ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Given the price tag, and factoring in his premier league experience, I would be thinking that doucoure would be a better option than partey :rubchin:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12565935 ... tford-fee/

augie

Post by augie »

Taxi for kolasniac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12560841 ... o-go-home/

I watched 10-15 minutes of our home game v manure from earlier this year, and in those 10-15 minutes this fcuking clown gave away 3 free kicks for stupidly barging into the backs of their players - an experienced international player giving away the kind of braindead fouls that a young child gives away :oops: :oops: He comes steaming in to challenges like he is going to kill anyone who gets in his way, and then he pushes people in the back like a coward :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Taxi for kolasniac

I watched 10-15 minutes of our home game v manure from earlier this year, and in those 10-15 minutes this fcuking clown gave away 3 free kicks for stupidly barging into the backs of their players - an experienced international player giving away the kind of braindead fouls that a young child gives away :oops: :oops: He comes steaming in to challenges like he is going to kill anyone who gets in his way, and then he pushes people in the back like a coward :roll:
Save the taxi fare - I'll drive the useless big lump there for free. As well as the new signings, nothing would please me more than to see Auba's new deal confirmed, closely followed by this tub of lard shipped out! Get rid FFS :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:53 am
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Taxi for kolasniac

Save the taxi fare - I'll drive the useless big lump there for free. As well as the new signings, nothing would please me more than to see Auba's new deal confirmed, closely followed by this tub of lard shipped out! Get rid FFS :banghead:
I concur lads he really is shite.How in the fuck he was ever in the bundesliga team of the year I will never know :oops: a truly awful foobler and a big ringpiece to boot.If he's so desperate to return home..he shouldn't mind taking a wage cut to do so then eh :rubchin: no I didn't think so either..another wage and oxygen thief like his wee bug eyed Turkish/German arsewipe of a pal.

augie

Post by augie »

The auba contract situation has gone very quiet :rubchin: :anyminute: :asleep_at_work:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am
The auba contract situation has gone very quiet :rubchin: :anyminute: :asleep_at_work:
Whilst I want him to sign too, maybe we are forgetting that he will be with us this season as he has entered into the last year of his contract and may decide his future when the team's future under Arteta is a lot clearer. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear confirmation or non-confirmation until January 2021. I'll be very very surprised if he left in this window.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:59 pm
augie wrote:
Whilst I want him to sign too, maybe we are forgetting that he will be with us this season as he has entered into the last year of his contract and may decide his future when the team's future under Arteta is a lot clearer. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear confirmation or non-confirmation until January 2021. I'll be very very surprised if he left in this window.
He will be with us this season at least and as posted previously we DO have a one year option to extend that needs to be activated by the end of December,massive Ozil like wages apparently would be for the 2021/22 season,that clause is what imo is holding up the new contract.

https://www.gunnerstoday.com/details/vi ... _contract/

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

NEW: Lucas Torreira looks set to be the latest name out of the door as #AFC have agreed a deal to send the Uruguay midfielder to Fiorentina for a £7m loan fee, with a £14m obligation to buy next summer.
https://t.co/1M6TbGRbmc

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:

He's just waiting to make sure that Arteta strengthens the team sufficiently to make it worth staying. Can't really blame him.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:53 pm
augie wrote:

He's just waiting to make sure that Arteta strengthens the team sufficiently to make it worth staying. Can't really blame him.
Totally agree Jock and i can't blame him either.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

I for one wouldn't mind Guendousi(sp) staying. Am I the only person thinking that there's some talent there but for a youngster he's trying to do so much. Especially trying to carry Xhaka.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

MegaGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:12 pm
I for one wouldn't mind Guendousi(sp) staying. Am I the only person thinking that there's some talent there but for a youngster he's trying to do so much. Especially trying to carry Xhaka.

Absolutely. I think the youngsters have had a pretty tough time of it trying to prove their worth in a team that offers them very little in the way of support especially if you find yourself playing alongside Xhaka. Saka is the only one that has really managed to deal with the first team but with Arteta hopefully improving the team some of the others might be worth another look.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:53 pm
augie wrote:

And that is understandable buddy, but he suggests that the man isnt fully convinced about signing a new deal yet, and that is in contrast to every media outlet who has been proclaiming that he IS signing a new deal.

IF that one year extension clause is true (and I'm not saying that it isnt), then why has their been fuss and hysteria over his contract for last 12-18 months then ?? :? To me this story seems odd, and very convenient to be released now :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:

IF he refuses to sign a new contract before the end of this month, then the club should sell him if they get an offer of £35m+. Of course the suggestion of doing so will create an outcry but the reality is that we havent got two pennies to rub together, and certainly cant afford to turn down a significant bid if it means that he will walk for free next summer. This rebuild isnt going to be done in one season by arteta or any other manager for that matter, so we need to stop being fixated on this season and how selling him would affect it, and instead focus on how impossible it will be to replace him next summer when we dont have money to do so

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:

IF he refuses to sign a new contract before the end of this month, then the club should sell him if they get an offer of £35m+. Of course the suggestion of doing so will create an outcry but the reality is that we havent got two pennies to rub together, and certainly cant afford to turn down a significant bid if it means that he will walk for free next summer. This rebuild isnt going to be done in one season by arteta or any other manager for that matter, so we need to stop being fixated on this season and how selling him would affect it, and instead focus on how impossible it will be to replace him next summer when we dont have money to do so
£35m is nowhere near enough for Auba. Try £50m and let the big European clubs bid for him. At least we can get Partey then.

Personally seeing as we fucked up with his original contract (it should have been 5 years) I fear if he doesn't sign then we might not have much choice but to let him go on a free or some sort of swap deal in January.

In saying all that, I don’t think Auba has a problem signing a new contract with us, he loves Arsenal you can see that on Social Media, its up to club to put a compelling offer/vision in front of him.