ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm
I have a really horrible feeling that Bale is somehow going to end up back at Spurs on loan :?
he's constantly injured in La Liga so the PL probably isn't his best fit

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm
I have a really horrible feeling that Bale is somehow going to end up back at Spurs on loan :?
he's constantly injured in La Liga so the PL probably isn't his best fit

By design or by choice ? I think that he has been treated shockingly by madrid and their fans if I'm honest, but the one thing I will say in their defence is that bale made zero effort to integrate himself into the team or the country - he didn't bother to learn Spanish at all, and it makes me wonder if some of his injuries were a case in him not wanting to be a part of that

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Bale was a great player but thick AF.

Saliba spotted at a St Etienne game in the US last night with Auba and AMN. Saliba did not play for St Etienne.

augie

Post by augie »

I think that dick and the power brokers need to start accepting that signing Zaha is but a pipe dream that wont happen this summer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ected.html

augie

Post by augie »

Oh rodders ………..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-celtic/

C.unts have a chance to sign a really promising player who could be our left back for the next decade, and of course they fcuk it up by offering fcuk all money with bonuses if we win trophies that we look a million miles away from winning :roll: Useless b.astards :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

I knew they would fcuk it up

wibble

Post by wibble »

The bbc are reporting that the loan deal for Dani Cabellos is going ahead. Can’t say I know much about him but welcome aboard!

Now sign some defenders!!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 pm
Oh rodders ………..

C.unts have a chance to sign a really promising player who could be our left back for the next decade, and of course they fcuk it up by offering fcuk all money with bonuses if we win trophies that we look a million miles away from winning :roll: Useless b.astards :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

I knew they would make an arse of it aswell Augie :cry: useless ringpieces.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:14 pm
augie wrote:
Oh rodders ………..

I knew they would make an arse of it aswell Augie :cry: useless ringpieces.
The sweaties are waiting to see if they get into the chumps league and have the money that brings. We know that and are calling their bluff. Do their want guaranteed money now or gamble on getting into the competition proper? My feeling about this is that it's a typical negotiating tactic and that if we've been on about getting him for this long, the chances are, we will get him. This isn't the old regime running things.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Oh rodders ………..

I read somewhere that Tierney didn't want to leave Celtic just yet, but also that personal terms were agreed between Arsenal and the player. All sounds a bit a no starter. I reckon if Celtic got knocked out the Champions League before the 3rd round knockout, they'd sell him to us straight away. Whilst, they have a chance of qualifying to the group stages then they have leverage. The change in the deadline for the transfer window could work against us. I reckon he'll come in January if he's fit and out of all european competition.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

I’m fucking done with this tinpot joke of a club.

Tierney is exactly what we need , young , British , hard in the tackle. I guarantee he would be one of our most solid and consistent performers for years to come.

He’s 22 , promising, eager to come. Fucking disgrace we can’t just pay the £25 million in the one go and be done with it.

Also what does it suggest to the player about his value to us? If I was Tierney I would be fucked off and thinking to myself they must not want me that much if they are penny pinching to the point of bonuses IF we win a trophy?

Honestly it’s fucking pathetic and I just cannot be bothered anymore.

If we lose out on this incredibly logical and sensible signing I’ve lost faith totally in this shit show of a football team.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:09 am
augie wrote:
Oh rodders ………..

I read somewhere that Tierney didn't want to leave Celtic just yet, but also that personal terms were agreed between Arsenal and the player. All sounds a bit a no starter. I reckon if Celtic got knocked out the Champions League before the 3rd round knockout, they'd sell him to us straight away. Whilst, they have a chance of qualifying to the group stages then they have leverage. The change in the deadline for the transfer window could work against us. I reckon he'll come in January if he's fit and out of all european competition.

Dunno where you read that buddy cos every newspaper report that I have read has said that originally it was Celtic's decision to sell him, but now he is very keen to join us.
Come in January ? Another down the line signing ? Fcuk that

augie

Post by augie »

scotgooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 am

Tierney is exactly what we need , young , British , hard in the tackle. I guarantee he would be one of our most solid and consistent performers for years to come.

He’s 22 , promising, eager to come. Fucking disgrace we can’t just pay the £25 million in the one go and be done with it.

Also what does it suggest to the player about his value to us? If I was Tierney I would be fucked off and thinking to myself they must not want me that much if they are penny pinching to the point of bonuses IF we win a trophy?

If we lose out on this incredibly logical and sensible signing I’ve lost faith totally in this shit show of a football team.

You left out the word "cheap" - palace right back around same age with fcuk all experience at the top level goes to manure for £50m, and we are penny pinching over a deal for a FAR more experienced player for £25m :roll: If we dont get Tierney, the whole club can go fcuk themselves cos it should be impossible to fcuk up any deal as cheap as this

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 am
scotgooner wrote:

You left out the word "cheap" - palace right back around same age with fcuk all experience at the top level goes to manure for £50m, and we are penny pinching over a deal for a FAR more experienced player for £25m :roll: If we dont get Tierney, the whole club can go fcuk themselves cos it should be impossible to fcuk up any deal as cheap as this
Yeah bang on mate!

£25 million is a very fair price in this fucked up market.

Every Celtic fan I’ve spoke to up here can’t say a bad word about him and would be absolutely gutted to see him go.

I just think it gives the player a horrible impression. As well as the whole world who are just laughing at how pathetically tight we are coming across. Pay the fucking money you horrible twats!

augie

Post by augie »

scotgooner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 am
scotgooner wrote:

Yeah bang on mate!

£25 million is a very fair price in this fucked up market.

Every Celtic fan I’ve spoke to up here can’t say a bad word about him and would be absolutely gutted to see him go.

I just think it gives the player a horrible impression. As well as the whole world who are just laughing at how pathetically tight we are coming across. Pay the fucking money you horrible twats!

I don't know if it is a policy introduced by our American's glitzy mindset, or if it is a galactio's policy carried from our former la liga personnel, but I dunno how anyone can justify offering between £45m-£65m (depending on what report you read) for a winger that isn't a priority, and yet refusing to pay £25m for a good player in a position of urgent need of improving :roll: Is it the star process where the club feels that we need a big exciting signing to put bums on seats ? Is it so that they can point to zaha as the signing that would excite the fans like they said they would get ? It looks for all the world that it is a style over substance project that can only bring more failure

Personally I never bought into the suggestion that the £45m transfer budget thing was just a smokescreen put out by the club when in fact we have over £100m to spend - you could back up that theory if you spend your meagre funds on tierney, saliba, another centre half by now and then magically scrapped the funds together in the last few days to get zaha, but this just looks like a club with no resources trying to stretch things to an impossible level :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I would settle for Tierney being the only signing this summer.

until we start to improve the defence anything else we do is pointless anyway.