ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:50 am
According to @TheNorthernEcho, #Arsenal are ready to test Newcastle's resolve to hold on to Allan Saint-Maximin – if the Premier League blocks Mike Ashley’s ongoing attempts to sell the club to Amanda Staveley’s Saudi Arabia-backed consortium. https://t.co/ezrqkRPaBR

The french equivalent of the traore guy at wolves albeit with a much lower price tag - strong, athletic, and capable of some great things, but more often than not would frustrate the shit out of everyone when his only trick doesnt work :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Augie you do know these are rumours, not everything in the back pages is true :D

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 pm
Augie you do know these are rumours, not everything in the back pages is true :D

Indeed I do - bullshit links like that dont bother me, but when we get linked to players way, way outside our price range (2 pks crisps and a bar of chocolate :roll: ), it does my fcuking head in cos of the stupidity of it all. These same rags continually take the piss about the lack of money we have to spend, and then further down the page they will link us to koulabaly or some top player like him :roll:

McD, I am still at the same place I was when emery took over, in that I am more interested in who we ship out than I am about incoming signings - we can never get back to where we want to be until we rid the club of cancers like ozil and xhaka, and to a lesser degree mustafi and luiz. I am willing to stick by a manager that gets shot of the aforementioned players even if we regress in the short term, cos it shows a plan and a recognition that those players will always hold back our revival

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Holding will probably be sold, he is the only CB who can command a reasonable transfer fee and as compared to the rest of the dross.

Socratis and Mavropanos (remember him?) will be sold as well if we can find a buyer.

I wonder when Mustafi's contract runs out. While I am not averse to keeping him next year, it will be suicidal to offer him any kind bof extension.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Holding will probably be sold, he is the only CB who can command a reasonable transfer fee and as compared to the rest of the dross.

Socratis and Mavropanos (remember him?) will be sold as well if we can find a buyer.

I wonder when Mustafi's contract runs out. While I am not averse to keeping him next year, it will be suicidal to offer him any kind bof extension.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/06/arsenal- ... -12950102/

I do hope this is a BS rumour as Mustafi is and always will be a poor defender.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

L'Equipe report Saint-Etienne & #Arsenal are back in discussions to allow William Saliba to play in the Coupe de France final against PSG on 24th July. The negotiations are on very good track. https://t.co/0fLNL8s9cS

Saint-Etienne have agreed to forego the €2.5m bonus they were due to receive if Saliba played 17 games this season. Talks are set to conclude positively & the player is set to return to Saint-Etienne by Friday.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 pm
L'Equipe report Saint-Etienne & #Arsenal are back in discussions to allow William Saliba to play in the Coupe de France final against PSG on 24th July. The negotiations are on very good track. https://t.co/0fLNL8s9cS

Saint-Etienne have agreed to forego the €2.5m bonus they were due to receive if Saliba played 17 games this season. Talks are set to conclude positively & the player is set to return to Saint-Etienne by Friday.
Ffs this has an injury written all over it

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Some team we have doing the deals eh :oops: we buy him last summer then loan him back..and get this.. :shock: if he plays 17 games we have to pay them 2.5 mill :shock: :oops: ffs no wonder we are fucked with these fannyholes doing the negotiations :lol: :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Some team we have doing the deals eh :oops: we buy him last summer then loan him back..and get this.. :shock: if he plays 17 games we have to pay them 2.5 mill :shock: :oops: ffs no wonder we are fucked with these fannyholes doing the negotiations :lol: :oops:

St Etienne are foregoing the 2.5m Falkirk

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:54 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

St Etienne are foregoing the 2.5m Falkirk

Maybe so, but I think that the point falkirk is making, is that it is ridiculous that we had to pay extra for his appearances anyway - prior to his signing all the media talk is that saliba wouldnt be sold to any club unless they allowed him to stay on loan for the 1920 season, so if they wanted him to stay, why are we paying them extra for doing them a favour ?? :? :? If you brought in a total outsider, someone with no real knowledge of football, and asked them to interpret this deal, they would more than likely come to the conclusion that AFC wanted him to stay on loan at st etienne and are then paying them extra for helping us out - the details are absolutely ridiculous and worse than any deal (except ozil's) gazidas and wenker sanctioned

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@David_Ornstein: "Arsenal are NOT interested in Allan Saint-Maximin, he's not a target that they are pursuing. Again, I don't know if he was somewhere on their list, but that is one I think we can scotch off."

Just for you Augie

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:31 am
.@David_Ornstein: "Arsenal are NOT interested in Allan Saint-Maximin, he's not a target that they are pursuing. Again, I don't know if he was somewhere on their list, but that is one I think we can scotch off."

Just for you Augie

As I said to you yesterday, buy no-one but sell mustafi, xhaka and kolasniac and shoot ozil, and it would be a great transfer window imo 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Aubameyang's brother giving out about him being played on the wing.

Can't say I disagree with him
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 am
Aubameyang's brother giving out about him bro played on the wing.

Can't say I disagree with him
What's his brother like at playing centre-back? I'm willing to consider anyone at the moment.