ASAP and get him stuck in!

Can’t ask for anymore in the transfer window, Luiz good experienced defender with winning mentality can only be an upgrade, him and holding with Sokratis and Chambers back up, I can live with that just now. Will take a few windows to proper sort out defence.

Buzzing to see what Pepe is all about too!

Genuinely excited for the season ahead for the first time in a long time.

Top 4 finish and back in champs league where we belong is the absolute bare minimum this season not even up for debate.

Roll on Sunday for our first game and one I will be attending! COYG

Absolutely agree - this deal is far and away the best bit of business we have done imo, and he is the type of signing that will be a star right from day one and for many years in the future (he is only 22 years old)
Augie is our new scout , called this ages ago lol

I have been pushing his name on here for well over 6 months - I have been saying it to my sons even longer than that, but my eldest kept knocking it back saying that I was the only one suggesting it and nobody online is talking about it 8) I admit that there were times during the last few weeks that I didnt think it would happen, but £25m for a player of his quality and his age, would stand out as THE best piece of business in the whole transfer window (and I'm not just talking about AFC there 8) )

I said two days ago that if we got Tierney and a good centre half it will have been a brilliant transfer window and that I feel that we could grab 3rd place. I have to say though that the scum from the swamp are on course for a very good transfer window too, and if they get dybala then I would be seriously worried about them. The thing that tips things in our favour in my opinion is that the 2 defenders we are buying are accustomed to English/british style football, and the only other signing likely to start in our team is a winger so maybe not as crucial in the team - their signings look like being 2 centre midfielders (guy from lyon and le celso from betis) and Dybala would also be a central player, so their team spine would be totally new to the type of football they are gonna encounter now

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:45 pm
Whilst i also have reservations about David Luiz he is an upgrade on Mustafi, also he can play the ball from feet unlike the other donkey who panics anytime he get the ball with players around him, again i know Luiz is prone to the odd mindfart but with him it is not every single game unlike our own donkey.

Luiz is not the answer to our problem but as a stop gap until someone better or more funds are available then he is better than nothing, but as i said with certain reservations :rubchin:
Totally agree - he'll do until next year when the new french lad returns from his loan spell. As for CB I'm not so sure because he tends to make fuck up's from time to time. As a DM you can get away with a bit more that as it's not the last line of defence. He can also be a mean bastard & I like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up captain !!. Bring it on. :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Wow Arsenal not involved in a last day supermarket trolley dash.

You gotta say, assuming Tierney and Luiz confirmed this has been the best transfer window in years. Luiz has got a mistake in him, but he also can score goals and take a mean free kick from distance.

If we could ship out Iwobi today, it would mean we haven't spent much at all in comparison to the other big sides and significantly strengthened right across the team.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Not to tarnish what is a great day by bringing wanker into it but how many times did we end the window saying we are 3 or 4 players short in areas of need under him? And now we have an actual proper structure in place, we just get those players, no questions asked. Get rid of Iwobi, and it's been the best window in years(if not the best window already). On the Iwobi sale, if it gets done, could we still try to get another deal over the line?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 pm
Very early on in the summer Raul got his dick out for the very first time and waved it in the direction of Kieran Tierney and all you lot could do is laugh and fucking point at it, especially Augie who was like a giggling schoolgirl at the front row of a Justin Bieber concert.

Big Poppa Roddaz (which I wish to be addressed as henceforth) was the only one who appreciated that beautiful phallus swinging in the wind and had faith in Raul to bag his man.

Well Tierney’s coming baby, I hope you’re fucking proud of yourselves you hysterical bastards :barscarf:
Dear Big Poppa Roddaz,

You Da Man! :high5: :D

I agree what a difference Raul Sanllehi has made, he knows what he is doing whilst TOF didn't have a scooby. Not only has he gone out seeking decent players but he has been seen to be actively off-loading the Deadwood, which is very refreshing and instills hope.

I know Unai has managed David Luiz before at PSG and so knows him, but I have concerns about him being one of our new CB's. He is something of an erratic (that's Erratic Big Poppa Roddaz, Not Erotic) player, he has 'skills' and one of the best long passers of the ball in the prem, but I think he would be more suited to playing Mid-field than in the back line as he can make Big blunders and does go missing :?

Great news on Tierney, that ginger nappa day walker crunt neil lennon tried every which way to scupper the deal..so well done to Sanllehi for seeing it over the line.

Still hope we bring in Rugani or another quality CB.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

You can sell one player today, but only one...Who will it be?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Mustafi.

Tierney deal definitely done.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... and-celtic

:barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lets pray we burn a little dead wood today! Arse life reckons we’ll get rid of a midfielder and defender (not a LB).
I’d love it to be Mhiki and Mustafi!! :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 am
Mustafi.

Tierney deal definitely done.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... and-celtic

:barscarf:
Pleased we got him and at 22 hopefully be a long time at the club, reports saying won't see him in the team for a while

Overall really pleased with the transfer dealings, like to see Mustafi and Iwobi exit the club

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lets pray we burn a little dead wood today! Arse blog reckons we’ll get rid of a midfielder and defender today (not a LB).
I’d love it to be Mhiki and Mustafi!! :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Luiz??? Cech mk2!!
Can’t wait to see him alongside musthavashite!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky suggest that Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi is potentially on his way to a Ligue 1 club today.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Arsenal solve their defensive worries by buying a kid from Scotland with a hernia and a defender who who is passed it and another we wont see for a year. Add that to an Ivorian with doubtful pedigree and yet another wonder kinder. Could be interesting season!
I don't think those in charge have a scooby but are desperately rolling the dice.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 am
You can sell one player today, but only one...Who will it be?

Iwobi. No change that to mikki. No forget that and I'll say mustafi. Jesus can we not sell one and give the other 2 away ? :rubchin:

If I am being practical I would say sell the one that brings in the most money, or I could say that we should sell the one that is the highest earner to get him off wage bill

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Luiz is arguably an inferior player to Koscielny, so we are arguably worse off in that area, than last season!
This coupled with Emery’s incompetence is going to make for one calamitous season!
One however I’m quite intrigued about and looking forward to in a peverse way :D