ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

If the price is around the £50m mark we will have no chance of signing this guy - pity

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-godfrey/

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am
If the price is around the £50m mark we will have no chance of signing this guy - pity

Throw holding and that young Greek fella into the deal

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @FabrizioRomano, Matteo Guendouzi has been offered to many clubs by #Arsenal including Barcelona & Atletico. https://t.co/YoDg7NEO2V

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 am
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am

Throw holding and that young Greek fella into the deal

Trouble is, if we throw those two in, Norwich will want 6o million.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:37 am
According to @FabrizioRomano, Matteo Guendouzi has been offered to many clubs by #Arsenal including Barcelona & Atletico. https://t.co/YoDg7NEO2V
I know that I banged on about this yesterday, but it's a real shame. Obviously I've no idea whether he has an attitude problem or not, but for me he's the pick of our centre mid players....including Torreira, who we seem to have transformed into half the player he was when he arrived.

I have a strong suspicion that we'll all be watching long faced in two or three years time, as Guendouzi picks up trophies while performing well for a decent side. We'll see.

For what it's worth, I think we may well lose Torreira too and will see him also go on to better things.

:(

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

What does it say IF we are offering him to clubs like barca and ath madrid ? Clubs who are fcuking miles ahead of us. Teams that are so good that auba is the ONLY PLAYER we have that would make their first 11. What would it say if clubs of that ilk are interested in guendouzi and we are just fcuking him out like he aint shit. For years we have had players that we held onto cos the tide wouldnt take the useless c.unts from us, and now that we have a good young player on our hands, we are prepared to sell him to make good teams even better :roll:

The stories linking guendouzi with the big european clubs have been doing the rounds for days, and it is a rumour that several media outlets are running with - it isnt a big reach to believe that the guy is done with us so now it is a case of who we sell him to and how much we get for him. What I will say is that excluding a player from the squad altogether tells the world that we dont want him near us, and that will probably greatly reduce our ability to negotiate a good price for him

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

What does it say IF we are offering him to clubs like barca and ath madrid ? Clubs who are fcuking miles ahead of us. Teams that are so good that auba is the ONLY PLAYER we have that would make their first 11. What would it say if clubs of that ilk are interested in guendouzi and we are just fcuking him out like he aint shit. For years we have had players that we held onto cos the tide wouldnt take the useless c.unts from us, and now that we have a good young player on our hands, we are prepared to sell him to make good teams even better :roll:

The stories linking guendouzi with the big european clubs have been doing the rounds for days, and it is a rumour that several media outlets are running with - it isnt a big reach to believe that the guy is done with us so now it is a case of who we sell him to and how much we get for him. What I will say is that excluding a player from the squad altogether tells the world that we dont want him near us, and that will probably greatly reduce our ability to negotiate a good price for him

^^^ All this. It makes perfect sense.

I'd also add that it might explain the "attitude" problems. Why stay at a club that's going nowhere (except backwards), if top sides are interested in you? Caught in the middle of a contract? Never mind, ruffle some feathers, make yourself unpopular and Bob's your uncle, they're keen to move you on.

Only one loser loser in this and it ain't Guendouzi, or the club that will sign him. As Augie says, the interest is from teams who are light years in front of us.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
I know that I banged on about this yesterday, but it's a real shame. Obviously I've no idea whether he has an attitude problem or not, but for me he's the pick of our centre mid players....including Torreira, who we seem to have transformed into half the player he was when he arrived.

I have a strong suspicion that we'll all be watching long faced in two or three years time, as Guendouzi picks up trophies while performing well for a decent side. We'll see.

For what it's worth, I think we may well lose Torreira too and will see him also go on to better things.

Make no mistake, I think that the vast majority of fans have no idea what is coming down the tracks in the next transfer window - a lot of fans are sitting contently at the mo and backing arteta saying that he needs a couple of transfer windows to make this team his own. In the next transfer window we will absolutely sell guendouzi and torreira and lacazette and possibly holding, whilst keeping xhaka, mustafi, willock and possibly kolasniac - how will that squad look to the fans then ? There isnt a player in the world that we could sign (and I am including messi, ronaldo and aguero in that) that could compensate for the above business that I believe will happen. Arteta will be a happen man though cos he will have offloaded two talented centre midfielders and bought partey and will expect partey to make the utter shit that is xhaka :roll: It will be interesting to see if arteta will still have their support when his policy of keeping the agreeable shit like xhaka continues to kick us in the bollox as we continue to drift along with fans debating if we are still an elite club or not :roll: :oops: :oops:

Selling Torreira and Guendouzi whilst keeping at least 2 of xhaka and mustafi and willock and kolasniac will be totally unacceptable to me - prioritising politeness over ability is b.ullshit :cussing: :cussing:
Last edited by augie on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Make no mistake, I think that the vast majority of fans have no idea what is coming down the tracks in the next transfer window - a lot of fans are sitting contently at the mo and backing arteta saying that he needs a couple of transfer windows to make this team his own. In the next transfer window we will absolutely sell guendouzi and torreira and lacazette and possibly holding, whilst keeping xhaka, mustafi, willock and possibly kolasniac - how will that squad look to the fans then ? There isnt a player in the world that we could sign (and I am including messi, ronaldo and aguero in that) that could compensate for the above business that I believe will happen. Arteta will be a happen man though cos he will have offloaded two talented centre midfielders and bought partey and will expect partey to make the utter shit that is xhaka :roll: It will be interesting to see if arteta will still have their support when his policy of keeping the agreeable shit like xhaka continues to kick us in the bollox as we continue to drift along with fans debating if we are still an elite club or not :roll: :oops: :oops:

Selling Torreira and Guendouzi whilst keeping at least 2 of xhaka and mustafi and willock and kolasniac will be totally unacceptable to me

Bang on again.

augie

Post by augie »

and here comes club "legend" martin keown to offer his opinion :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12073767 ... -transfer/

This is a guy who fell out with GG and left the club when he was 20 years old (same age is guendouzi).
A guy whose behaviour on the pitch against the horsefaced c.unt was every bit as bad (or worse) than guendouzi's was against brighton.
A guy whose own ability made him a back up to stevie bould and sol campbell for most of his time at AFC

I loved keown's actions that day in old trafford, but lets be honest here and admit that incident is what he is remembered for in 15 years at the club. For most oldies he wouldnt be considered better than bould was, and he was a guy that swore by wengers failed methods.
All of this makes me wonder what would have happened if arteta was manager that day in old trafford :rubchin: Or what would he have done with cesc after he threw the pizza at ferguscum ? :rubchin: :rubchin: Or if he was manager the day that we got into a brawl with manure that saw us docked 2pts or the day of the melee with norwich in front of the north bank.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Didn't we sell Song to Barcelona. :D

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 pm

One of life's biggest and unexplainable mysteries even to this day :lol: :lol: :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

we shouldnt revise Keowns ability. he was a fantastic defender in his latter years, pace, technique power. Yes he was back up at times, but we shouldnt take away from hi talent just because we disagree with his attitude post playing career.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:25 pm
and here comes club "legend" martin keown to offer his opinion :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12073767 ... -transfer/

This is a guy who fell out with GG and left the club when he was 20 years old (same age is guendouzi).
A guy whose behaviour on the pitch against the horsefaced c.unt was every bit as bad (or worse) than guendouzi's was against brighton.
A guy whose own ability made him a back up to stevie bould and sol campbell for most of his time at AFC

I loved keown's actions that day in old trafford, but lets be honest here and admit that incident is what he is remembered for in 15 years at the club. For most oldies he wouldnt be considered better than bould was, and he was a guy that swore by wengers failed methods.
All of this makes me wonder what would have happened if arteta was manager that day in old trafford :rubchin: Or what would he have done with cesc after he threw the pizza at ferguscum ? :rubchin: :rubchin: Or if he was manager the day that we got into a brawl with manure that saw us docked 2pts or the day of the melee with norwich in front of the north bank.

To be honest Augie, I very much doubt that his behaviour at Brighton is anything to do with his being frozen out. Arteta was spiky and could be hot headed on the pitch, as when he played for Everton against us (was it Cesc that got sent off in a spat with him?). I get the feeling that he and others have clashed with Matteo and as we said yesterday, Arteta won’t tolerate strong characters.

As for Keown :roll: :roll: . I used to have a lot of respect for the bloke, but that dissipated years ago with his constant blind faith defence of the French Fraud. Stating that Guendouzi isn’t good enough for our mid table outfit and that Xhaka is in front of him, is further evidence that playing at the top level does not necessarily make you an analytical authority on the game. I also can’t help wondering if he’s constantly trying to find a way back into the Arsenal coaching fold, which is why he fawns to the hierarchy. Cretin.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell4 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 pm
hleb