ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:03 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:55 am
THE Most Important Transfer we can make is a new Manager...If we do that Properly and Correctly Everything Else We need, Want and Dream Of WILL Fall Into Place. :barscarf:
Oh no it won't :lol:

Aaaaah! BUT I didn't say What Place!

:wink:
No need

:throne:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie

Post by augie »

Has to be said that sending nketieh on loan to dirty leeds is not working out at all - yes he has bagged a few goals, but the amount of game time he is getting is not good enough and defeats the whole purpose of sending him on loan.
Apparently he has been very lucky not to get straight red card today for elbowing a Sheffield Wednesday player - frustration kicking in ? :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:07 pm
Has to be said that sending nketieh on loan to dirty leeds is not working out at all - yes he has bagged a few goals, but the amount of game time he is getting is not good enough and defeats the whole purpose of sending him on loan.
Apparently he has been very lucky not to get straight red card today for elbowing a Sheffield Wednesday player - frustration kicking in ? :rubchin:
it was a bad call, he nearly went to Bristol City which would have suited him (us) much better I think, he would be starting most/every game there. If we have a recall option in January we should just do it and send him somewhere where he'll play.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

On reflection we should have a transfer ban on bringing Swiss players to the club!
Xhaka, Djorou, Lichsteiner, Swiss Tony
And I vaguely recall a few duds in the early 90’s!
(tbh I quite liked Senderos but he suffered from poor coaching)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

arghhh double post

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:11 am
On reflection we should have a transfer ban on bringing Swiss players to the club!
Xhaka, Djorou, Lichsteiner, Swiss Tony
And I vaguely recall a few duds in the early 90’s!
(tbh I quite liked Senderos but he suffered from poor coaching)
This is a very good idea. The Swiss FA issued a statement backing Xhaka and confirming he will still be their captain so clearly the swiss can't be trusted. It must be something in their neutrality DNA that produces spineless useless footballers. No more.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Have been reading that William Saliba (loaned back to St Etienne) is on a wanted list by R Madrid. :roll:
Perhaps we can treble our money? :D
Reminded me of Clive Allen signing back in the day and not playing a competitive match for us.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -Rodriguez

The above link is one of many circulating at the moment regarding Auba's future. They're probably BS or contain BS whatever.

The point I'd like to draw attention to is that Aubameyang is 31 and will be fading past his best in the coming years,
Rather than invest a huge sum in trying to keep him (yes, I know he's good atm) I'd rather see them show faith in Martinelli as he's showing signs of being the future.
Don't chuck millions of pounds into an ageing striker looking for his last big pay-day. Let him go if the worst comes to it and cash in on him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:22 pm

The above link is one of many circulating at the moment regarding Auba's future. They're probably BS or contain BS whatever.

The point I'd like to draw attention to is that Aubameyang is 31 and will be fading past his best in the coming years,
Rather than invest a huge sum in trying to keep him (yes, I know he's good atm) I'd rather see them show faith in Martinelli as he's showing signs of being the future.
Don't chuck millions of pounds into an ageing striker looking for his last big pay-day. Let him go if the worst comes to it and cash in on him.
Auba isn’t going to get any better / quicker - I agree that we should cash in at the end of the season if anyone is foolish enough to offer £65m+

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:52 pm
Midz wrote:

Auba isn’t going to get any better / quicker - I agree that we should cash in at the end of the season if anyone is foolish enough to offer £65m+

Especially as we now have Martinelli in the wings waiting for his chance to be permanent. :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:07 am
StuartL wrote:
Midz wrote:

Especially as we now have Martinelli in the wings waiting for his chance to be permanent. :barscarf:
Madness selling Auba, he has at least 3 more seasons at the top in him. Martinelli if he is anywhere near successful won't make it much past his 21st Bday at the club.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:07 am
StuartL wrote:
Midz wrote:

Madness selling Auba, he has at least 3 more seasons at the top in him. Martinelli if he is anywhere near successful won't make it much past his 21st Bday at the club.
This. - What makes any of you think that Arsenal Football Club will be past normal in their head and no sell Martinelli when a big-boy offer comes from any top club. The lad is good, turning heads and he is a poacher whenever he plays. We have a knack for selling our best players, he is no different.

Selling Auba or Laca is a madness, they are both top quality, if anything, with the current state we should thank them for staying, not look to ship them elsewhere for 65m. Any of the two can make a call and have Barca, Real or Juve ready for them.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:16 pm
Have been reading that William Saliba (loaned back to St Etienne) is on a wanted list by R Madrid. :roll:
Reminded me of Clive Allen signing back in the day and not playing a competitive match for us.
Yeah let's give them the next Varane and let us have tons of money for SK's pockets, Club Level expansion and Mustafi starting on a Wednesday night :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:42 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:16 pm
Yeah let's give them the next Varane and let us have tons of money for SK's pockets, Club Level expansion and Mustafi starting on a Wednesday night :wink: :wink:
It's why we moved to the Conglomerates Lego Bowl mate. Ah good days indeed.

:suicide: