ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

MegaGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:12 pm
I for one wouldn't mind Guendousi(sp) staying. Am I the only person thinking that there's some talent there but for a youngster he's trying to do so much. Especially trying to carry Xhaka.

You're not the only one Mega. Myself and Augie have been saying this for a while. It looks like Torreira is off to Fiorentina (a guy that 18 months ago we were all thinking might become a legend with us...remember the home game against the scum) and we're likely to let Guendouzi go too, but the dullard Xhaka will still be hanging around like a bad smell.

I've no idea what went wrong with Torreira, but as you say, both he and Guendouzi were constantly having to carry Xhaka. There's talent and potential in both those lads imo and it's criminal how the club have handled them. I wish them both well wherever they end up.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 am
MegaGooner wrote:
I for one wouldn't mind Guendousi(sp) staying. Am I the only person thinking that there's some talent there but for a youngster he's trying to do so much. Especially trying to carry Xhaka.

You're not the only one Mega. Myself and Augie have been saying this for a while. It looks like Torreira is off to Fiorentina (a guy that 18 months ago we were all thinking might become a legend with us...remember the home game against the scum) and we're likely to let Guendouzi go too, but the dullard Xhaka will still be hanging around like a bad smell.

I've no idea what went wrong with Torreira, but as you say, both he and Guendouzi were constantly having to carry Xhaka. There's talent and potential in both those lads imo and it's criminal how the club have handled them. I wish them both well wherever they end up.
Criminal how the club have handled them?
What a load of bollocks, Dozy, has been without doubt one of the most unproductive player I have ever seen, runs around like fucking Bambi and easily knocked off the ball, also severe attitude problem, which he was obviously unwilling to control.
As for Torreira, had a handful of good performances when he first came into the team. Then started moaning about not settling in London, bla bla bla!
Don’t get me wrong, Xhaka is way short of what we require, but his attitude since the altercation with the fans, is what has kept him at the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

What a load of bollocks, Dozy, has been without doubt one of the most unproductive player I have ever seen, runs around like fucking Bambi and easily knocked off the ball, also severe attitude problem, which he was obviously unwilling to control.
As for Torreira, had a handful of good performances when he first came into the team. Then started moaning about not settling in London, bla bla bla!
Don’t get me wrong, Xhaka is way short of what we require, but his attitude since the altercation with the fans, is what has kept him at the club.
His attitude sid? Fuck his attitude. I couldn't give a shit about his attitude buddy. It's his useless fucking donkey performances that are relevant. I'd keep both Torreira and the Dozer ahead of him even though neither are the world beaters we all hoped they might be and despite the alleged attitude problem with the Dozer. In fact I'd have the inanimate carbon rod from the fucking Simpsons ahead of the gimp Xhaka.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

His attitude sid? Fuck his attitude. I couldn't give a shit about his attitude buddy. It's his useless fucking donkey performances that are relevant. I'd keep both Torreira and the Dozer ahead of him even though neither are the world beaters we all hoped they might be and despite the alleged attitude problem with the Dozer. In fact I'd have the inanimate carbon rod from the fucking Simpsons ahead of the gimp Xhaka.
I know he’s shite, but I can see why he was kept ahead of a petulant brat, who contributes nothing and a player who doesn’t want to be there!
Arteta was never going to be able to get shot of everybody and build a completely new midfield, so he has kept a player, who despite his limited ability, will work with him and follow his instructions!
I don’t believe he will be central to Arteta’s plans, this time next year.
PS. I would argue that Dozy, is worse than Xhaka! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

I know he’s shite, but I can see why he was kept ahead of a petulant brat, who contributes nothing and a player who doesn’t want to be there!
Arteta was never going to be able to get shot of everybody and build a completely new midfield, so he has kept a player, who despite his limited ability, will work with him and follow his instructions!
I don’t believe he will be central to Arteta’s plans, this time next year.

You are deluded so sid :wink: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:53 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am
The auba contract situation has gone very quiet :rubchin: :anyminute: :asleep_at_work:

He's just waiting to make sure that Arteta strengthens the team sufficiently to make it worth staying. Can't really blame him.

And that is understandable buddy, but he suggests that the man isnt fully convinced about signing a new deal yet, and that is in contrast to every media outlet who has been proclaiming that he IS signing a new deal.

IF that one year extension clause is true (and I'm not saying that it isnt), then why has their been fuss and hysteria over his contract for last 12-18 months then ?? :? To me this story seems odd, and very convenient to be released now :rubchin:

Fuss and hysteria is what the press do though isn't it. Until there is an official announcement they can speculate and bullshit to their heart's content.

We want to keep him so we have to demonstrate that intent through his wages plus signs that Arteta has a vision for the team going forward. To trigger the one year extension wouldn't be sending the right signal. It's not a particularly clever clause to have in a contract as it's only ever going to create bad feeling - better to do the deal or let him go and cash in. The problem with the delay is that we can't trust the club not to be trying to screw the deal up somehow. Auba's agent must have done all the behind closed doors stuff to see if there was any interest elsewhere but the fact that nothing has really materialised in the press surely / hopefully means that he intends to stay. Like you I would rather see it confirmed asap rather than dragging on.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

And you think I'm talking bollocks !! :lol: :lol:
Sorry Sid, What you've posted is unadulterated bollocks, plus absolute crap. :) Augie and DB have made the point well.

I'll stand by what I've said on here before, that I can't remember a worse centre mid at the Arsenal than Granit Xhaka. No point listing his faults, it's all been said on here a million times. I rate Guendouzi as a good prospect and already a mile ahead of Xhaka...fuck me, I'm better than Xhaka. I hear about his attitude problem and while it might well be true, I haven't ever read details. Tbh, I'd like to know.

As for Torreira, he may well not have settled as rumoured, but you can't put in those early performances by luck. Let's put it this way, we've NEVER seen Xhaka put in a single performance like that in the 4 years or so that he's been here.

If Torreira wants out and and Guendouzi is serious trouble, then they'll have to go, but that also points to potential poor management. Being constantly in and out of the side, while having to watch the Swiss Albanian clown stumbling around the pitch week in week out and then having to play alongside him when you are picked, is enough to piss anyone off.

It looks like they're both going and given the pony state of our centre midfield, they're losses we can't afford. As for Xhaka not figuring in Arteta's plans, I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek, because unless we sign a couple of top quality mids, then I've no doubt that ol' club foot will continue to be the centre mid go to for Arteta.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 pm
goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

Sorry Sid, What you've posted is unadulterated bollocks, plus absolute crap. :) Augie and DB have made the point well.

I'll stand by what I've said on here before, that I can't remember a worse centre mid at the Arsenal than Granit Xhaka. No point listing his faults, it's all been said on here a million times. I rate Guendouzi as a good prospect and already a mile ahead of Xhaka...fuck me, I'm better than Xhaka. I hear about his attitude problem and while it might well be true, I haven't ever read details. Tbh, I'd like to know.

As for Torreira, he may well not have settled as rumoured, but you can't put in those early performances by luck. Let's put it this way, we've NEVER seen Xhaka put in a single performance like that in the 4 years or so that he's been here.

If Torreira wants out and and Guendouzi is serious trouble, then they'll have to go, but that also points to potential poor management. Being constantly in and out of the side, while having to watch the Swiss Albanian clown stumbling around the pitch week in week out and then having to play alongside him when you are picked, is enough to piss anyone off.

It looks like they're both going and given the pony state of our centre midfield, they're losses we can't afford. As for Xhaka not figuring in Arteta's plans, I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek, because unless we sign a couple of top quality mids, then I've no doubt that ol' club foot will continue to be the centre mid go to for Arteta.
Good post mate. I agree. And tbh as much as I want to get behind Arteta and support him it's his continued playing (not just keeping, but PLAYING) of the completely shit Xhaka that worries me more than anything else that has happened since Arteta took over. :|

Let's be honest it is disgusting that the Xhaka prick is still at the club after his carry on with the supporters - it only compounds that cuntiness that the useless fucker offers us nothing on the pitch bar mistakes, cowardice, and stupidity. :roll:

He is deffo the worst midfielder I've seen since the Hillier mk1 days.

As a footballer he makes Comedies Iwobi and Eboue look like Bergkamp ffs. :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Not going to quote as it’s turning into a skyscraper post.
But ! Guendozi a good prospect? :lol:
Based on what?
Assists? Don’t think so?
Tackling ? Don’t make me laugh !
Goals? ? How many has he scored?
Attitude? ??
You can mention Denilson, Hillier, Song, in comparison to Xhaka, but I have never ever seen such a non entity of a footballer than Guendozi, he does FUCK All !!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @FabrizioRomano, PSG Sporting director Leonardo is in talks with Hector Bellerin's agent & with Arsenal, & a formal offer for Bellerin is set to arrive in 'the coming days'. https://t.co/OLOy0TOXOH

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:48 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 pm
goonersid wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

Good post mate. I agree. And tbh as much as I want to get behind Arteta and support him it's his continued playing (not just keeping, but PLAYING) of the completely shit Xhaka that worries me more than anything else that has happened since Arteta took over. :|

Let's be honest it is disgusting that the Xhaka prick is still at the club after his carry on with the supporters - it only compounds that cuntiness that the useless fucker offers us nothing on the pitch bar mistakes, cowardice, and stupidity. :roll:

He is deffo the worst midfielder I've seen since the Hillier mk1 days.

As a footballer he makes Comedies Iwobi and Eboue look like Bergkamp ffs. :censored:

Yep, this.....and especially the bold part.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:34 pm
Not going to quote as it’s turning into a skyscraper post.
But ! Guendozi a good prospect? :lol:
Based on what?
Assists? Don’t think so?
Tackling ? Don’t make me laugh !
Goals? ? How many has he scored?
Attitude? ??
You can mention Denilson, Hillier, Song, in comparison to Xhaka, but I have never ever seen such a non entity of a footballer than Guendozi, he does FUCK All !!

Tbh Sid, it's a pointless argument. I think there's a player there and you don't. For what it's worth, he does tackle and block well and at least carries the ball forward and tries to drive the team on. He's technically far better than Xhaka, but fuck me, I'll admit that's a pretty low bar.

As for goals and assists, well he's never had a decent run in the team and has mostly played in a side that's been crap. I don't think anyone is under the impression that he's the next Brady or Fabregas, but ffs, given the parlous state of our midfield, he and Torreira look half decent.

Time will tell. I'm sure you'll remind me if he moves on and is crap and I'll remind you if he develops a good career. 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Dani Ceballos has rejoined us for a second successive season-long loan from Real Madrid!

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 pm
Dani Ceballos has rejoined us for a second successive season-long loan from Real Madrid!
If we'd signed him he'd be halfway through his contract after 2 years. Can't say i'm too excited about him. He's ok but nothing special.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:suicide:

Pray for Getafe