ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm
As things stand, there is a ‘good chance’ that Guendouzi leaves the club this summer. #AFC are offering him to clubs in swap deals, in exchange for players they want to sign [info: @David_Ornstein, via @theconv3rsation]
Depending on who the players are, I can't say I'm that bothered. The boy clearly has an attitude problem and he's doing something behind the scenes which seems to be pissing off everybody at the club. He hasn't got the maturity or intelligence to take his game forward and to be honest, he'll probably be just as happy as he is now, sitting in PSG reserves or on the bench at somewhere like Roma.

Everybody or arteta ? Nothing has come out saying that people want him gone, other than arteta who is trying to force him out the door. He seems to still be popular with his team-mates, so it doesnt look like they want him gone either.
I get the feeling that he's done something to piss off the coaching staff. Just pure speculation, which is what we love on here, but I wonder whether the coaching staff have been giving him instructions to do something and he just doesn't do it in matches. He goes wandering too much and I just have a inclination that they've had enough of him.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm
As things stand, there is a ‘good chance’ that Guendouzi leaves the club this summer. #AFC are offering him to clubs in swap deals, in exchange for players they want to sign [info: @David_Ornstein, via @theconv3rsation]
Depending on who the players are, I can't say I'm that bothered. The boy clearly has an attitude problem and he's doing something behind the scenes which seems to be pissing off everybody at the club. He hasn't got the maturity or intelligence to take his game forward and to be honest, he'll probably be just as happy as he is now, sitting in PSG reserves or on the bench at somewhere like Roma.

Everybody or arteta ? Nothing has come out saying that people want him gone, other than arteta who is trying to force him out the door. He seems to still be popular with his team-mates, so it doesnt look like they want him gone either.
I get the feeling that he's done something to piss off the coaching staff. Just pure speculation, which is what we love on here, but I wonder whether the coaching staff have been giving him instructions to do something and he just doesn't do it in matches. He goes wandering too much and I just have a inclination that they've had enough of him.
I seem to remember there was rumours of him causing trouble during the Winter training camp in Dubai too so maybe it is a long running thing, all speculation but if he is troublesome for the coach then he should get rid, we criticised Emery for not getting rid of troublesome players so the same applies here.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'd be just as happy with him sitting on the bench anywhere but at Arsenal.

augie

Post by augie »

There are a few things that emery can be rightly slated for, but not getting rid of the troublemakers is not one of them - he had already got some of them out the door (albeit some on loan), and had frozen out mustafi until injuries had hit us, and xhaka would have been dispatched to germany in january had emery been left in charge. Ozil is a different story cos we aint getting rid of that c.unt until his contract runs out :roll: Of course it was those very same troublemakers who eventually forced emery out the door - his own mistakes didnt help, but he was certainly undermined in the dressing room.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:45 pm
There are a few things that emery can be rightly slated for, but not getting rid of the troublemakers is not one of them - he had already got some of them out the door (albeit some on loan), and had frozen out mustafi until injuries had hit us, and xhaka would have been dispatched to germany in january had emery been left in charge. Ozil is a different story cos we aint getting rid of that c.unt until his contract runs out :roll: Of course it was those very same troublemakers who eventually forced emery out the door - his own mistakes didnt help, but he was certainly undermined in the dressing room.
Sorry augs buddy but that is horseshit.

Dick's appalling management is what got him sacked. he made more stupid mistakes in that last year than Wenger did in an average 2 years - and I liked Emery and wanted him to succeed.

He hadn't a Scooby and his English was fucking atrocious. How can you coach players when they cannot understand a word you are saying ffs?

We should have kept him because he nearly got rid of Xhakatard and nearly got rid of Mustafalaugh (but didn't actually get rid of either) and all the while we should have ignored him fucking away a piss easy run to a CL spot and getting humiliated in a cup final while rewarding the worst keeper in the league with a start against the club he was joining as a coach a few days later?! :shock:

What the actual fuck? :lol:

Are you on crack augs? :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:41 pm
augie wrote:

Dick's appalling management is what got him sacked. he made more stupid mistakes in that last year than Wenger did in an average 2 years - and I liked Emery and wanted him to succeed.

He hadn't a Scooby and his English was fucking atrocious. How can you coach players when they cannot understand a word you are saying ffs?

We should have kept him because he nearly got rid of Xhakatard and nearly got rid of Mustafalaugh (but didn't actually get rid of either) and all the while we should have ignored him fucking away a piss easy run to a CL spot and getting humiliated in a cup final while rewarding the worst keeper in the league with a start against the club he was joining as a coach a few days later?! :shock:

:roll: “ His English was fucking atrocious “

This coming from a guy who thinks Scrooby is a legitimate word :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

A really good centre back in my opinion

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I heard it was Ketamine! :shock:

:D :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

What the fucksa "Scrooby" ?? :?

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

https://mobile.twitter.com/oscarmallett ... 68321?s=12

He might be just trolling but apparently the club have tried to remove it.

Might be all shite

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

:roll:

Huh? WTAF are you on about? :roll:

:lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Arteta impresses me more with each passing day :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -contract/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... enal-deal/

:roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Haha yeah you gotta laugh at Mustafi getting a new contract but I do sympathise with Arteta because he can’t get rid of all of them this summer... especially if he wants to play a back 3!

Sokratis and kolasinac, for me, should be first out the door and Mari & Chambers are injured Long term.

That leaves Luiz, saliba (19yrs old?), Holding and Mustafi.

Even if we sign a new centre back, that still probably leaves Mustafi as a first team regular next season 😝

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @TheNorthernEcho, #Arsenal are ready to test Newcastle's resolve to hold on to Allan Saint-Maximin – if the Premier League blocks Mike Ashley’s ongoing attempts to sell the club to Amanda Staveley’s Saudi Arabia-backed consortium. https://t.co/ezrqkRPaBR

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:13 am
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Arteta impresses me more with each passing day :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -contract/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... enal-deal/

:roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Haha yeah you gotta laugh at Mustafi getting a new contract but I do sympathise with Arteta because he can’t get rid of all of them this summer... especially if he wants to play a back 3!

Sokratis and kolasinac, for me, should be first out the door and Mari & Chambers are injured Long term.

That leaves Luiz, saliba (19yrs old?), Holding and Mustafi.

Even if we sign a new centre back, that still probably leaves Mustafi as a first team regular next season 😝

If holding isnt good enough to get in ahead of mustafi and kolasniac, then he isnt good enough to play for The Arsenal - of course we can absolutely argue that his non selection (ahead of those 2) is an example of arteta's incompetence, but the manager isnt going anywhere anytime soon, so if I'm holding I am looking to leave