ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Rian1 »

Never in this world would I have thought we’d see a PL team buy Iwobi. I mean, now that he’s gone we can talk without high emotions - the guy isn’t a bad player. As a sub for us he did quite well. Not a starter I agree and the decision making is as bad as Lukaku’s touch but overall he’s a decent player.

But fuck me have we robbed Everton. Maybe he does well over there, either way thank you and good luck. No point in cussing the lad, he’s gone now.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wont knock the lad just he was never going to be a top class player,best of luck to him

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:36 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

Apart from leadership, what does Cahill have that Luiz doesn't?

(not disagreeing, I thought Luiz was the better of the two and would've been 'meh' with Cahill arriving and not luiz)
less mistakes.

Cahill is your standard championship level clogger/donkey. he can head the ball, keep a line and put his foot in.

Luiz tries to be more of a creator and he gets caught too far up the pitch.
Cahill is also your typical one dimensional defender who only clears the ball and job done. Yes, Luiz is more flashy but UE’s style is play from the back (which he does quite well). Creativity is a bonus, not many defenders can see pin-point passes like or goof from set pieces.

Mistakes are part of being that guy who doesn’t just clear the ball and restart again. Hope he plays a fraction as good as the winning days at Chelski

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 pm
Sorry but can I tweak this a little to try and reflect actual current year spend. In terms of current cashflow we are virtually neutral and shows that we haven't had more than the £45M to play with:-

incoming:

- Pepe £72m. (pay £20M now)
- SALIBA £27M (pay say £13.5M now)
- Tierney £25m.
- David Luiz £8m.
- Martinelli £6m.
- Ceballos

Total: £111m BUT actually handing over about £73M now

outgoing:

- Bielik £8m.
- Koscielny £5m.
- Ospina £3m.
- Asano £1m.
- Amaechi £2m.
- Bennacer £4m.
- Iwobi £28M (rising to £35M)
- Jenkinson £2m
- Thompson £3m

Total: £56M - may not get all the Iwobi money upfront say 50 / 50 now and next year = £14M now so actually receiving about £42M

So a net figure of about a £30M cash spend so far and with hopefully Mustafi out (20ish :lol: ) and Elniny (8 :lol: :lol: ) then we breakeven and still could afford to spend the original £45M :shock: on a long term CB.

Don't lose sight of the real figures and the fact that the Kroenke's have added fu.ck all to this window. The twats on SSN are all shouting about our big spending but it's down to very clever deals and accounting by Raul.
Indeed , thanks fir that , there was a fee for Ceballos apparently I forgot to add as well

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I have never really liked Everton as a club but even I feel a bit bad about what we have done to them. First of all we mugged them off with 'Feo, Feo' and now we have pulled their pants down with Lard Arse. I reckon that is about £60-65m we have had off them :oops:

So this is what it feels like to be on the correct end of a robbery involving scouser's :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

So we have net spent abt £40 million ,who,d have known that .
As for doing well the juries out on that one.
Bar Iwobi and jenks we have failed to shift the shit .
Also all of the people bought are risks
Pepe is an unknown quantity,its a gamble.
Likewise Tierney and hes injured too.
Saliba isnt here
David Luiz ,a new prima donna
Callebos here for a year .
I grant you theres been actvity but it remains to be seen if it brings results.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Glad It's not just me Herd. Was beginning to feel like a right miserable old bastard. Time will tell I suppose

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🏆🇧🇷 David Luiz is the first Premier League winning centre-back at Arsenal in nine years

🔙 The last was Sol Campbell, whose final PL game in 🔴⚪️ was a 4-0 win over Fulham in 2010

🇧🇷 Luiz is the only PL winner at the club after Cech and Welbeck’s departure

#DeadlineDay #AFC https://t.co/AagJbx3PT4

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 pm
SSN Transfer Day show is absolute bullshit. They drag out every deal and repeat themselves time after time.
It's really immature.
We watch it or keep an eye on it because they do announce the news pretty quick but their reporters are only doing what we do and read the crap coming out in the various press, and then report on it like they're billy the fucking bollox.
I wish they'd just get shot of that odious twat Jim White and replace him with another nice bit of fluff. :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Tierney and Luiz, yep I'm happy with that, no...very happy with that. We've got the 5th best performing defender from last season. Given he was bettered by the 3 Liverpool lads and laporte at Man City, that is a great £8m spent and vitally only a 2 year contract which is what he had left on his Chelski deal.
Iwobi going t say kinda surprised as he was our top performing midfielder last season with 8 assists and 6 goals. Shit figures but better than anyone else in that squad, but couldn't turn down £35m. It suggests Emery sees Nelson as a better contributor to the team.
Well, Pepe and Cellabos simple have to perform to the level they've shown and we will good.
Good decision to send Nketiah on loan. Martinelli looks way ahead of Eddie.
There are still 3 weeks to move mustafi, mhki and elneny onto pastures new, which once they see where they are starting, i.e. not starting they'll want to leave. Ozil to DC United in January could be a mover, or at the very least he'll up his game to get into the starting eleven. Didn't he have more assists in pre-season than the whole of last season???

Just a question has anyone seen Cahill or Koscielny regularly make a 50 yard pass straight into the path of a striker or winger??? No didn't think so. Luiz is a better all round player and can get a defence organised. Also, gives us the option of the DM role instead of Xhaka.

Next up a new goalkeeper in January as Leno is just a bit short of the quality needed to match the other top 6 clubs, but we may get away with this season.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 pm
Bet there's an office full of clerks at Everton desperately trying every trick to fu.ck up the Iwobi deal and become the saviours of Everton.

Bast.ards :cussing:

Imagine the up and down emotions of the everton fans today -

Start the day hopeful of signing Zaha after he slapped in a transfer request 8)
Hours go buy and the Zaha story goes quiet :(
Negotiations start with manure to buy rojo :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:
Rojo deal falls through :barscarf: :barscarf:
End up signing a lard arse winger from The Arsenal :banghead: :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just dawned on me....have we only the two strikers at the club now that Welbz and Eddie are off? Who’s gonna play up top for the stiffs in the early rounds of the Europa and in the league cup? Surely not Lacca or Aubameyang every week?

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Tierney and Luiz, yep I'm happy with that, no...very happy with that. We've got the 5th best performing defender from last season. Given he was bettered by the 3 Liverpool lads and laporte at Man City, that is a great £8m spent and vitally only a 2 year contract which is what he had left on his Chelski deal.
Iwobi going t say kinda surprised as he was our top performing midfielder last season with 8 assists and 6 goals. Shit figures but better than anyone else in that squad, but couldn't turn down £35m. It suggests Emery sees Nelson as a better contributor to the team.
Well, Pepe and Cellabos simple have to perform to the level they've shown and we will good.
Good decision to send Nketiah on loan. Martinelli looks way ahead of Eddie.
There are still 3 weeks to move mustafi, mhki and elneny onto pastures new, which once they see where they are starting, i.e. not starting they'll want to leave. Ozil to DC United in January could be a mover, or at the very least he'll up his game to get into the starting eleven. Didn't he have more assists in pre-season than the whole of last season???

Just a question has anyone seen Cahill or Koscielny regularly make a 50 yard pass straight into the path of a striker or winger??? No didn't think so. Luiz is a better all round player and can get a defence organised. Also, gives us the option of the DM role instead of Xhaka.

Next up a new goalkeeper in January as Leno is just a bit short of the quality needed to match the other top 6 clubs, but we may get away with this season.

Based on what ? The last few months he saved us on many occasions and was our stand out player 8)

I'm not saying Leno is top quality yet, but I'm wondering whether you would have dismissed de gea after his first season at manure :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm
Just dawned on me....have we only the two strikers at the club now that Welbz and Eddie are off? Who’s gonna play up top for the stiffs in the early rounds of the Europa and in the league cup? Surely not Lacca or Aubameyang every week?
Yes I did wonder about this myself, I hope we have a recall option for Nketiah if required..

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm
the young land from brazil