ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm
According to @SamJDean, Brentford would be more open to selling Raya if they can loan him back for the season. Such a move would be complicated for Arsenal who prefer to sign him immediately & integrate him into the squad. Macey has one year left on his contract & wants to leave. https://t.co/xXIZeIs7QK

Exclusive: Brentford have rejected a bid of around £10m from Arsenal for goalkeeper David Raya. #AFC are still keen on signing Raya despite the imminent arrival of Rúnarsson. #BrentfordFC will only consider selling if Raya is loaned back for the season.

https://t.co/gpkTqo9EYG
Couldn't we buy Raya then loan them Macy for a year??
Anyway, isn't the guy we are getting a full international goalkeeper or £1.5m? That's a bit of a bargain deal. Cheaper than Raya. Plus, the club are up £15.5m up on a deal in which we sell one that has played 18 times of the club, albeit was outstanding, and replaced him with a international keeper who is younger. Great bit of business.
Sad to see Martinez go as I would put him ahead of Leno, however, one of them had to go and we got offers for Martinez and none for Leno. So, we have Germany's no.3 and Iceland's no.2 keeper. We no longer seem to be in the market for a world class international goalie, which is a bit sad as having one of them seems to essential in winning a league title.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I know there is a feel good factor about the club at the moment and that we actually appear to be building something special but I just can't help feeling like we are a bit on the outside looking in at the clubs we are challenging for top 4 with summer signings.
I don't know much about Aouar to be that excited about his possible arrival. Alcantara for £27m, a proper world class midfielder, or £31.5m for a good midfielder??

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm a bit confused about the Aouar business, i know we may need a better CM option but as Augie says surely our higher priority is a very good CDM as currently, and i use the term loosely, our two options at CDM are Xhaka and Elneny..... and as far as i know, even if it is a silver lining, Xhaka is injured!?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that with Gabriel and Saliba the top brass think our defensive issues are resolved....have they not watched Xhaka for the last 4 or 5 seasons :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 pm
I know there is a feel good factor about the club at the moment and that we actually appear to be building something special but I just can't help feeling like we are a bit on the outside looking in at the clubs we are challenging for top 4 with summer signings.
I don't know much about Aouar to be that excited about his possible arrival. Alcantara for £27m, a proper world class midfielder, or £31.5m for a good midfielder??

But thiago even at that price would make no sense cos he isnt the type of player we need imo. It should also be noted that thiago is 29 years old - not an old man by any means, but Aouar at 22 years old makes more sense too

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:42 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm
According to @SamJDean, Brentford would be more open to selling Raya if they can loan him back for the season. Such a move would be complicated for Arsenal who prefer to sign him immediately & integrate him into the squad. Macey has one year left on his contract & wants to leave. https://t.co/xXIZeIs7QK

Exclusive: Brentford have rejected a bid of around £10m from Arsenal for goalkeeper David Raya. #AFC are still keen on signing Raya despite the imminent arrival of Rúnarsson. #BrentfordFC will only consider selling if Raya is loaned back for the season.

https://t.co/gpkTqo9EYG
Couldn't we buy Raya then loan them Macy for a year??
Anyway, isn't the guy we are getting a full international goalkeeper or £1.5m? That's a bit of a bargain deal. Cheaper than Raya. Plus, the club are up £15.5m up on a deal in which we sell one that has played 18 times of the club, albeit was outstanding, and replaced him with a international keeper who is younger. Great bit of business.
Sad to see Martinez go as I would put him ahead of Leno, however, one of them had to go and we got offers for Martinez and none for Leno. So, we have Germany's no.3 and Iceland's no.2 keeper. We no longer seem to be in the market for a world class international goalie, which is a bit sad as having one of them seems to essential in winning a league title.
The guy that we are supposed to be getting is apparently second choice at Dijon, a team which finished 16th last season in Ligue 1. He apparently has some history with our goalkeeping coach, so hope we know what we are doing.

We missed a trick with Joe Hart or the PSG keeper that went to Fulham.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not Joe Hart. Even at his very best he was suspect too often. :roll:

Now he's just a balding old donkey that can't even catch a decent shampoo advert ffs. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 am
I'm a bit confused about the Aouar business, i know we may need a better CM option but as Augie says surely our higher priority is a very good CDM as currently, and i use the term loosely, our two options at CDM are Xhaka and Elneny..... and as far as i know, even if it is a silver lining, Xhaka is injured!?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that with Gabriel and Saliba the top brass think our defensive issues are resolved....have they not watched Xhaka for the last 4 or 5 seasons :banghead:

Yeah agreed. What is it with our lot. Just when you think they have finally got their heads round the fact that we need a solid CDM along comes a 'shiny' new option and they all get distracted away from the gritty reality of what the team really needs. Remind you of anyone :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta wants to sign Houssem Aouar from Lyon and Atletico Madrid's Thomas Partey. Arsenal need to offload several fringe players before they can make further signings.
Torreira, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Ozil among players whose availability has been widely circulated. [@JamesOlley]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc Mikel Arteta asked about progress for deal with Runarsson.

"We’ve been looking in the market and we will shortly be in a position to announce our new signing."

Adds could add another goalkeeper "depending on what’s going to happen with our third goalkeeping position".

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:07 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Yeah agreed. What is it with our lot. Just when you think they have finally got their heads round the fact that we need a solid CDM along comes a 'shiny' new option and they all get distracted away from the gritty reality of what the team really needs. Remind you of anyone :roll:
To be fair I think we are looking to sign both players and if we somehow end up doing it this will have been an incredibly good window for us, especially if we manage to offload 4 or 5 of the skid marks in the squad.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Liverpool getting Jota too. No pricking about just getting the job done.

Chelsea in for Rice which will bring their spending to 280 mil.

While we fuck about with shitty little bids to piss of the club we want to buy from.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

To be fair I think we are looking to sign both players and if we somehow end up doing it this will have been an incredibly good window for us, especially if we manage to offload 4 or 5 of the skid marks in the squad.

I hope you are right and that would indeed be a very good window. However I can't help but suspect that we're probably playing one club off against the other a bit to see if either are daft enough to accept a new Arsenal style deal. We've not had much success in getting rid of the shite that continues to linger at the club and unless that changes soon and / or we get some serious money for Torreira and the Douzie then we can probably only expect to try and secure one of the midfield options given the asking prices.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Would be the type of transfer window that we have always dreamed about - I would be ecstatic if we achieved this, but lets be honest and acknowledge that it is unlikely to happen

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:13 pm
Liverpool getting Jota too. No pricking about just getting the job done.

Chelsea in for Rice which will bring their spending to 280 mil.

While we fuck about with shitty little bids to piss of the club we want to buy from.

Jota is no better than average

the victims have fcuked about for weeks over the thiago deal and that baffled me cos it is a bargain imo

rice is not even good enough to be classed as average

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Uruguyan journo claiming that Simeone has made contact with Torreira over a possible move to AM :rubchin: