ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 pm
Just did some research.....I don't remember this at all :suicide:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/granit-xha ... e%20bench.

May / June 2018 so that would have been just before wengerCUNT fuckedOFF then. He announces his departure in April of 2018, then ties up the few remaining strands of business before leaving us in the crisis we are still trying to recover from.

Yet another parting gift from Le Old Fool no doubt. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 pm
Just did some research.....I don't remember this at all :suicide:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/granit-xha ... e%20bench.

May / June 2018 so that would have been just before wengerCUNT fuckedOFF then. He announces his departure in April of 2018, then ties up the few remaining strands of business before leaving us in the crisis we are still trying to recover from.

Yet another parting gift from Le Old Fool no doubt. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
And of course the tools that employed him and gave him the freedom to do so! Just inconceivable that any business would allow a departing head to be involved in anything like it

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am
Injuries, greed and the covid apocalypse, in varying degrees depending on the player, prevented us from offloading Sokrites, Ozil, Kolasinac and Chambers during the last window.
So one would imagine in equal measure, those factors applied to the previous manager too (COVID apart)?
Absolutely. I criticized Emery for a lot of things but not being able to offload the dross definitely wasn't one of them, the blame for that rests squarely with Ivan and Wanka.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Injuries, greed and the covid apocalypse, in varying degrees depending on the player, prevented us from offloading Sokrites, Ozil, Kolasinac and Chambers during the last window.
So one would imagine in equal measure, those factors applied to the previous manager too (COVID apart)?
Absolutely. I criticized Emery for a lot of things but not being able to offload the dross definitely wasn't one of them, the blame for that rests squarely with Ivan and Wanka.
Arsehole Wenker - the holder of the two greatest myths known to man.

1. The Great Economist
2. The Developer of Youth Talent

Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Perez, Chambers, Cech, Elneny, Lacazette high up on his more recent signings list - total transfer fees roughly £215m. In wages - fuck knows - pushing £1m per week surely?
One decent big money signining in Auba - hardly the world's greatest risk given his scoring record in one of Europe's biggest leagues

The 'developer of great youth talent' - yes, remind me of all those fantastic centre forwards and centre halves that have gone on to be club legends. The bloke exploited youth employment laws in France and Spain, and nicked their best talents when those countries clubs couldn't offer professional contracts at 16/17 years old - nicking them at a time when they'd produced their best generation of footballers in decades. As DB10 said, sadly Cashley Hole was our last properly home grown world class talent - jesus he started playing for us practically 20 years ago, before we allowed ourselves to be mugged off over £5k per week and allow the start of the decade long Mourinho rimming.

People can't believe it when I say that the bloke did as much damage in his last 10 years, as he did good in his first 12.

When he joined us we were a UEFA Cup team. When he left.......yep, you guessed it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: Okay, this is going to sound REALLY "Stupid"..But I actually somehow thought, well hoped really that it would take us about 3 - 5 years to undo all the Bad things that we had inherited from the Wenger/Gazidis period.

But I realise now that it could well be some 10 years before we are able to finally rid ourselves of his ghost and his foolish decisions and of course that will depend on the owner wiggyCUNT & his son EatSHITand SMILE for the camera.

:wailer: :wailer: :wailer:

:suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:55 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Arsehole Wenker - the holder of the two greatest myths known to man.

1. The Great Economist
2. The Developer of Youth Talent

Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Perez, Chambers, Cech, Elneny, Lacazette high up on his more recent signings list - total transfer fees roughly £215m. In wages - fuck knows - pushing £1m per week surely?
One decent big money signining in Auba - hardly the world's greatest risk given his scoring record in one of Europe's biggest leagues

The 'developer of great youth talent' - yes, remind me of all those fantastic centre forwards and centre halves that have gone on to be club legends. The bloke exploited youth employment laws in France and Spain, and nicked their best talents when those countries clubs couldn't offer professional contracts at 16/17 years old - nicking them at a time when they'd produced their best generation of footballers in decades. As DB10 said, sadly Cashley Hole was our last properly home grown world class talent - jesus he started playing for us practically 20 years ago, before we allowed ourselves to be mugged off over £5k per week and allow the start of the decade long Mourinho rimming.

People can't believe it when I say that the bloke did as much damage in his last 10 years, as he did good in his first 12.

When he joined us we were a UEFA Cup team. When he left.......yep, you guessed it
But the Facts are there for all to see, how can they Not see it. :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With the January window looming, we are currently not being linked with any player. Only rumours of players leaving. Does this mean the media think we are getting things right...finally???

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:58 pm
With the January window looming, we are currently not being linked with any player. Only rumours of players leaving. Does this mean the media think we are getting things right...finally???
Thought there were links with Edouard at Celtic the forward....he is 22,

Midz

Post by Midz »

Nos89 wrote:
It'll be a good window even if it's only players leaving as long as the *word censored* leave permanently.
I thought we'd spent all our cash on Partey but if we somehow have any left then I'd be happy if we spend it on someone good and not another Pepe.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Not surprising really - look at some of the wages that are disappearing out of the club at the moment on absolute c.unts. Its clear that he won't ever play Ozil or Sokratis again, whilst Mustafi is a cup player for him. Those three alone taking >£500k per week out of the club.

When all the centre halves are fit (heaven forbid) he will have Gabriel, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Saliba, Chambers and Mari (with Mavropanos out on loan for the umpteenth time). Its the one time that I will give the owners the slightest amount of credit if they are saying that we need to ship some out - 8 centre halves is absolutely fucking ridiculous.......and when you think he sometimes plays Xhaka, Tierney or Kolasinac on the left of a back 3, its an utter joke

Compare that to attacking central midfielders where we have errrrm.......Smith Rowe and Willock at best!

The squad is totally unbalanced and if we are going to bring in more creative players then 3 of those centre halves should be dumped out as a minimum

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:29 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Not surprising really - look at some of the wages that are disappearing out of the club at the moment on absolute c.unts. Its clear that he won't ever play Ozil or Sokratis again, whilst Mustafi is a cup player for him. Those three alone taking >£500k per week out of the club.

When all the centre halves are fit (heaven forbid) he will have Gabriel, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Saliba, Chambers and Mari (with Mavropanos out on loan for the umpteenth time). Its the one time that I will give the owners the slightest amount of credit if they are saying that we need to ship some out - 8 centre halves is absolutely fucking ridiculous.......and when you think he sometimes plays Xhaka, Tierney or Kolasinac on the left of a back 3, its an utter joke

Compare that to attacking central midfielders where we have errrrm.......Smith Rowe and Willock at best!

The squad is totally unbalanced and if we are going to bring in more creative players then 3 of those centre halves should be dumped out as a minimum
Ooooooh choices, choices, out of interest who do we get rid of as the three :rubchin:

Mustafi is obvious, and probably Sokratis but I'm not sure who is the worst of the rest, I know Luiz seems the other obvious choice but his experience compared to the others may be required at least until the youngsters bed in fully.....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:29 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Ooooooh choices, choices, out of interest who do we get rid of as the three :rubchin:

Mustafi is obvious, and probably Sokratis but I'm not sure who is the worst of the rest, I know Luiz seems the other obvious choice but his experience compared to the others may be required at least until the youngsters bed in fully.....
If he isn't going to play him when fit then I'd suggest Chambers - young enough and English enough to get some cash in !

augie

Post by augie »

So mislintat, a very shrewd operator in the transfer market, has proven to be a loss - who'd have thought it ? :rubchin: :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ony-adams/

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

no great fan of his, but why is sokratis persona non grata when he, to me at least, is far better than mustafi?? hes painfully slow but schooled kane more often than not for example.

As for the window, the scum being linked with eriksen coming back, more tax payers money no doubt, whilst not anything remotely special imo, hes way better than anything we have with ozil in the cold, so would take him on loan any day...never gonna happen mind, but maybe as a f you to spurs, as he didnt leave on best of terms?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:58 pm
So mislintat, a very shrewd operator in the transfer market, has proven to be a loss - who'd have thought it ? :rubchin: :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ony-adams/
to be fair augie had we signed him, we all know he would have rotted in the reserves for 5 years with a few loans and then been sold on the cheap...