ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:43 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am
Graham re-built the club with shrewd signings from the lower leagues. Wenger took it up a level with shrewd signings from the French league, which was relatively unknown at the time.
We don't succeed with big name signings.
Fuck knows where arteta is going to get in shrewd signings from?
Although, look at the current Sheffield united squad, eight players have been with the squad since their league one days and they've adapted to the premier league quicker than our record signing.
I really think it's pointless signing new defenders. We're not going after a decent manager, what makes us believe we're going after a decent defenders?
I think we've got good defenders that just need to be organised and drilled properly in training. The easiest part of the game is defending, yet we make it look farcical. We could have Van Dijt in our back line and we'd still concede two goals a game because they are not being organised, and haven't been since 2006 when Keown was brought in as a defensive coach, which saw us reach a Champions League final that had Eboue, Senderos, Toure and Flamini as the back four. From memory Lauren and Cole were out injured for long periods of the season.
The egos need to go. Despite being the most talanted player in the squad Ozil has done fuck all under Freddie to suggest Emery was wrong to ditch him. I'd rather pay him to leave than have him lingering around the squad, and he can take Mustafi, Kolasinac and Xhaka with him.
Mate you have got to be kidding. Apart from injury prone Tierney who are these "good defenders"? That are all complete shit. No amount of training or coaching can turn a shit unimtelligent player into a good one with brains.
Holding, Chambers and Sokratis are good defenders. They need to be fit, coached and organised. Last season Holding and Sokratis were developing a good partnership.
Tbh I don't agree. Sokratis is complete shit as often as he is average to goodish and is a wrestler, a penno waiting to happen. Also he is not a leader and lowers his game to the level of the shit beside him rather than drag their game up to his level (when his level isn't gash).

Chambers is terrible. He is deeply unintelligent on the pitch most of the time. His positioning is shocking.

Holding I'll give you the jury is out on him because of injury but again he is not a leader and too often lowers his game to the level of the shit beside him.

A decent coach could improve them but only a little bit because they are that bad they can't get worse. But I don't think any of them will ever be good enough.
As a rule never challenge the law of "worse". Just when you think it cannot get any worse, the law of worse will ensure things inevitable will get worse.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Turkish newspaper 'fotoMac' claim Mesut Ozil is very close to joining Fenerbahce on loan. sporting director Damien Comolli was in London last week to conclude a deal for Ozil, with only a few minor details left to be agreed. #Arsenal https://t.co/8OA5JGzKDk

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Turkish newspaper 'fotoMac' claim Mesut Ozil is very close to joining Fenerbahce on loan. sporting director Damien Comolli was in London last week to conclude a deal for Ozil, with only a few minor details left to be agreed. #Arsenal https://t.co/8OA5JGzKDk

Good - let the Chinese remove fenerbahce from fifa 20 and restore us to fcuk back in it :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am
Graham re-built the club with shrewd signings from the lower leagues. Wenger took it up a level with shrewd signings from the French league, which was relatively unknown at the time.
We don't succeed with big name signings.
Fuck knows where arteta is going to get in shrewd signings from?
Although, look at the current Sheffield united squad, eight players have been with the squad since their league one days and they've adapted to the premier league quicker than our record signing.
I really think it's pointless signing new defenders. We're not going after a decent manager, what makes us believe we're going after a decent defenders?
I think we've got good defenders that just need to be organised and drilled properly in training. The easiest part of the game is defending, yet we make it look farcical. We could have Van Dijt in our back line and we'd still concede two goals a game because they are not being organised, and haven't been since 2006 when Keown was brought in as a defensive coach, which saw us reach a Champions League final that had Eboue, Senderos, Toure and Flamini as the back four. From memory Lauren and Cole were out injured for long periods of the season.
The egos need to go. Despite being the most talanted player in the squad Ozil has done fuck all under Freddie to suggest Emery was wrong to ditch him. I'd rather pay him to leave than have him lingering around the squad, and he can take Mustafi, Kolasinac and Xhaka with him.
Mate you have got to be kidding. Apart from injury prone Tierney who are these "good defenders"? That are all complete shit. No amount of training or coaching can turn a shit unimtelligent player into a good one with brains.
Holding, Chambers and Sokratis are good defenders. They need to be fit, coached and organised. Last season Holding and Sokratis were developing a good partnership.
Tbh I don't agree. Sokratis is complete shit as often as he is average to goodish and is a wrestler, a penno waiting to happen. Also he is not a leader and lowers his game to the level of the shit beside him rather than drag their game up to his level (when his level isn't gash).

Chambers is terrible. He is deeply unintelligent on the pitch most of the time. His positioning is shocking.

Holding I'll give you the jury is out on him because of injury but again he is not a leader and too often lowers his game to the level of the shit beside him.

A decent coach could improve them but only a little bit because they are that bad they can't get worse. But I don't think any of them will ever be good enough.
As a rule never challenge the law of "worse". Just when you think it cannot get any worse, the law of worse will ensure things inevitable will get worse.
Haha very very true Nos. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Haha very very true Nos. :lol:

Yeah! Who would have thought the USA could possibly elect a worse president after Dubya Bush !?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So I see a lot of our players are angling for a move away by leaking shit through their agents or brothers or whoever the fuck it is that they’re briefing.

Well listen up you pathetic c.unts, I don’t give a fuck whether you’re our best player or our worst or anyone in between, if you don’t want to be here get the fuck out of the club and get the fuck out now.

I wouldn’t shed a tear for any rat that wants out, get fucked :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:20 pm
So I see a lot of our players are angling for a move away by leaking shit through their agents or brothers or whoever the fuck it is that they’re briefing.

Well listen up you pathetic c.unts, I don’t give a fuck whether you’re our best player or our worst or anyone in between, if you don’t want to be here get the fuck out of the club and get the fuck out now.

I said on here about a month ago (before emery was sacked) that there were players behind the scene causing problems and that their attitude and defiance was shining through in matches, but I got lambasted for having no proof to back up that statement :roll: I accept that I had no physical evidence or witness to back up my claims, but I have 40+ years of experience of watching football, and I believe that I can recognise c.untish players showing a bad attitude :evil: All last season and even at the beginning of this season, I lauded lacazette for his attitude, work-rate and team ethic, but in the last few months his attitude has stank the place out of it - it comes to something when you see Freddie restoring xhaka and ozil to the starting team but dropping lacazette, and it makes me wonder if he is one of the main players who Freddie is rumoured to have criticised to the board :rubchin:

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I said on here about a month ago (before emery was sacked) that there were players behind the scene causing problems and that their attitude and defiance was shining through in matches, but I got lambasted for having no proof to back up that statement :roll: I accept that I had no physical evidence or witness to back up my claims, but I have 40+ years of experience of watching football, and I believe that I can recognise c.untish players showing a bad attitude :evil: All last season and even at the beginning of this season, I lauded lacazette for his attitude, work-rate and team ethic, but in the last few months his attitude has stank the place out of it - it comes to something when you see Freddie restoring xhaka and ozil to the starting team but dropping lacazette, and it makes me wonder if he is one of the main players who Freddie is rumoured to have criticised to the board :rubchin:
Do you have any evidence for that? :wink:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Paper talk is just that but any player that wants to leave is more than welcome at present Leno and Martinelli would be the only two who have really performed consistently.If this article is true and I wouldn't doubt it to be honest I won't be losing any sleep over senior players who have let us down wanting out,so be it.

A team any level apart from WC individuals and that is a handful of players is the sum of it's parts,this season outplayed by Brighton,Soton at home let alone Watford,Norwich and Sheff Utd away to name some games where the effort looked minimal to me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 53511.html

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Oh ffs augie will you pull that pity penis out of your mouth! "Lambasted"? All I recall is a particularly handsome Dublin man politely asking you if you had any evidence to back your theory. Disengage your victim visor ffs. Are you sure you are not from Liverpool? :censored:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Do you have any evidence for that? :wink:
:lol: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

This ^^ 100%. Fuck yes. This fucking twisted concept that we should be honoured to have these cùnts wear our jersey started when the Bosman cùnt singlehandedly started the rot that gave these pampered pussies all the power. These cùnts should be honoured to play for the Arsenal. If they don't wanna, then fuck them out the door.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Oh ffs augie will you pull that pity penis out of your mouth! "Lambasted"? All I recall is a particularly handsome Dublin man politely asking you if you had any evidence to back your theory. Disengage your victim visor ffs. Are you sure you are not from Liverpool? :censored:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

That got rather nasty all of a sudden at the end. It's fu.cking Christmas and you're throwing that sh.it at people :lol: You just called a fellow forum member a "Liverpudlian" :shock: .....Jesus wept, if Augie has a nuke in his back yard it's rightly coming your way pronto :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Berlin interested in Xhaka but they want a ‘financially sensible deal’.........well I reckon we can afford giving them 5m to take him off our hands!! Fingers crossed!! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:34 am
Berlin interested in Xhaka but they want a ‘financially sensible deal’.........well I reckon we can afford giving them 5m to take him off our hands!! Fingers crossed!! :barscarf:
This could be the best January ever of we mange to flush the turds down the S bend :barscarf: