ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

What a transfer window this has been. :barscarf: :barscarf:

And if Mustafi leaves too it'd be the absolute icing on the cake.

augie

Post by augie »

SSN are now reporting that the transfer fee is only £28m plus add ons - 3 hours ago I would have been over the world with that deal, but now wave the possibility of a £35m deal in front of us before knocking £7m off the price, and it feels like a disappointment :oops:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

David Luiz set to earn €9m per season at #AFC should all clauses are met [ESPN Brasil]

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don’t think anybody expected that window.

Seen nothing of Pepe but clear show of ambition. Ceballos - who knows but we needed reinforcement in CM so let’s hope he isn’t another Suarez. Won’t have an idea about Saliba for a few years yet but seems sought after.

Tierney is the pick of the bunch. 25m is an absolute snip for a 22 year old full back and I have actually seen a bit of him - I rate him. What I particularly like is that this isn’t an area that Wenger would have strengthened. He’d have allowed Monreal to carry on for another two seasons. Dynamic full backs are such an important part of the game these days.

Luiz is a maverick and I’ve never liked or rated the bloke but I don’t think he’s a bad signing. The only guaranteed value / quality in CBs is buying somebody with PL experience, and Maguire at 80m? No thanks. Stop gap but hopefully a half decent one unlike Cech.

Iwobi going and his desire to ship Mustafi out are huge plusses. Only concern on that front is that the Swiss Turd still seems a central part of his plans.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal incomings:
- Pepe £72m.
- Tierney £25m.
- David Luiz £8m.
- Martinelli £6m.
Total: £111m.

Arsenal outgoings:
- Bielik £8m.
- Koscielny £5m.
- Ospina £3m.
- Asano £1m.
- Amaechi £2m.
- Bennacer £4m.
- Iwobi £40m
- Jenkinson £2m
- Thompson £3m

Total: £68m

Net spend: £43m.So pretty much spot on

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @bbcsport_david, David Luiz's signing will announced within the next hour.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 pm
According to @bbcsport_david, David Luiz's signing will announced within the next hour.
I wonder what’s gone on all day to delay it? Not like it was a last minute effort like Iwobi.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Reckon they are giving young Tierney his time in the spotlight before announcing Luis

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:34 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 pm
I wonder what’s gone on all day to delay it? Not like it was a last minute effort like Iwobi.
He's been searching for his hairdyer and brush. In truth, it's probably all to do with giving Tierney a bit of attention as he's the big name move today and he's the one the club want to show off.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:19 pm
Arsenal incomings:
- Pepe £72m.
- Tierney £25m.
- David Luiz £8m.
- Martinelli £6m.

Arsenal outgoings:
- Bielik £8m.
- Koscielny £5m.
- Ospina £3m.
- Asano £1m.
- Amaechi £2m.
- Bennacer £4m.
- Iwobi £40m
- Jenkinson £2m
- Thompson £3m

Iwobi is less than £40M apparently and we paid a loan fee for Cebalos, so more like £60M spent, then again most of Pepe's fee was not up front..

a reasonable summer I'd say, had we got a better CB in, such as Upamecano I'd say it was good but as it is I'd say it's just decent.

Annoyed that the likes of Mustafi, Miki and Elneny are still here but then again who is silly enough to take the useless c*nts?. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Luiz just been confirmed on Sky.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:19 pm
Arsenal incomings:
- Pepe £72m.
- Tierney £25m.
- David Luiz £8m.
- Martinelli £6m.

Arsenal outgoings:
- Bielik £8m.
- Koscielny £5m.
- Ospina £3m.
- Asano £1m.
- Amaechi £2m.
- Bennacer £4m.
- Iwobi £40m
- Jenkinson £2m
- Thompson £3m

Iwobi is less than £40M apparently and we paid a loan fee for Cebalos, so more like £60M spent, then again most of Pepe's fee was not up front..

a reasonable summer I'd say, had we got a better CB in, such as Upamecano I'd say it was good but as it is I'd say it's just decent.

Annoyed that the likes of Mustafi, Miki and Elneny are still here but then again who is silly enough to take the useless c*nts?. :roll:
Still time to sell them who’s going to pay mikki’s wages though

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Reckon Luiz will be one of the captains

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Still time to sell them who’s going to pay mikki’s wages though
Oh right, to overseas clubs, forgot about that but yeah who will pay them, Elneny is most likely to go as he's on 'only' around £50K a week, can't see us selling Mustafi either with Holding still coming back, possibly in January if anyone will take him.

No one will take Miki on £180K+ a week, we got mugged there, I expect he'll hang around like a bad smell until his contract expires, unless some dopey Chinese club do us a favour. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Sorry but can I tweak this a little to try and reflect actual current year spend. In terms of current cashflow we are virtually neutral and shows that we haven't had more than the £45M to play with:-

incoming:

- Pepe £72m. (pay £20M now)
- SALIBA £27M (pay say £13.5M now)
- Tierney £25m.
- David Luiz £8m.
- Martinelli £6m.
- Ceballos

Total: £111m BUT actually handing over about £73M now

outgoing:

- Bielik £8m.
- Koscielny £5m.
- Ospina £3m.
- Asano £1m.
- Amaechi £2m.
- Bennacer £4m.
- Iwobi £28M (rising to £35M)
- Jenkinson £2m
- Thompson £3m

Total: £56M - may not get all the Iwobi money upfront say 50 / 50 now and next year = £14M now so actually receiving about £42M

So a net figure of about a £30M cash spend so far and with hopefully Mustafi out (20ish :lol: ) and Elniny (8 :lol: :lol: ) then we breakeven and still could afford to spend the original £45M :shock: on a long term CB.

Don't lose sight of the real figures and the fact that the Kroenke's have added fu.ck all to this window. The twats on SSN are all shouting about our big spending but it's down to very clever deals and accounting by Raul.
Last edited by Jock Gooner on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.