ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by NickF »

scotgooner wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 am

22 not exactly a kid, just cause he is from Scotland he can’t do the job? Would you rather another foreign pussy from France or Spain who doesn’t give a fuck?

Tierney is solid , he would slide tackle his granny if needed.

Time will tell anyway.
He has played his whole career to date in the Scottish premier league so it will definatly be a step up in quality for him. Hopefully he will be able to make the grade. But it is a gamble.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15 am
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am
Oh come on Sid, Kos is/was fucking awful, Luiz is a definite improvement and not so injury prone!!

I'll be honest and say that I'm not sold on sideshow bob, and I would have preferred a better quality centre back, but I also accept the fact that we are operating on a very tight budget and our options were limited. He is without doubt an upgrade on kos and mustafi - not a priority I know, but he is a much better footballer. but more importantly he isn't injured as much as kos, plus he has experience on how to win and what it entails. It is a short term gig so we will take what we can get

Haters will always hate :wink: :lol:
As long as he's ahead of Mustafi, I'll be happy. He's not perfect by any means but surely makes fewer mistakes than the German.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Seems like we have sold some guy by the name of Dominic Thompson for about 3m

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:12 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 am
SlySports News reporting the Tierney and Sideshow Bob deals done.

I'm hopeful that Tierney will do well but SSB is only a slight improvement on the Koscielny prick and is just as error prone.

If we unload Comedy Fucking Two Arses today then THAT will be the best bit of business we have done.
Going to be difficult seeing Luiz in an Arsenal shirt, hate the guy and that cant change, understand he can do a job for the team

The bloke that always looks like he's running around too quickly in boots too big for him. But, he's an improvement on what we've got, seems to score a few goals for a defender and likes to get stuck in. I'll see how we go. Hopefully more and more players will be out the chavs door and fat Frank goes the same way as every other one of the Sky Sports Golden Generation manager loser luuvies.
Cant see Chavs or Man Utd in top 4 this season, think we will make it

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Dybala to the scum looks like it has fallen through

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Oh come on Sid, Kos is/was fucking awful, Luiz is a definite improvement and not so injury prone!!

I'll be honest and say that I'm not sold on sideshow bob, and I would have preferred a better quality centre back, but I also accept the fact that we are operating on a very tight budget and our options were limited. He is without doubt an upgrade on kos and mustafi - not a priority I know, but he is a much better footballer. but more importantly he isn't injured as much as kos, plus he has experience on how to win and what it entails. It is a short term gig so we will take what we can get

Snide comments aside!
I would say luiz may not be as big a pussy as kos and be a better player with the ball at his feet, however he is imo undoubtedly more error prone and a less calming influence ( not that kos was a particilarly calming influence)! he falls into the “comedy out takes” category!
He is therefore not what we needed to sign and will only bring more chaos to our defence!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Could have got better but £8 million is a decent price, just seems like another Chav coming to the Arsenal to retire, yes i fucking hate Scum and chavs and don't apologise for it :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 am
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Snide comments aside!
I would say luiz may not be as big a pussy as kos and be a better player with the ball at his feet, however he is imo undoubtedly more error prone and a less calming influence ( not that kos was a particilarly calming influence)! he falls into the “comedy out takes” category!
He is therefore not what we needed to sign and will only bring more chaos to our defence!

I wasn't being snide - I thought I was having a bit of banter with you :cry: :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 am
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Snide comments aside!

I wasn't being snide - I thought I was having a bit of banter with you :cry: :cry:
Fair enough :oops:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Emotions aside, David Luiz is the better defender than out current lot and he can build a nice duo with Papa. Yeah, he might be a tad error prone but his game and passing skills from the back (where at times we try to be Man City to then get caught out) make up for it. Mustafi is the prime error prone guy and we finished just outside CL spot so what's the worst we can get with Luiz? Exactly.

As I said earlier, he may not be the best out of what we shortlisted but experience and UE style player is what we need and he has both. He can pass, take the odd freekick, a bonus when it comes to corners and good defending. For 8m we won't get Rugani, Upemecano, Kimbempe so that's as good as it gets for us.

As the above said, it is a building process and this is just a step-up to get more funds/move to CL for the upgrade to come through. I can't say I am sad unless Luiz decides to turn complete dog shit in one season. Thanks fuck we didn't go with Cahill, Good Lord I'd be pissed with that one.

And.. what the fuck is going on here: Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira, 32, has turned down two moves because he is holding out for the chance to join Arsenal. How does he remotely fit in with what we are doing?

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am

Is he the guy that came on at left full in a few pre-season games ? Jesus he was getting raped in the games I saw if it is the same guy :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that I am relieved by this news

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -juventus/

augie

Post by augie »

Have the toffee's moved on from iwobi ? This article is suggesting that if they cant get Zaha they are gonna try for psv winger :cry: :cry:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ternative/

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Is he the guy that came on at left full in a few pre-season games ? Jesus he was getting raped in the games I saw if it is the same guy :oops:
Ye he is, gone to brentford

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 am
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Ye he is, gone to brentford

the player he's replacing has replaced KT at Celtic