ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Spanish rags reporting that Auba doesn't want to renew his contract. Seeking a move to Barcawhores.
:popcorn:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Footbal:

Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, has still not renewed his contract with Arsenal because he is waiting on Barcelona. (Mirror)

Arsenal have stepped up their interest in Red Bull Salzburg forward Erling Haaland, 19, after inviting the striker's father, former Leeds midfielder Alf-Inge Haaland, to visit their training ground. (Sport Bild, via Metro)

Arsenal scouts are watching Hungary and Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, 19. The Gunners see him as a potential replacement for Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka, 27, who was stripped of the Gunners captaincy after reacting angrily to fans.

Arsenal and Liverpool have been linked with Red Bull Salzburg's German forward Karim Adeyemi, 17.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:00 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:31 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Pretiosa Excremento, Arcu Defectum

Best I can do, but I quite like it.

:lol:

Excremento and Defectum has a certain ring to it :rubchin:

I love it when you talk latin to me :shock: :lol:

I understand that completely, but sadly, the missus doesn't seem keen on what I consider my Cicero-type Latin, romantic eloquency.

She usually responds with the phrase, Fuckus Offtatum.

Interestingly, have never been able to find it in any Latin dictionary, but the fierce look on her boat race leads me to understand that she isn't responding affectionately.

Being an intterlllect I can explain your missus' use of latin as she is clearly using the classical spoken latin aka 'vulgar' whereas you are probably more used to the written form aka 'High Latin'.

Basically means you are the better person but I fear she will resort to type if you tell her this and may even call you a cuntus maximus too. I would advise you to tread carefully :lol:

Good Lord, I see you have the same Latin dictionary that she clearly has !

You’re right, I prefer the noble and scholarly High Latin and if anyone has a problem with that they can osculum mihi asinum !

:D
Me oh my, so the rumours are true :shock: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Pretiosa Excremento, Arcu Defectum

Best I can do, but I quite like it.

I understand that completely, but sadly, the missus doesn't seem keen on what I consider my Cicero-type Latin, romantic eloquency.

Interestingly, have never been able to find it in any Latin dictionary, but the fierce look on her boat race leads me to understand that she isn't responding affectionately.

Being an intterlllect I can explain your missus' use of latin as she is clearly using the classical spoken latin aka 'vulgar' whereas you are probably more used to the written form aka 'High Latin'.

Basically means you are the better person but I fear she will resort to type if you tell her this and may even call you a cuntus maximus too. I would advise you to tread carefully :lol:

You’re right, I prefer the noble and scholarly High Latin and if anyone has a problem with that they can osculum mihi asinum !

"sanctulus naturale eius debent" :mrgreen: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Will you and Jock please just shut the fuck up !

Oh, sorry, that was English wasn’t it ? Oh well.

:-P :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Will you and Jock please just shut the fuck up !

Oh, sorry, that was English wasn’t it ? Oh well.

:-P :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'm putting Pepe in the Chamakh and Gervinho category if that's alright with everyone. Doesn't want the ball, bottles every chance, scored a few goals in France and will never make it in any other league.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:40 pm
I'm putting Pepe in the Chamakh and Gervinho category if that's alright with everyone. Doesn't want the ball, bottles every chance, scored a few goals in France and will never make it in any other league.
There's a word used up here which is perfect for him..Jobbies.. :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:50 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:40 pm
There's a word used up here which is perfect for him..Jobbies.. :oops:
Over here he'd be a shitehawk. Or a poxbottle.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://angryofislington.com/2019/02/08 ... oes-it-do/

AFC are stinking rich but not spending any!

John F

Post by John F »

The mail is reporting that Real Madrid is offering 70mil and James Rodriguez for Auba. The club might have to take it for a 30-year-old who may just play up if he can't go.

augie

Post by augie »

John F wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 pm
The mail is reporting that Real Madrid is offering 70mil and James Rodriguez for Auba. The club might have to take it for a 30-year-old who may just play up if he can't go.

Wouldn't even need to make a second bid if I was in charge - £70m + james is crazy money for auba, and I wouldn't hesitate to accept it. Ideally I would rather take straight cash offer of £90m-£95m+, but if that wasn't a possibility then I would absolutely take their offer.
That type of cash should be able to bring us in a quality centre back

John F

Post by John F »

augie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Wouldn't even need to make a second bid if I was in charge - £70m + james is crazy money for auba, and I wouldn't hesitate to accept it. Ideally I would rather take straight cash offer of £90m-£95m+, but if that wasn't a possibility then I would absolutely take their offer.
That type of cash should be able to bring us in a quality centre back
I would too but you can bet the club would use a wedge of the money to balance the books after paying Emery and his staff off and getting a new manager.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Real Madrid to offer '£70 million and James Rodriguez' in a bid to lure Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to the Bernabeu https://t.co/2D1IL0cb7K

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

@JanAageFjortoft
From a very good source in Germany:

Klopp and Liverpool favorite to get Dortmund-player Sancho.

Sancho wants to leave the club already in January
That would be a Man City level depth signing in attack if they got him.