ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ornstein is on 5 live later to talk about the Arsenal including Zaha, Tierney, Torreira and Saliba so we could well get a glimpse of where these deals are. Apparently Zaha fancies a move to us which might work if we weren't skint so presumably Dick has to work out how we are going to fund the shortfall if we sell Torreira and then who can replace Torreira, preferably for free :roll: :lol:

Could we sell Iwobi to the Chinese :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Zaha is a fuck no from me. A shitter version of Danny Welwide..... the type of player that only looks good at a shit club but fails when they step up to the big time and are expected to deliver week in week out.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Zaha is a fuck no from me. A shitter version of Danny Welwide..... the type of player that only looks good at a shit club but fails when they step up to the big time and are expected to deliver week in week out.
He looked good when Palace won 3-2 at City last season, he has talent no doubt about that, academic though as he's out of our price range anyway :D
Thanks to the mismanagement at the club, we are shopping in the bargain basement

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Personally, I'd love us to get Zaha. Just what we need in my opinion and he'd do very well for us.

I'm just so gutted that Spuds are about to sign an excellent young guy for more money than our entire transfer budget and Utd have agreed a 50m fee for one of the best young right backs around in Wan-Bissaka.

The only signing we have made appears to be a guy called Arsene Wenger to sort out our transfer dealings this summer.......f***ing feels like it anyway, can't believe we move so slowly for players and we basically keep going up in 1m or maybe 500k installments each time we get turned down. Farsenal FC. :cry:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

What’s is all this BS about scum signing some no mark French bloke? Paper talk. Utter rubbish yet you lot getting knickers in a twist.

Chill

Yes we won’t spend any money but neither will they unless they flog some of their crown jewells

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

If Dick has gone all gooey eyed over Zaha and is pleading with the board to fund his purchase are we simply in danger of repeating the Gnabry fu.ck up with Nelson :roll:

Surely given our finances we would be better off spending our cash on Fraser and Tierney. Then Dick can spend whatever comes in from getting rid of the dross on a CB. I'm still not keen on his I'd rather win 4 - 3 'mantra' :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:33 pm
If Dick has gone all gooey eyed over Zaha and is pleading with the board to fund his purchase are we simply in danger of repeating the Gnabry fu.ck up with Nelson :roll:

Surely given our finances we would be better off spending our cash on Fraser and Tierney. Then Dick can spend whatever comes in from getting rid of the dross on a CB. I'm still not keen on his I'd rather win 4 - 3 'mantra' :rubchin:
Zaha is out of our price range, unless we sell Auba/Torreira, as for Fraser and Tierney they won't pull up any trees, although Fraser alongside Calum Wilson have played well against us, but given our shambles of a defence hardly surprising

augie

Post by augie »

Tbh I don't share the confidence of rodders that we will get this deal done

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... nsfer-News

We are making the type of insulting offers that will turn clubs off dealing with us - if I was celtic I would tell AFC to fcuk off and don't call again :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Zaha is out of our price range, unless we sell Auba/Torreira, as for Fraser and Tierney they won't pull up any trees, although Fraser alongside Calum Wilson have played well against us, but given our shambles of a defence hardly surprising

They may not pull up any trees but then again they might. Both are decent solid players, a clear improvement on what we currently have in those positions and they might just well prove any doubters wrong. Tierney will turn out to be an absolute steal and I can't think of anyone else in the PL that we could afford who plays out wide. Carrasco for that money is a real gamble given that he thought China was a good career move for him.

We're just going to have to get used to the £15 - 25M market :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Forget signing players capable of pulling up tree's cos we are not shopping at that level anymore - it really comes down to your level of expectations are for the type of money we will be spending, and I would suggest that you will only feel more hurt when the £20m-£25m signings don't turn out to be world class

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

They may not pull up any trees but then again they might. Both are decent solid players, a clear improvement on what we currently have in those positions and they might just well prove any doubters wrong. Tierney will turn out to be an absolute steal and I can't think of anyone else in the PL that we could afford who plays out wide. Carrasco for that money is a real gamble given that he thought China was a good career move for him.

Agreed an upgrade on what we currently have, but teams like Wolves are full of solid players

wibble

Post by wibble »

Has anyone seen tierney play much-is he actually any good?

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm
Has anyone seen tierney play much-is he actually any good?

I have seen him play many times, and for me his an outstanding modern day full back - pacy, gets up and down the line, and likes a good tackle. I was a big believer in Robertson before he broke into the victims starting 11, but for me Tierney (2 years younger) could be even better

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Personally, I'd love us to get Zaha. Just what we need in my opinion and he'd do very well for us.

I'm just so gutted that Spuds are about to sign an excellent young guy for more money than our entire transfer budget and Utd have agreed a 50m fee for one of the best young right backs around in Wan-Bissaka.

The only signing we have made appears to be a guy called Arsene Wenger to sort out our transfer dealings this summer.......f***ing feels like it anyway, can't believe we move so slowly for players and we basically keep going up in 1m or maybe 500k installments each time we get turned down. Farsenal FC. :cry:
I haven’t a scooby doo about the £65 million pound guy.but do know he was bought previously for £7m

Wan-Bissaka was a sub for the England under 21’s but is worth £50m

Football has gone bonkers

Didn’t anybody listen when Arsene stated categorically that rising transfer prices are unsustainable and that the whole market would crash ?
Last edited by StuartL on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Agreed an upgrade on what we currently have, but teams like Wolves are full of solid players

Yup they sure are but that's about our level these days :x We need players who have a bit of ability and who are prepared to put a shift in. Overpaid fannies just wandering about the park without a care in the world are a luxury we can't afford anymore.

I've seen Tierney play a few times at Pittodrie (Aberdeen) and a couple of times at Parkhead and he always impresses. His positional awareness is good and so is his attitude from what I've seen. He's a proper defender, athletic and strong. I've never seen him troubled by SPL opponents but then that's not saying too much. I'm confident he will cope with the change and quite surprised that it's taken so long for a PL club to sign him tbh.