ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
goonertone
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by goonertone »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.


Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48400
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.


Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28994
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.


Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!

I don't know about that, I can't see any legs in that picture! :?

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6566
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.


Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!
:lol: :lol:

goonertone
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by goonertone »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am
goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCxRrB6Ss

Arteta Interview.


Note the word "Yet" When he asked if there is any Transfer news...I have nothing to tell you "Yet".

:rubchin:
Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!

I don't know about that, I can't see any legs in that picture! :?
I think they were an optional extra and we didn't have the money!

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4276
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28994
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:
That's a tad "Short Sighted" mate :D :wink: :wink:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28994
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertone wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am
goonertone wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm


Kim Kallstrom incoming :barscarf:
Yup! Here he is.


Image
He's looking fitter than when we signed him!

I don't know about that, I can't see any legs in that picture! :?
I think they were an optional extra and we didn't have the money!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we could have done a deal to Loan the legs? :? :D

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26136
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:



Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 13319
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa. Player is out of contract in six months time but Arsenal hope he can be secured now without a fee.

With @David_Ornstein for @TheAthleticUK.

https://t.co/2BxDTshIho

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6266
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Herd »

I think its a simple case of if we want players in we have to sell first ,the budgets been spent for this season !
Getting players on a free doesn't always work out because you overpay them and they aren't always that good making them hard to move on !
Buying Tierney for cash hasn't worked out so far as he is injury plagued ,Bellerin hasn't recovered so with all the other areas it makes sense to cash in on a forward !
Whilst I love him it makes Aubemayang the more obvious choice

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12646
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:



Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo
Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26136
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:



Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo
Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.



This month ??

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12646
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:



Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo
Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.



This month ??
No. Don't think we'll see any departures this month (except Mustafi if we bag a center back.....please please please let that happen). I'm talking about during the summer and he will have no shortage of suitors either. it will be the last big contract of his career and he'll want to play with a club serious about winning big prizes which ain't us sadly. Could easily see him at Madrid next season and I just hope we take bags of cash for him and not some part exchange deal involving Cabellos.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48400
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:02 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I'm slightly suspicious that Eddie not going out on loan means that one of our strikers may be on their way out the door :rubchin:



Laca is so far off form that it defies belief - I believe that a laca that is 100% committed to the cause is a big, big player for us, but I'm not sure that is still the case. It is for that reason I would be comfortable selling him, but only in a straight cash deal - I don't want any bu.llshit swap deal with lemar cos (a) we don't need a winger (b) lemar is distinctly average anyway and (c) we need the money to go buy a quality centre back.
I wouldn't be shocked if we allowed lacazette to go this month, but being honest I don't expect it to happen. I think nketieh will by and large be used only for cup games (whether that is enough reason to keep him is another matter), but I just hope that martinelli isn't the one that gets squeezed by nketieh's return cos martinelli has been the stand out player this season imo
Auba will be in the last year of his contract come the summer and is showing zero inclination of extending so he's the one that's off.



This month ??
No. Don't think we'll see any departures this month (except Mustafi if we bag a center back.....please please please let that happen). I'm talking about during the summer and he will have no shortage of suitors either. it will be the last big contract of his career and he'll want to play with a club serious about winning big prizes which ain't us sadly. Could easily see him at Madrid next season and I just hope we take bags of cash for him and not some part exchange deal involving Cabellos.
You know what will happen there rodders.... :roll:

Post Reply