ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:03 pm
What a shower of negative bastards you all are :? :wink:
Welcome, Willian! An improvement on any of the midfielders we currently have at the club!
Dont get me wrong Sid i think Willian is a very good player but ffs his inherent abilities are 120% negated by playing alongside Xhaka if he plays through the middle, if he's out wide it means one of the others makes way for him and then we get into the Augie paranoia realm of favouring older players over youngsters ( :wink: ).

If we had a proper DCM then Willian would be a good deal even if you only got 1 or 2 seasons out of him before he is completely shagged but alongside Xhaka....... :banghead:

Thinking about it i'd consider playing Chambers in the CDM role if we're not buying one and he stays just to see the back of the Fannybulge :rubchin:

Off to a good start at the mo - wait until guendouzi, holding, maitland-niles, torreira and nelson head out the door and I will be proven right and elected king (for at least a day :wink: )

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 am
We don't know he's getting that kind of money. Daily Mail reporting that's the figures doesn't mean it's true.

Now I know that's a bit rich coming from the guy who posts the most unbelievable shitiest transfer rumours imaginable, but I don't even believe the shit I post :D

Alot of the stuff I put up is to wind Augie up :D
Keep up the good work. :D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Amongst all the transfer rumours, I don't understand how a transfer can be sanctioned by UEFA, but then not allow the player who has arrived at a new club to be able to play for them because UEFA competitions are still being completed? e.g Saliba and Timo Werner.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:04 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
We don't know he's getting that kind of money. Daily Mail reporting that's the figures doesn't mean it's true.

Now I know that's a bit rich coming from the guy who posts the most unbelievable shitiest transfer rumours imaginable, but I don't even believe the shit I post :D

I only come on here to annoy people! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol:

It's a real talent you have sid!! :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I'm putting this here cos we are consistently linked with him

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... oronavirus

He is the only player alive that would make ramsey and diaby seem to be the most durable players ever :roll: A perma crock and it doesnt surprise me that he would catch co-vid, and if ever TB or scabies comes back again, I wouldnt bet against him catching them too :roll: :oops: :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 pm
I'm putting this here cos we are consistently linked with him

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... oronavirus

He is the only player alive that would make ramsey and diaby seem to be the most durable players ever :roll: A perma crock and it doesnt surprise me that he would catch co-vid, and if ever TB or scabies comes back again, I wouldnt bet against him catching them too :roll: :oops: :oops:
One of his knees is made of corn flakes and the other is held together with sawdust and chewing gum.

Kia isn’t his agent by any chance? 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mundo Deportivo say #Arsenal have ‘proposed a formula’ for signing Coutinho, which would see them take him on loan & have an option to buy next summer. However Barcelona ‘need to sell’, so will wait as long as possible before agreeing to any loan, in the hope a club will buy him. https://t.co/qxY4Xooo2V

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Napoli now lead the race for Gabriel Magalhães. It is between these two clubs that Gabriel will have to make his choice. Both clubs have made €30m offers with bonuses, both of which have been accepted by Lille. [@AlexisBernard10]

https://t.co/FysJM58TIh

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bournemouth selling their keeper for 19 million shows the value we have in our two. Think we have no choice but to cash in on one of ours (unless Leno is fucked?).

I saw he married that absolute stunner at the weekend, lucky bastard.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

That was sooooooo last season Sid :D

It's all about sharing the Mikel love around these days :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It sounds like City are going to chase 2 centre backs now as part of their overhaul

Just when I thought it was safe to start trying to be positive, the words "John Stones" flashed before my eyes. If we ever signed that soppy c.unt, I'd be demanding Arteta's head on a spike before a ball was kicked :D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 am
It sounds like City are going to chase 2 centre backs now as part of their overhaul

Just when I thought it was safe to start trying to be positive, the words "John Stones" flashed before my eyes. If we ever signed that soppy c.unt, I'd be demanding Arteta's head on a spike before a ball was kicked :D
You know it’s coming SteveO. We are the club of rejects or Jorabchin clients for one last big pay day. Our transfer policy is a joke. Everything is short-term and plastering over the cracks.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:36 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

You know it’s coming SteveO. We are the club of rejects or Jorabchin clients for one last big pay day. Our transfer policy is a joke. Everything is short-term and plastering over the cracks.
Honestly mate, it wouldn't surprise me. I know there were mutterings when Arteta first joined, and I live in hope that its complete bullshit. One thing is for certain - he's history at City and will be looking for a new club. He's like the Bendtner of centre halves - in his head he's convinced he's the nuts and still fancies himself as a modern day Beckenbauer. He's probably the one CB in the PL more braindead than Mustafi and Luiz

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:27 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:36 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Honestly mate, it wouldn't surprise me. I know there were mutterings when Arteta first joined, and I live in hope that its complete bullshit. One thing is for certain - he's history at City and will be looking for a new club. He's like the Bendtner of centre halves - in his head he's convinced he's the nuts and still fancies himself as a modern day Beckenbauer. He's probably the one CB in the PL more braindead than Mustafi and Luiz
Wasn't Ray Parlour campaigning for his signing earlier in the week?

It's happening