ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:32 am
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:55 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:34 pm
Tbh I'm not sure keeping PEA is worth it, you could probably get two decent CBs for the money you would get and I dont want another Sanchez and Ramsey farce, if he wont sign a new contract

Sell him for £60m+ and use the money to buy dunk or a centre back like that - I don't care if it takes every penny of the auba fee to get a good centre back, but buying 1 very good one is preferable to buying 2 average to good ones
I understand where you're coming from Augie but i cant see our board countenancing the entire funds raised on one CB, not a chance..... its been like that since about 2010, we will never spend over the odds on defensive players (the boards perceived odds, not the players actual value).

Normally I would agree with that, but I do think that at this stage (with all the fans and media criticism) the penny has dropped with them, and they realise how desperate we are for a few quality defenders. Maybe paying that much on a defender like dunk wont sit well with them, but the market will set the price and it will be a case of pay it or fcuk off. Let me be clear that I am suggesting dunk because (a) he is an old school proper defender both in actions and communication and (b) he is left footed - I am not solely focused on him and if a better centre back was available that meets criteria A listed above, then I would certainly be on board with that

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Although happy with their attacking options, Arsenal are looking to strengthen in both defense and midfield in the January transfer window. [@TheAthleticUK]

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Arsenal are believed to be one of several English clubs monitoring Lille’s 21yo Brazilian CB — Gabriel Magalhaes. [@TheAthleticUK]

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Arsenal eye Atletico’s Lemar in January.

Silly season, again. :)

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/r ... uary-73865

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal January transfer targets as per ESPN:

Merih Demiral - Turkey - 21 - Centre-back - Juve

Dejan Kulusevski - Sweden - 19 - Midfielder - Parma(loan from Atlanta)

Thomas Lemar - French - 24 -Midfielder - Atletico Madrid

Antonio Zarzana - Spanish - 17 - Midfielder - Sevilla

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

le10sport EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal expect a major departure - with Lacazette or Aubameyang expected to leave either next month or in the summer. Lyon's Moussa Dembele has been made a priority by Arsenal's hierarchy, with the club willing to pay price demanded.

https://t.co/DhgTj9KqXY

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:56 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:52 am
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:55 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:34 pm
Tbh I'm not sure keeping PEA is worth it, you could probably get two decent CBs for the money you would get and I dont want another Sanchez and Ramsey farce, if he wont sign a new contract
Sell him for £60m+ and use the money to buy dunk or a centre back like that - I don't care if it takes every penny of the auba fee to get a good centre back, but buying 1 very good one is preferable to buying 2 average to good ones
There's a left footed 20 year old French centre half that's currently tearing it up at Dortmund. Dan-Axel Zagadou is his name. Apparently doing better than the Leipzig centre backs Upemecano and Konate apparently.

I think we could get him for around £50 million. Zagadou alongside Saliba would probably the most physically imposing centre back pairing in the league and would sort us and possibly France out at the back for the next ten years.
Any one of the 3 you mentioned partnered with Saliba will significantly stabilise our defence. DAZ briefly played LB/RB when Hachimi wasn't there and though he struggled he wasn't a shit show so multi-position defender is a plus.
You're right but I think a left sided centre back would be ideal.

France always churn out elite young talent but in the centre back position they've got an unprecedented amount of depth coming up next decade that's absolutely ridiculous. Clubs in the Bundesliga have caught on and all their top clubs have at least one young French centre back in their squad.

In saying that I think in Saliba we may well have the pick of the bunch if he can overcome his injury issues.
Across the whole of 2019 to date, Saliba has started 13 times in Ligue 1, with St-Etienne winning 11 of those fixtures – a win rate of 84.6%, conceding just six goals in those games – 0.46 goals per game.

St-Etienne have played 19 Ligue 1 matches in 2019 without Saliba starting, winning just five of those – meaning their win rate drops to 26.3%, conceding 28 goals at an average of 1.47 per game.

wibble

Post by wibble »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:53 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Zagadou do do, push pineapple shake a tree.
Zagadou do do,punt mustafi on a free. :-P
Pass to the left, to the right,
But never forward cos we’re sh1te...

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:02 pm
le10sport EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal expect a major departure - with Lacazette or Aubameyang expected to leave either next month or in the summer. Lyon's Moussa Dembele has been made a priority by Arsenal's hierarchy, with the club willing to pay price demanded.

https://t.co/DhgTj9KqXY

I said in the summer that dembele is a player that I right highly, but now is not the time to even consider buying a striker or attacking midfielder

Midz

Post by Midz »

wibble wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:18 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:53 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Zagadou do do, push pineapple shake a tree.
Zagadou do do,punt mustafi on a free. :-P
Pass to the left, to the right,
But never forward cos we’re sh1te...
:D

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://talksport.com/football/645700/g ... ha-berlin/

"Granit Xhaka has reportedly told his Arsenal teammates that he is leaving the club in January as Hertha Berlin prepare to make a bid for the midfielder." - talksport.

I hope this is true.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 pm

"Granit Xhaka has reportedly told his Arsenal teammates that he is leaving the club in January as Hertha Berlin prepare to make a bid for the midfielder." - talksport.

I hope this is true.
I hope he gets a football kicked in his head at least once more before he goes. The only decent thing that's happened at our place in about 5 years was him getting one in the head at West Ham the other week.

augie

Post by augie »

Don't even know if I care anymore …….

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... l-arsenal/

If arteta thinks this c.unt is good enough for our team, then how can we have any confidence that he knows how to assess players, so fcuk knows who he will want in there to replace him :roll:

Comical line from that article is how xhaka is pissed at arteta for making those comments praising him .......... not half as fcuked off as we are buddy :lol: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 pm

I hope this is true.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/a ... 84121.html

The agent of Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka has revealed that the Switzerland international has agreed terms to join Hertha Berlin in January.
Look, I will say it frankly and honestly, we are in agreement with Hertha BSC and would like to go to Berlin," Noguera told German outlet BLICK.

"We have told Arsenal's club boss Raul Sanllehi and sporting director Edu Gaspar, as well as the new coach Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal was informed about all the steps, the player and Hertha are clear. It's only about the transfer fee of the clubs."

Hertha are thought to be preparing a bid of around £21m for Xhaka, who previously played in the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Also, ElNinny off to fellow strugglers AC Milan

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Maybe arteta is saying this stuff about xhaka to get a response. Personally, given our links to rabiot looks like arteta will be reasonably pleased to move xhaka on.