ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:33 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 pm
Team devoid of midfield creativity sign defensive midfielder.

As I said in the match thread yesterday if we are to blow our wad on one player before the window closes it has to be on a creator, so unless we've someone else up our sleeve for later on today or an "internal solution" :shock: we're still bollocksed.
I thought he was box to box just what we need?
Very much in the defensive mould, the good news is his signing spells the beginning of the end for Xhaka, the bad news is he ain’t gonna be playing defence splitting through balls to bring some badly needed creativity to our midfield.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:12 pm
La Liga have informed Atletico Madrid of Arsenal paying the release clause for Thomas Partey. Neither Arsenal or the player told the Spanish side a word [@charles_watts].
"Where are you going with that suitcase and passport, Thomas?"

"Um, um, err, um, swimming."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:16 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Kolasinac move to Leverkusen is off as they can’t flog their current left back :banghead:
Their current left back must be awesome..

Their current left back is Stevie wonder. :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sokrites still hanging around. Didn’t he say that playing was more important to him than money and that he wouldn’t be prepared to just sit around picking up his wages but never kicking a ball. That aged well.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wilshere’s contract terminated by West Ham. A career that never was.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

So have been checking to see what Sky Sports are saying about the Partey signing. They instead are talking about a 33 year old Cavani joining United and some guy from Porto joining them. If any other club made a big signing they'd waffle on about it all night but not us. Jamie and Harry Redknapp are on at 8 :banghead: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:39 pm
Sokrites still hanging around. Didn’t he say that playing was more important to him than money and that he wouldn’t be prepared to just sit around picking up his wages but never kicking a ball. That aged well.

According to @telefoot_chaine, #Arsenal have refused an offer from Paris Saint-Germain to take Sokratis on loan. https://t.co/3HjRqaPlgj

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

... La Liga have confirmed to Atletico that Thomas Partey’s release clause has been triggered. First part of the medical done in Spain, second part to be completed in London. Deal expected to be completed in time.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Wilshere’s contract terminated by West Ham. A career that never was.
He’s Shite :wink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:

According to @telefoot_chaine, #Arsenal have refused an offer from Paris Saint-Germain to take Sokratis on loan. https://t.co/3HjRqaPlgj
Completely forgot about the existence of that useless fannybulge

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

I don't like to use the term Retarded or derivations of it, but some of these players (and I use that term with hesitation) really are Retarded. They actually think anyone actually believes what they (or their agents) say?

At least we all have the honesty to say ' If offered £80k - £100k a week to just sit on a bench and occasionally run around on a football pitch and embarrass ourself, we would do it!'

But these cunnts actually believe their morality is too high and pure for such a thing and that we actually believe them.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... id-for-51m

Hopefully this will be a very good signing for the Arsenal. We've been crying out for a DM for a long time and he fits the bill by all accounts.
The unfortunate thing about this transfer is the fuckwits who deal with it from our club.

Partey is allegedly on £60K a week at Atletico. So why offer him £250K a week?
He was keen on a move to Arsenal so why not offer to double his wages to £120K / week?
He'd have to be keen on that you'd think, but no, our dickwads seem to love to spend all savings made on one deal rather than be smart with the money.

They get rid of the mascot to 'save money' but let's be honest, it's fuck all compared to the transfer market.

Absolute wankers!!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Sky have finally broken the news

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I know a few on here want to see the back of Guendouzi but I think there's potentially a good player in there and it would be stupid to just discard him offhand. A one year loan away makes perfect sense to me.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:37 pm
I know a few on here want to see the back of Guendouzi but I think there's potentially a good player in there and it would be stupid to just discard him offhand. A one year loan away makes perfect sense to me.
If he grows up and realises that if he doesn’t he might just be throwing away his career.