ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ah, remember the old days when £2.5M was chicken feed :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm
Ah, remember the old days when £2.5M was chicken feed :roll:
Aaaah! Yes, but they were Super, super Quality Chickens back then! :D Not yer dead fed types that you find at KFC's :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:48 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 am
#AFC statement on William Saliba says St Etienne would not agree to collaborate on a training plan to ensure he is fit for the start of next season.

Club says: "We also expected not to be financially disadvantaged by extending the loan. This was not acceptable to St Etienne"

Does that mean that the club were expecting a loan fee from st etienne ? Not sure how else we could be financially disadvantaged :?
From what I understand St Etienne were due an extra 2.5m if he played 17 games for them this season, the 17th game in this case is the French Cup final, if he played we would have to fork out 2.5m to them. On a side note not quite sure who's brain wave that was to have that kind of clause

Truly that is the most bizarre clause I have ever heard of - we have to pay extra money for a player playing extra games for someone else ?? :shock: :shock:
I was very much in the "let him play the game" group, but now they can fcuk right off as far as I am concerned - they will look well stupid with their fans for prioritising the £2.5m over having supposedly one of the best young defenders in europe in their team :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:48 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 am
#AFC statement on William Saliba says St Etienne would not agree to collaborate on a training plan to ensure he is fit for the start of next season.

Club says: "We also expected not to be financially disadvantaged by extending the loan. This was not acceptable to St Etienne"

Does that mean that the club were expecting a loan fee from st etienne ? Not sure how else we could be financially disadvantaged :?
From what I understand St Etienne were due an extra 2.5m if he played 17 games for them this season, the 17th game in this case is the French Cup final, if he played we would have to fork out 2.5m to them. On a side note not quite sure who's brain wave that was to have that kind of clause
To be honest McD it could have been any number of the fuckwits running our club right now :wink:

True story :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:24 pm
Saka's signed a new long term contract.........superb news :barscarf:

That's wanking material 8) :barscarf:
Amazing news and his interview says a lot about the man, quite likeable and apparently David Luiz is having an influence on the youngsters. Martinelli next please.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Amazing news and his interview says a lot about the man, quite likeable and apparently David Luiz is having an influence on the youngsters. Martinelli next please.
Delighted he signed. And now we don't have Wenger there to ruin him either! :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Dismisses the ridiculous theory Arteta is not interested in the youngsters , he loves to develop players. Martinelli would have played if wasn't injured as well IMO .

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
That's very good news. Next up Martinelli please.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:55 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Dismisses the ridiculous theory Arteta is not interested in the youngsters , he loves to develop players. Martinelli would have played if wasn't injured as well IMO .

Really ?? Two fcuking games (against citeeh and brighton) where we were absolute dogshit, and martinelli wasnt used at all :evil: :evil: In the citeeh game we didnt even have 1 shot on target in the whole game, and yet a young striker with 10 goals this season was left getting splinters in his arse :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

He would have played in my opinion, hes not going to dismiss a talent like that . Guendozi is a different story and clearly has attitude problems so good to see he's stamping down his authority. Might be one of the few assets we have to sell to generate funds for a class midfielder which in my mind is our greatest need.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:07 am
He would have played in my opinion, hes not going to dismiss a talent like that . Guendozi is a different story and clearly has attitude problems so good to see he's stamping down his authority. Might be one of the few assets we have to sell to generate funds for a class midfielder which in my mind is our greatest need.
But he clearly didn't play him for the first two games when it was painfully obvious we needed him on the pitch.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Given the injury Martinelli then picked up is it possible he was showing sings in training? Sometimes ligaments fray before they tear and can give a player pain and swelling before they go fully.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:55 am
Given the injury Martinelli then picked up is it possible he was showing sings in training? Sometimes ligaments fray before they tear and can give a player pain and swelling before they go fully.

But he was fit enough to be on the bench ?? Reports said his injury occured in a collision at training after the brighton game, and I suspect that subsequent injury is just convenient timing

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:40 am
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:07 am
But he clearly didn't play him for the first two games when it was painfully obvious we needed him on the pitch.
Indeed and only he knows the reasons why he didn't, i have no doubt he'll feature heavily next year.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gabriel Martinelli is expected to sign a new contract with Arsenal. [@TimesSport]