ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Andrew

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Andrew »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:33 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 am
You can sell one player today, but only one...Who will it be?
Iwobi. No change that to mikki. No forget that and I'll say mustafi. Jesus can we not sell one and give the other 2 away ? :rubchin:

If I am being practical I would say sell the one that brings in the most money, or I could say that we should sell the one that is the highest earner to get him off wage bill
Jesus? When did we sign him? I hear he's good at saving...

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 am
Arsenal solve their defensive worries by buying a kid from Scotland with a hernia and a defender who who is passed it and another we wont see for a year. Add that to an Ivorian with doubtful pedigree and yet another wonder kinder. Could be interesting season!
I don't think those in charge have a scooby but are desperately rolling the dice.
22 not exactly a kid, just cause he is from Scotland he can’t do the job? Would you rather another foreign pussy from France or Spain who doesn’t give a fuck?

Tierney is solid , he would slide tackle his granny if needed.

So what he had a hernia, he is a young man who has suffered an unfortunate injury which he has had an operation to permanently fix and is on the mend as we speak.

See Robertson and John McGinn , both Scottish and doing a job in England, McGinn will have a great season and be wanted by a bigger team next year.

Find it so arrogant to assume a Scottish player playing in Scotland can’t do it in the premier league.

Time will tell anyway.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SlySports News reporting the Tierney and Sideshow Bob deals done.

I'm hopeful that Tierney will do well but SSB is only a slight improvement on the Koscielny prick and is just as error prone.

If we unload Comedy Fucking Two Arses today then THAT will be the best bit of business we have done.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky Sports News say David Luiz is undergoing his medical at #Arsenal. https://t.co/QmGrBHQpCk

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:40 am
Luiz is arguably an inferior player to Koscielny, so we are arguably worse off in that area, than last season!
This coupled with Emery’s incompetence is going to make for one calamitous season!
One however I’m quite intrigued about and looking forward to in a peverse way :D
Don't argree with that assessment of Luiz. He's a much better defender and all round player than koscielny, We are better off.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 am
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:33 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 am
You can sell one player today, but only one...Who will it be?
Iwobi. No change that to mikki. No forget that and I'll say mustafi. Jesus can we not sell one and give the other 2 away ? :rubchin:

If I am being practical I would say sell the one that brings in the most money, or I could say that we should sell the one that is the highest earner to get him off wage bill
Jesus? When did we sign him? I hear he's good at saving...
Yeah, good at saving Klopp the hassle of getting a domestic trophy on the plane back to liverpool

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Mirror, Everton are refusing to give up on Alex Iwobi. They have already had a £30m enquiry turned down but are set to come back to see whether #Arsenal will sell. https://t.co/2y39LlUEx3

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Oh come on Sid, Kos is/was fucking awful, Luiz is a definite improvement and not so injury prone!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 am

I'm hopeful that Tierney will do well but SSB is only a slight improvement on the Koscielny prick and is just as error prone.

If we unload Comedy Fucking Two Arses today then THAT will be the best bit of business we have done.
Going to be difficult seeing Luiz in an Arsenal shirt, hate the guy and that cant change, understand he can do a job for the team

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:02 am
According to the Mirror, Everton are refusing to give up on Alex Iwobi. They have already had a £30m enquiry turned down but are set to come back to see whether #Arsenal will sell. https://t.co/2y39LlUEx3

Concerned now that Zaha has slapped in a transfer request that everton will get him and not want iwobi :cry: :cry: :cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 am

Going to be difficult seeing Luiz in an Arsenal shirt, hate the guy and that cant change, understand he can do a job for the team

The bloke that always looks like he's running around too quickly in boots too big for him. But, he's an improvement on what we've got, seems to score a few goals for a defender and likes to get stuck in. I'll see how we go. Hopefully more and more players will be out the chavs door and fat Frank goes the same way as every other one of the Sky Sports Golden Generation manager loser luuvies.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Concerned now that Zaha has slapped in a transfer request that everton will get him and not want iwobi :cry: :cry: :cry:
we should put a bid on Zaha with iwobi included in the deal

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am
Oh come on Sid, Kos is/was fucking awful, Luiz is a definite improvement and not so injury prone!!

I'll be honest and say that I'm not sold on sideshow bob, and I would have preferred a better quality centre back, but I also accept the fact that we are operating on a very tight budget and our options were limited. He is without doubt an upgrade on kos and mustafi - not a priority I know, but he is a much better footballer. but more importantly he isn't injured as much as kos, plus he has experience on how to win and what it entails. It is a short term gig so we will take what we can get

Haters will always hate :wink: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Iwobi to Palace....simples 8)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Iwobi to Palace....simples 8)

Again that is a transfer suggestion I put forward when Napoli were linked with Zaha - problem with such a deal is that palace have not made any contact with us re lard arse, so that would entail a lot of fast negotiations and work in just a few hours