ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Real Madrid have entered into discussions with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's representatives. They are willing to include Luka Jović in any potential deal. [@DuncanCastles]

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Unless the talk is of a new manager first, followed by new defenders second.......everything else is irrelevant and a waste of money. I wouldn't give any manager a penny to spend on any new players until the backline is totally overhauled first

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm
Unless the talk is of a new manager first, followed by new defenders second.......everything else is irrelevant and a waste of money. I wouldn't give any manager a penny to spend on any new players until the backline is totally overhauled first
Umm wouldn't the new manager have to be given money to overhaul the backline...... :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm
Umm wouldn't the new manager have to be given money to overhaul the backline...... :?
Yes indeed - what I meant to say is that the money given to him should only be used to strengthen the backline. Whilst I'm not a fan of the owner interfering in football matters, Edu should be told along with the manager that any funds generated from sales can only be used for strengthening the backline. Honestly, any talk of attacking players is an absolute waste of time

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Reports in England & Spain are saying that Real Madrid are planning to offer £30m plus Dani Ceballos & Luka Jović to sign Arsenal striker Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang. #AFC could also pay a loan fee to get James Rodriguez for one-year & sign him the year after on a permament deal.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According Juve are interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette. #AFC want £70m to sell. Reports from England also said that Arsenal could sell the French striker as the Gunners open to re-negotiate with #CPFC to sign Wilfried Zaha. Player could cost less than £75m this time.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Reports in England & Spain are saying that Real Madrid are planning to offer £30m plus Dani Ceballos & Luka Jović to sign Arsenal striker Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang. #AFC could also pay a loan fee to get James Rodriguez for one-year & sign him the year after on a permament deal.
That's mental as Jovic has only been there 2 mins. Things must have gone badly wrong for him at RM....think I'd rather just have the cash for Auba if he's going to go.

James is about the last player we need at the moment.....so we'll probably end up with him and a raft of RM cast offs :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Mirror, #Arsenal are leading a clutch of Premier League clubs who want to bring on loan Roma star Chris Smalling back to English football next summer. https://t.co/kOzuh0ggc5

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ornstein | Unai Emery wanted to sign Harry Maguire to bolster his defence, Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey to reinforce central midfield and Wilfried Zaha on the wing.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Much of Arsenal's business in the January transfer window will depend on whether any of the players the club are prepared to part ways with will need replacing. Head of football Raul Sanllehi and technical director Edu will consider offers for Shkodran Mustafi and Granit Xhaka even though the latter has been an ever-present under Freddie Ljungberg.

Several of the club's top young prospects are also the subject of loan interest from German clubs.

Source Football. London

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I think it's about time that we bit the bullet and sold Xhaka and Mustafi for whatever we can get for them in January.

Then we send an invoice for the balance to TOF as he was the clown that bought them. I'm not an unfair man so likewise any profit will be forwarded to TOF too as that only seems right.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:31 pm
I think it's about time that we bit the bullet and sold Xhaka and Mustafi for whatever we can get for them in January.

Then we send an invoice for the balance to TOF as he was the clown that bought them. I'm not an unfair man so likewise any profit will be forwarded to TOF too as that only seems right.
I'd be tempted to pay people to take them off our hands :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:21 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

This ^^. But surely that is the only possible option? Anyone that's you know actually seen them play is not going to offer money for them.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:44 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:21 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

This ^^. But surely that is the only possible option? Anyone that's you know actually seen them play is not going to offer money for them.
Everton 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:29 pm
Much of Arsenal's business in the January transfer window will depend on whether any of the players the club are prepared to part ways with will need replacing. Head of football Raul Sanllehi and technical director Edu will consider offers for Shkodran Mustafi and Granit Xhaka even though the latter has been an ever-present under Freddie Ljungberg.

Several of the club's top young prospects are also the subject of loan interest from German clubs.

Source Football. London
And we all know how that turned out when Gnabri went out on loan. :? :banghead: