ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am
I'd be fairly confident that we'll wrap up the Tierney transfer myself.

Raul has gotten his cock out for the first time as the chief transfer guru at the club and is now in a situation where he just can't be left with it hanging out there with all the world laughing and pointing at it.

If he botches his very first foray into the market then it will be very hard for him to be taken seriously in future deals which is why I think we'll do the deal even if we have to pay above the odds. He can't be seen to fail on this one.
Offered now upped to £18 million
We'll just about meet the £25m valuation by deadline day :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am
I'd be fairly confident that we'll wrap up the Tierney transfer myself.

Raul has gotten his cock out for the first time as the chief transfer guru at the club and is now in a situation where he just can't be left with it hanging out there with all the world laughing and pointing at it.

If he botches his very first foray into the market then it will be very hard for him to be taken seriously in future deals which is why I think we'll do the deal even if we have to pay above the odds. He can't be seen to fail on this one.
Offered now upped to £18 million

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... e-comment/

augie

Post by augie »

This would be good news ……. if true

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm

I agree Augie , but would there be a price you would be prepared to sell , I would suggest no less than 60 million given his age and the fact it's Gazidis ! He may settle second season and really come into his own and be worth double next year , he has shown glimpses of becoming a top class player IMO.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm
augie wrote:

I agree Augie , but would there be a price you would be prepared to sell , I would suggest no less than 60 million given his age and the fact it's Gazidis ! He may settle second season and really come into his own and be worth double next year , he has shown glimpses of becoming a top class player IMO.

Agree with all of that - not unsellable imo, but the price has to be AT LEAST double what we paid for him

augie

Post by augie »

Time to let the man move on - get the money and replace him, or offer him in part exchange for Saliba IF you are sure he will be a good signing for the club

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:11 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm
augie wrote:

Agree with all of that - not unsellable imo, but the price has to be AT LEAST double what we paid for him
agreed still think we could get more after a second season though

Herd

Post by Herd »

If Arsenal were as good at winning games as we are fucking up transfers, we would be kings of Europe and the dominant force in English football !
I'm also very wary about buying anyone from Celtic as they haven't forgiven us for Martin HAyes !

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Time to let the man move on - get the money and replace him, or offer him in part exchange for Saliba IF you are sure he will be a good signing for the club

I forgot to include the link last night - I was referring to kos not torreira

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sky Sports News reported last night that Tottenham have agreed to pay a club-record fee of £65million for a Lyon midfielder

See that new stadium its really restricting their spending

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nice to see the Spuds are using the ever bountiful 'Self-sustaining Model' after building a new stadium :rubchin:

Makes you wonder if the people negotiating the building of the Soulless bowl were just as incompetent as those who negotiate our transfers :banghead:

Fucking hate those Spud bastards but it seriously makes you wonder at the Arsenal 'world' if they are able to outspend us in the transfer market even after building a new stadium which cost quite a bit more than ours :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

More Tierney talk from Charlie nick this time

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... acks-move/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 am
Nice to see the Spuds are using the ever bountiful 'Self-sustaining Model' after building a new stadium :rubchin:

Makes you wonder if the people negotiating the building of the Soulless bowl were just as incompetent as those who negotiate our transfers :banghead:

Fucking hate those Spud bastards but it seriously makes you wonder at the Arsenal 'world' if they are able to outspend us in the transfer market even after building a new stadium which cost quite a bit more than ours :cussing:
They also seem to have managed to build their new shit hole without the local council ripping them off...... :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:15 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

They also seem to have managed to build their new shit hole without the local council ripping them off...... :censored:

The thing about their new stadium that makes me really jealous/pissed off, is that their stands are still close to the pitch and that helps generate an atmosphere, whilst in the soulless bowl we are too far away from the pitch :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:15 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

The thing about their new stadium that makes me really jealous/pissed off, is that their stands are still close to the pitch and that helps generate an atmosphere, whilst in the soulless bowl we are too far away from the pitch :roll: :banghead:
In fairness though with the type of JCL cùnts we now get going to the Conglomerates Lego Bowl we could be right on the pitch and still have no atmosphere. Another by-product of the latter days of the Wenger / Lizard / Wiggy triumvirate of evil. :roll: