ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Usual AFC story …………….. stand around scratching your bollox while other clubs jump ahead and sign the players we want :roll:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aliba.html

augie

Post by augie »

We don't have much money so always run the risk of getting outbid by other clubs and I get that, but if another club gets in and buys Tierney whilst we are putting in insulting £15m bids, then I will be severely pi.ssed off :evil: :evil:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... d-25m.html

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 am
Usual AFC story …………….. stand around scratching your bollox while other clubs jump ahead and sign the players we want :roll:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aliba.html
Agree with the sentiment but not sure if an 18 year old CB is what we need to be spending our transfer warchest / piggybank on this summer. Is this another Chambers / Holding signing or is he something special. There are reports that we have agreed personal terms but that the scum are now showing an interest in him. Would he offer Kos as part of the deal to offset the cost.

The Tierney transfer is an embarrassment thus far. I forgot that Jenks is out of contract at the end of this month so he is unlikely to be any part of this deal. We are going to have to offer at least £20M and then throw in loan deals for a couple of kids to sweeten the deal as Celtic aren't skint and don't need to do this bit of business AND the player is a Celtic fan who has always said he is happy to play for his club.

augie

Post by augie »

There are approx. 6 weeks left in the English transfer window, and so far there hasn't been any clubs linked with signing mustafi, ozil, mikki or elneny - not one club. Goes without saying that this is very worrying - not alone do we need sales to boost our buying power, but more importantly, fewer purchases will mean that we will have another season where dick will be forced to use the same useless c.unts that continue to hold us back and prevent any new beginning for the team/club. Are we pushing these players availability out there ? Normally clubs would play down a players availability to keep the price high, but these are fcukers that no-one wants, so we are gonna have to give them away for half nothing just to bring in some dosh and get them off wage bill

Speaking of removing players off the wage bill, is there a minimum that fans feel we take for ozil to get rid of him ? Personally I think that the Turkish clubs might be willing to pay £10m for him if we were willing to pay £250k per week of his wages, and that would be more than acceptable to me. I know that continuing paying £250k per week is a heavy burden for the club, but at the same time it would free up another 100k per week of the wage bill, plus it would bring in £10m towards our transfer budget (not a lot I know, but every little bit helps).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 am
There are approx. 6 weeks left in the English transfer window, and so far there hasn't been any clubs linked with signing mustafi, ozil, mikki or elneny - not one club. Goes without saying that this is very worrying - not alone do we need sales to boost our buying power, but more importantly, fewer purchases will mean that we will have another season where dick will be forced to use the same useless c.unts that continue to hold us back and prevent any new beginning for the team/club. Are we pushing these players availability out there ? Normally clubs would play down a players availability to keep the price high, but these are fcukers that no-one wants, so we are gonna have to give them away for half nothing just to bring in some dosh and get them off wage bill

Speaking of removing players off the wage bill, is there a minimum that fans feel we take for ozil to get rid of him ? Personally I think that the Turkish clubs might be willing to pay £10m for him if we were willing to pay £250k per week of his wages, and that would be more than acceptable to me. I know that continuing paying £250k per week is a heavy burden for the club, but at the same time it would free up another 100k per week of the wage bill, plus it would bring in £10m towards our transfer budget (not a lot I know, but every little bit helps).
That was always going to be the case....still have Iwobi running up blind alleys, still have Ozil sulking and complaining of a bad back....and Xhaha our captain misplacing every other pass...as for Mustafi /Elneny no one in their right mind would buy those 2 useless fuckers
They aint going no where fast

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'd be fairly confident that we'll wrap up the Tierney transfer myself.

Raul has gotten his cock out for the first time as the chief transfer guru at the club and is now in a situation where he just can't be left with it hanging out there with all the world laughing and pointing at it.

If he botches his very first foray into the market then it will be very hard for him to be taken seriously in future deals which is why I think we'll do the deal even if we have to pay above the odds. He can't be seen to fail on this one.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:

I stand by what I said earlier about Ozil which is I would give him away for free to save £40M in wages for the next two years. That way the 'buying' club can pay him whatever they can agree and we could work that two year saving into an upfront package for a player and his wages. That way the departure is clean and he's gone. A wee bit drastic but there is nothing else to do. Manure have got the same problem with Sanchez and his £500M per week. Although at least Sanchez still turns up for Chile ironically.

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:46 am
augie wrote:

That was always going to be the case....still have Iwobi running up blind alleys, still have Ozil sulking and complaining of a bad back....and Xhaha our captain misplacing every other pass...as for Mustafi /Elneny no one in their right mind would buy those 2 useless fuckers
They aint going no where fast

And that means that we will be asking a manager (whether it be dick or someone else) to compete and improve with 2 hands tied behind his back, and then he will be blamed when we haven't improved enough to pacify some fans :roll:

Realistically, how much can we expect to improve with the likes of mustafi, mikki and ozil still in the dressing room ? These are not the type of players or people that I would want influencing the likes of nelson and smith-rowe, and yet they will hang around the place like a bad fart. What kind of attitude education are they gonna get from 2 players happy to hang around just for the money and an easy life ? Where will they learn the good habits and attitude from ? If there was one bad egg in a dressing room then the manager and other players could dilute their influence, but a dressing room like ours is over-run with c.unts like them, and nothing will change much until they are gone.

I was watching an espn fc clip on youtube earlier where they were talking about the possibility of fat lukaku leaving manure - the host of the programme asked the pundit/expert how much of a financial hit should manure be willing to take on him given the outlay they paid to get him there, and the pundit said that they should be willing to take whatever hit it is cos if you are aiming for a new start, then you have to be prepared to clear the decks altogether. He said previous contractual mistakes/mis-management, should not be allowed get in the way of a plan for a new start, and this logic should absolutely apply for us. At this stage I would be more than happy to offload mikki and elnenny for free to any club willing to take on their wages - maybe finding clubs willing to do this would be hard, but I'm sure the players would be happy to be available on a free, take smaller weekly wages, but get a bosman signing on fee to offset the drop in wages

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 am
augie wrote:

I stand by what I said earlier about Ozil which is I would give him away for free to save £40M in wages for the next two years. That way the 'buying' club can pay him whatever they can agree and we could work that two year saving into an upfront package for a player and his wages. That way the departure is clean and he's gone. A wee bit drastic but there is nothing else to do. Manure have got the same problem with Sanchez and his £500M per week. Although at least Sanchez still turns up for Chile ironically.

But Jock, the type of club that would be interested in him could not afford the type of package you are talking about - he is getting £18m+ per season in wages from us, and he is contracted for another 2 seasons. He has made it very clear that he has no interest in leaving AFC (why would he :roll: ), so I think that we can take it that he wants his money. I think that the only move that would tempt him is a move to turkey - his wife is turkish plus he is good buddies with the turkish pm, and I think that he would like to stick 2 fingers up at the german people too. I think those clubs could justify a £10m initial outlay and 100k per week in wages cos (a) they would paint it as them screwing us over and (b) he would be a hero to the turks cos of the way he has upset the germans

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

We agree mate. 500M GBP per week, (I can't find the pound sign on this Aussie keyboard) is a problem
:wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:57 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

We agree mate. 500M GBP per week, (I can't find the pound sign on this Aussie keyboard) is a problem
:lol:

Fucking racist Aussies. Somebody sandpapered over the £ key :rubchin: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:08 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:57 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

:lol:

Fucking racist Aussies. Somebody sandpapered over the £ key :rubchin: :lol:

Not a racist act mate, as it is being replaced with the Euro sign. So Rob and nutflush can frap themselves stupid about their European utopia. :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:31 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

But Jock, the type of club that would be interested in him could not afford the type of package you are talking about - he is getting £18m+ per season in wages from us, and he is contracted for another 2 seasons. He has made it very clear that he has no interest in leaving AFC (why would he :roll: ), so I think that we can take it that he wants his money. I think that the only move that would tempt him is a move to turkey - his wife is turkish plus he is good buddies with the turkish pm, and I think that he would like to stick 2 fingers up at the german people too. I think those clubs could justify a £10m initial outlay and 100k per week in wages cos (a) they would paint it as them screwing us over and (b) he would be a hero to the turks cos of the way he has upset the germans

It would take a bit of creative accounting I grant you Augie, but I think it could work. If we release him then he has to also factor in where he wants to be in 3 years time and the Turks could also do him a 3 year deal. But looking at your figures which are fair, let's squeeze them up a bit to £125k per week which over two years is £13M and then add back the £10M fee which we waive to get shot of him and you have a package worth £23M over 2 years to him. I'm sure the Turkish government would have some sort of favourable tax deal for him that beats our 45% rate - he should be paying £8.5M tax over 2 years (bet he doesn't pay that though :rubchin: ) so add half of that back in to the equation and we're upto £27M. Finally the cost of living is considerably cheaper in Turkey (consumer indices say about 45 - 50% cheaper :shock:) so by the time you factor that in as well then you have a 2 year package worth very close to what he gets here. If he doesn't take the hint then bench him for 2 years as I've had enough of him fannying about. If he really wants to play and proves it then that's fine too but the evidence doesn't really point that way.

augie

Post by augie »

Just when we all needed something to give us a pick me up for the long summer :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... lacazette/

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am
I'd be fairly confident that we'll wrap up the Tierney transfer myself.

Raul has gotten his cock out for the first time as the chief transfer guru at the club and is now in a situation where he just can't be left with it hanging out there with all the world laughing and pointing at it.

If he botches his very first foray into the market then it will be very hard for him to be taken seriously in future deals which is why I think we'll do the deal even if we have to pay above the odds. He can't be seen to fail on this one.
Offered now upped to £18 million