ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:24 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:47 pm
Not sure why we aren't pursuing Werner from RBL. Only because Liverpool is at the top of the race doesn't mean we can't snatch him (albeit with what? No CL or EL, No title competition, early Carabao Exit and decent FA Cup run).

Because he is distinctly average maybe ? Have you seen the guy play for germany ? In the german national team he scored 2 goals in 13 appearances in 2018, and whilst last years 2 in 6 games is an improvement, I still don't see the guy as anywhere near world class
Who would your world class hitter be that'd be willing to come to a club with no European or league ambition and an average FA Cup run for the foreseeable future :D
I think the fact that he's starting Eddie answers that question :(

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:24 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:47 pm
Not sure why we aren't pursuing Werner from RBL. Only because Liverpool is at the top of the race doesn't mean we can't snatch him (albeit with what? No CL or EL, No title competition, early Carabao Exit and decent FA Cup run).

Because he is distinctly average maybe ? Have you seen the guy play for germany ? In the german national team he scored 2 goals in 13 appearances in 2018, and whilst last years 2 in 6 games is an improvement, I still don't see the guy as anywhere near world class
Who would your world class hitter be that'd be willing to come to a club with no European or league ambition and an average FA Cup run for the foreseeable future :D

Let me answer you this way - with our limited transfer funds, we cannot afford to splash out the type of money that it would take to buy him, unless he is proven at the top level. Personally I would rather spend half that amount on a young less high profile striker, and maybe the other half on a right back (for example). We cant afford to splash big money and fail (see pepe)

augie

Post by augie »

A few papers today revealing that artea is to STEP UP his efforts to sign john stones in the summer - just when you thought our defence couldn't get any worse :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Alexandre Lacazette is being tracked by Atletico Madri d and will not be retained by the Gunners, who aim to recover cash in order to strengthen this summer. Mikel Arteta does not consider the player as untransferable.
https://t.co/QyZabiVxGA

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am
Alexandre Lacazette is being tracked by Atletico Madri d and will not be retained by the Gunners, who aim to recover cash in order to strengthen this summer. Mikel Arteta does not consider the player as untransferable.
He seems to going down the Giroud path. Scoring a few goals and then taking a wee break for a while

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

We are at the point now where character is more important than quality - I am fed up looking at technically good players collapsing under the pressure of playing for a big club and in games where they are expected to win :roll: Leadership is still lacking in the squad and those qualities should be prioritised above all else imo. John Stones and his ilk can only make that worse

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
He seems to going down the Giroud path. Scoring a few goals and then taking a wee break for a while
Possibly the odd dump or two as well

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Hmmm tbh I don't think Laca is as good as Giroud was. :shock:

I think you are right though in that they are similar. They both do not score enough and both are prone to terrible 9 and 10 game goal droughts. But at least with Giroud he scored some absolute wold class belters at times and his hold up lay off work with Ramsey was very effective for a while. Anything Laca used to bring - be it goals or effective work rate - has all but disappeared.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:54 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Possibly the odd dump or two as well
He can't because of all the arseholes panic buying the bog roll

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I think you are right though in that they are similar. They both do not score enough and both are prone to terrible 9 and 10 game goal droughts. But at least with Giroud he scored some absolute wold class belters at times and his hold up lay off work with Ramsey was very effective for a while. Anything Laca used to bring - be it goals or effective work rate - has all but disappeared.
Giroud also had beautiful hair

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Giroud also had beautiful hair
:lol:

True.

Though he was somewhat pockmarked. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Arsenal want to activate Thomas Partey's €50m release clause this summer. Arsenal are very serious about getting a deal done and they have already approached the player's agent to start negotiations. (@libertaddigital) https://t.co/9FY1Zb8V6a

He is utter, utter dogshit - one of the worst, most brainless defensive midfielders in europe :oops: :oops:
He looked pretty, pretty, pretty good tonight. At £45m would be a great addition to the midfield, as long as Ghana don't qualify for the African cup of nation.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 am
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal want to activate Thomas Partey's €50m release clause this summer. Arsenal are very serious about getting a deal done and they have already approached the player's agent to start negotiations. (@libertaddigital) https://t.co/9FY1Zb8V6a

He is utter, utter dogshit - one of the worst, most brainless defensive midfielders in europe :oops: :oops:
He looked pretty, pretty, pretty good tonight. At £45m would be a great addition to the midfield, as long as Ghana don't qualify for the African cup of nation.

The victims midfield is one of the most bland vanilla line up's in world football, and yet last night they dominated the game - the ox created the goal with a great run and cross, knocked in another great cross for mane (who was just offside), the dutch guy scored, and Henderson was the driving force for the victims, so you tell me how good partey was :rubchin: He is playing defensive midfield in an extremely defensive team, so it is hard to measure his quality in that team - ask him to plug the holes in a midfield like our's and see how good he is

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:05 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 am
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

The victims midfield is one of the most bland vanilla line up's in world football, and yet last night they dominated the game - the ox created the goal with a great run and cross, knocked in another great cross for mane (who was just offside), the dutch guy scored, and Henderson was the driving force for the victims, so you tell me how good partey was :rubchin: He is playing defensive midfield in an extremely defensive team, so it is hard to measure his quality in that team - ask him to plug the holes in a midfield like our's and see how good he is
Whilst i agree with this Augie, the only question really needing asked is, is he worse than Xhaka? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

My dead Grandma is better than Xhakatard.