ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Don't think Holding has done anything bad to let him go. I'd keep him and play him in games when we know a team is going to keep crossing the ball. Funny how in the two cup finals he played in we won, yet the two mustafi played in we lost. Holding is a good solid CB and would have him in to support the new ones coming in. I guess the thinking behind the loan is let him play for a year then bring him back when Luiz 's contract ends and if we can't sell mustafi and sokratis, their contracts finish in 2021 bring him back into the squad when they've left. He is only 24 years old, has lost two years of his career to injury and needs game time which he will get at Newcastle, because it is clear that Arteta is going to use Luiz, Gabriel, Mari and Saliba ahead of Holding.
AMN has played himself into staying which is great as I never thought he did much wrong when he covered RB for Bellerin and thought he deserves a chance. Talking of Bellerin he looks to be struggling big time with the way Arteta wants him to play. Not just basing that on Saturdays game, but the in all the games after the restart he looked extremely vulnerable. Not convinced Cedric is the answer either, although he is a better at putting in a decent cross than Bellerin.
Aubameyang looks settled in the squad and reminds me of the situation Vardy was in when we bid for him and he decided to stay where he was going to be guaranteed a start, and hopefully Auba makes the same decision as Vardy did and stay with the club where he is trusted. If he wants Champions League he should wait another year, because after we win the Europa League he'll be leading Arsenal in the competition. Unlike the wenger years when van persie, nasri, etc... left, under Arteta we are heading in an upwardly direction.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Looks like papa is off , Kolasinic next please.
Arsenal have gained around £8.5m from Sokratis’ sale to Napoli. £4m in the transfer fee, and £4.5m on freed wages!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am
According to the Independent, Aston Villa are preparing a £10m bid for Emi Martinez, though it is thought that #Arsenal could want as much as double that for the Argentine’s services. https://t.co/g2SjtM0DT2
They can fuck off. 8)
I concur wholeheartedly 8)
And I concur with your concurring 1,000%
FuckOFF villa you bunch of wanna be's .... and anyone else who wants him. :box:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Schalke want to pay half of Sead Kolasinac's salary to sign him on loan from Arsenal, according to Bild. #S04 #AFC

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE!!!????????????

All these Feckin' hair ads!??

Doesn't the site owner realise that some people on here are Follicly Challenged. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:00 am
Schalke want to pay half of Sead Kolasinac's salary to sign him on loan from Arsenal, according to Bild. #S04 #AFC

Tough decision if true - as I said the other day, on principle I am against loaning players in their "peak years", but players like him will not be willing to sacrifice a big wedge of the wages they are on cos they know they wont get is elsewhere. In an ideal world we sell him and he is happy to go, but failing that I would be happy to sell him for £10m-£15m and pay half of his wages for remainder of his contract - doing that would result in a small increase to our current transfer budget and free up space on our wage bill, but failing that I would send him on loan to free up wage space

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one who thinks that the fans are jumping the gun on auba's new contract ? It seems to be almost universally accepted that he is signing, but if that is the case, then why hasnt he signed it already ? They have been negotiating for months ffs so it concerns me that it isnt signed yet, and I'm wondering if he is waiting to gauge the interest in him from other clubs

augie

Post by augie »

I suspect schalke are being very shrewd here

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... goalkeeper

WHEN (not if) the club knock back schalke's approach (they wont have enough money to make a bid worth considering), they hope that it might unsettle leno who will start questioning the manager's plan for the upcoming season, and then maybe they might be able to get leno to return to motherland germany on the cheap

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 am
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:00 am

Tough decision if true - as I said the other day, on principle I am against loaning players in their "peak years", but players like him will not be willing to sacrifice a big wedge of the wages they are on cos they know they wont get is elsewhere. In an ideal world we sell him and he is happy to go, but failing that I would be happy to sell him for £10m-£15m and pay half of his wages for remainder of his contract - doing that would result in a small increase to our current transfer budget and free up space on our wage bill, but failing that I would send him on loan to free up wage space
Agree with that plus of course means he never dons the red shirt again which is the biggest plus :D .

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:06 am
IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE!!!????????????

All these Feckin' hair ads!??

Doesn't the site owner realise that some people on here are Follicly Challenged. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Some people are severely vertically challenged too, allegedly, surprised there aren't a bunch of adverts for soap boxes and step ladders :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OFFICIAL: Henrikh Mkhitaryan leaves Arsenal for AS Roma after mutual termination of his contract.

Mkhitaryan contract cancelled by mutual consent. Joins Roma on a permanent basis. This was always the aim when it was announced he would be extending his loan to finish last season.

No fee, but Arsenal get his huge wage off the wage bill.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @David_Ornstein, Gabriel has signed, is currently in quarantine & it’s just a matter of #Arsenal announcing it. https://t.co/E723y1oLfO

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:07 pm
OFFICIAL: Henrikh Mkhitaryan leaves Arsenal for AS Roma after mutual termination of his contract.

Mkhitaryan contract cancelled by mutual consent. Joins Roma on a permanent basis. This was always the aim when it was announced he would be extending his loan to finish last season.

No fee, but Arsenal get his huge wage off the wage bill.
What did Arsenal pay for him? My worst memory of him was him being brought on in the NLD last September when Arsenal had Spuds on the ropes. He came on and Martinelli stayed on the bench, despite the world knowing he was going to Roma the following day.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We paid fuck all for him, it was a straight swap for Alexis in what turned out to be the world’s worst ever transfer (for both sides).

He’s wages were astronomical though so it’s great to finally be rid. Hopefully we somehow manage to rid ourselves of the bug eyed skid mark in similar fashion but unlike Mikhi who actually wants to play he’s happy out doing fuck all.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Dani Ceballos is coming back to Arsenal on loan. Advanced talks and agreement to be completed soon - as reported by @JLSanchez78.
Arteta has called Ceballos to convince him - three bids turned down to come back to #AFC. Green light from Real Madrid soon. ⚪️🔴 #transfers #Ceballos