ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

One Bellerin goal and the need for a proper RB has no doubt dropped right off the agenda again, so look forward to more calamitous performances from AMN there for 40 games when Bellerin isn't fit

Centre half, right back, creative midfielder. Nothing else matters, unless of course a mainstay player in any other position is sold. Arteta clearly doesn't rate Ceballos but he and Ozil are the only creatives and both inconsistent, so if he lets either go we are down to the bones in that area

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Ceballos moaning (via his agent) about not getting enough game time, Arteta has said something along the lines of … If he wants his place he must fight for it...

Valencia have reportedly (5Live) approached Arsenal & R.Madrid to take him on loan.

Get Rid I Say.
I had high hopes for him, but he offers very little in reality.
We have no creativity in central midfield, relying on the wingers and overlapping fullbacks makes us very 1 dimensional in my book.

A bit like the victims then :rubchin: I don't think there is a midfield 3 anywhere in the world as devoid of creativity as those murdering scouse b.astards :evil:
You don't rate Jordan Henderson??!! :shock:

:lol: :wink:
Is that the ugly cuntt who looks like Teen Wolf ? :D

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:35 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 pm
ESPN Brasil say #Arsenal have made an offer for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari. https://t.co/unPQDCWOeL
Sources in Brazil are saying he's already on his way to London. He was a Man City player at one stage so Arteta must know something about him.

phpBB [video]

You can go on youtube and find clips on nearly every pro player in the world that will make them look like a cross between messi, pele and maldini, but I have never seen a "best of" clip make anyone look really ordinary as much as that clip does :shock: :shock: Honestly if that is his highlights, then he cant be much good

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
ESPN Brasil say #Arsenal have made an offer for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari. https://t.co/unPQDCWOeL
Sources in Brazil are saying he's already on his way to London. He was a Man City player at one stage so Arteta must know something about him.

phpBB [video]

You can go on youtube and find clips on nearly every pro player in the world that will make them look like a cross between messi, pele and maldini, but I have never seen a "best of" clip make anyone look really ordinary as much as that clip does :shock: :shock: Honestly if that is his highlights, then he cant be much good
On 5 Live (about 4am - Damninsonia :cry: ) Tim Vickery the Football Journo/Pundit who has a very good knowledge of the South American teams & players - Especially Brazil & Argentina and he rates him and cited him as the (defensive) reason Flamengo played well against the scousefilth in the worldclub competition:

Good strong CB (6' 2")
Not the fastest but has decent pace
Very good foot work
Good in the air
Strong and takes no prisoners
Would make a good Captain.

:|

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

New details regarding Pablo Mari’s deal have emerged. It will be an £8m loan with an option to make the move permanent in summer, multiple UK outlets are now reporting.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If he doesn't look good on a YouTube video then we shouldn't sign him.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Sky sports reporting that he has arrived for his medical.

Can’t say I know anything about him but if it stops Mustafi playing it has to be this news. Surely

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:03 pm

You know that isn't what I am saying - personally, and I have said this previously, I would sell one of our players to fund the purchase of dunk or ake or a TOP European centre back. I find it hypocritical that fans who have constantly slated the club for allowing players to run down their contracts until they have just a year left, and who have demanded that it not happen again, have now completely changed their stance and don't want auba sold under any circumstances - I get why fans feel that way cos his goals have been key for us, but selling him for top dollar now to allow us invest in defenders, makes more sense than keeping him until the summer when we might only receive half that amount. Top 4 for this season is gone, and qualifying for Europa league is gonna be a battle, but lets be honest and admit that we also wont get relegated, so why it is so crucial that we keep auba for the next 5 months ? Keep him if you believe that he will help us get top 4, but otherwise I would sell to reinvest

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augster, the reason for keeping Auba until the summer is simple - while top 4 is long gone we still have one final shot at Champions league qualification through the Europa and the club are going to go balls deep to get it.

As we near the season’s end I can see us playing the stiffs in the league the weekend before a Europa quarter/semi and if we are to have any chance of going all the way this year then Auba has to be kept.

Qualifying for the CL will be worth 100m to us and may even convince Auba to extend.

Midz

Post by Midz »

wibble wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Sky sports reporting that he has arrived for his medical.

Can’t say I know anything about him but if it stops Mustafi playing it has to be this news. Surely
Same here, and if it stops us signing the likes of Boateng then it has to be a good thing too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

There have been plenty who appear to look good on YT and turn out to be shyte...But obviously you know better than Tim Vickery. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Saw a video of him and Edu arriving at Heathrow. Deal done.

The best thing about this transfer is if it results in Mustafi fucking off.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Every foreign football ‘expert’ engaged by the BBC etc always gives a positive view of any player they’re asked about because it makes them seem relevant and knowledgable.

I heard Talksport interview a Japanese football expert about this bloke Liverpool have signed, who unsurprisingly said he was very highly-rated. What is he going to say, that he’s pretty garbage?

This guy is a completely unknown quantity and this is a chance for him to prove himself.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

phpBB [video]

Highlights of a CB are never particularly great regardless of how good they are.

Here's his highlights against Liverpool when Flamengo played them in the Club World Cup final recently.

phpBB [video]

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

There have been plenty who appear to look good on YT and turn out to be shyte...But obviously you know better than Tim Vickery. :roll:

Think you will find that mc was being sarcastic onebard