ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:54 pm
And now the club have to pay Marty Ozil Feldman £8 million in bonuses

YUP!

HOWTHEFUCK does THAT happen???!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
It's called a loyalty bonus. All players have them written into their contracts. Our problem is the fucking idiots Wenger and the Lizard waaayyy over estimated Ozil's one. As they did when they offered him 350k a week. :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Shkodran Mustafi has rejected Arsenal's latest offer of a contract extension

https://t.co/8UQaZyIyR8

augie

Post by augie »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:33 pm

But worrying that we offered him an extension!

The article also suggests Saliba will be ‘blooded in’ due to a congested fixture list. Presumably that’s not possible as he isn’t registered in either the league or EL squads? Presumably this is just more made up guess work then. Hopefully the part about Mustafi leaving next summer proves to be correct

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @ChrisWheatley_, Shkodran Mustafi rejected #Arsenal's offer of a contract extension in the summer & informed the club he plans to leave at the end of the season. https://t.co/iLLtcjcF6l

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:08 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

The article also suggests Saliba will be ‘blooded in’ due to a congested fixture list. Presumably that’s not possible as he isn’t registered in either the league or EL squads? Presumably this is just more made up guess work then. Hopefully the part about Mustafi leaving next summer proves to be correct

Fairly sure he is registered for premier league

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:05 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:08 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Fairly sure he is registered for premier league
He’s under 21 so I don’t think he needs to be registered.

He definitely can’t play Europa League though and that’s ridiculous.

wibble

Post by wibble »

That’s good that he at least has the possibility to be selected in the league then. Particularly with all the defensive injuries we’ve picked up (coupled with the shit players!)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Who the fuck wanted to offer Mustafalaff a new contract at Arsenal? I bet it’s Arteta! In the next 6 months or so I bet he gives Xhaka a new longer/improved contract. :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 am
Who the fuck wanted to offer Mustafalaff a new contract at Arsenal? I bet it’s Arteta! In the next 6 months or so I bet he gives Xhaka a new longer/improved contract. :banghead:
I think the method to the madness was to offer him a one year deal in order to get some sort of fee this summer instead of him walking for free.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am
TeeCee wrote:
I think the method to the madness was to offer him a one year deal in order to get some sort of fee this summer instead of him walking for free.

I'm reminded of the gary neville quote where he said that during his time at valencia "the club couldnt give mustafi away" :lol: :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:34 am
rodders999 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I'm reminded of the gary neville quote where he said that during his time at valencia "the club couldnt give mustafi away" :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the Wanka rings up and offers 35 million quid for him, they must have thought it was a fucking wind up :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
He had a year left this Summer and no c.unt wanted him, so when he's another year older how is that gonna work?

Honestly Rodders, you can't defend Arteta on this??? If he has offered this c.untslop an extension, that is probably as mystifying as signing Saliba and not playing him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
He had a year left this Summer and no c.unt wanted him, so when he's another year older how is that gonna work?

Honestly Rodders, you can't defend Arteta on this??? If he has offered this c.untslop an extension, that is probably as mystifying as signing Saliba and not playing him
Was about to respond with that. We can't give him away.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Honestly if Arteta does that then any lingering support he has from me is gone.

Worst thing is, I bet he fucking does! :oops: