ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal want to activate Thomas Partey's €50m release clause this summer. Arsenal are very serious about getting a deal done and they have already approached the player's agent to start negotiations. (@libertaddigital) https://t.co/9FY1Zb8V6a

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Arsenal want to activate Thomas Partey's €50m release clause this summer. Arsenal are very serious about getting a deal done and they have already approached the player's agent to start negotiations. (@libertaddigital) https://t.co/9FY1Zb8V6a

He is utter, utter dogshit - one of the worst, most brainless defensive midfielders in europe :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:51 pm
How about Danny Ings to replace Lacazette in the summer?

He's a quality striker that has got over his injury problems. He'll probably end up at Leicester to replace Vardy but I'd like to see him as an option.
Not for me mate. He's had one and a half decent seasons as a striker in a 10 year career. At 27 he has the conversion rate of a 20 year old starting out in the game. The horse has bolted for him at the top level.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

He is utter, utter dogshit - one of the worst, most brainless defensive midfielders in europe :oops: :oops:
Are we talking Xhakatard-Lite or Xhakatard Double Down Stupidity here? :lol:

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Nos89 wrote:

He's a quality striker that has got over his injury problems. He'll probably end up at Leicester to replace Vardy but I'd like to see him as an option.
Oh dear. :shock: :oops:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Not for me mate. He's had one and a half decent seasons as a striker in a 10 year career. At 27 he has the conversion rate of a 20 year old starting out in the game. The horse has bolted for him at the top level.
I'll keep Laca any day of the week over Ings.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

I don't really follow foreign football these days, but I remember he was absolutely different class in the games against us in the semi final a couple of years ago, so not sure what has happened to him since then? I remember it well because I often don't take much notice of the oppo and made a point of asking my lad who he was as I thought he was brilliant in those games. We still need options in that part of the field but if he's shite we don't have €50m to waste......unlike at Arteta's previous lot

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Mirror, #Arsenal are ready to try & relaunch contract negotiations with Aubameyang. There is a growing feeling now that Aubameyang can see the club is moving upwards under Mikel Arteta & they may yet be able to convince him to stay. https://t.co/aVq5rbtawC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are keeping tabs on 24 y/o Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch. [@SPORTBILD]

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Arsenal Make a Loss for the First Time Since 2002 as Champions League Absence Bites

https://www.90min.com/posts/6566597-ars ... ence-bites

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Barcelona are keeping a close eye on Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, who is out of contract at the end of next season. (Sunday Express)

Arsenal are ready to pay a £42m release clause for the summer transfer of Atletico Madrid's Ghanaian midfielder Thomas Partey, 26. (The Mirror)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we sell Auba its blatantly obvious most of our funds will go on a replacement

To be honest its all completely academic until we sign a proper RB and a strong centre half to play alongside Saliba.

Said it since before this season and so it was proved for the umpteenth time against Olympiacos.

Getting Partey is fine, but if its the Ballerina at right back and the rag bag collection of centre halves we have now then we'll never finish above mid table anyway

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:52 am
Arsenal are keeping tabs on 24 y/o Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch. [@SPORTBILD]
I swear you are making up some of these names mac! :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:36 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:52 am
I swear you are making up some of these names mac! :D :wink:

Who, moi :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are watching Gent striker Jonathan David closely and have been all season. Club are putting together a list of potential replacements for Aubameyang (if he leaves) and David is high up on that list.

Full story

https://t.co/CGFT24Svls