ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm beginning to think that Arteta has little say in who is being kept, sold, loaned etc. I think this is turning into the Edu show. Arteta is nothing but a coach and as it turns out a not particularly good one, but exactly what those at the top wanted. It would explain the reason Sven Mislintat seemed to be so quickly out the door.

Also read rather worryingly that Martinelli has picked up a fairly serious knee injury in training and may be out for a while.

I really cant understand the Luiz deal other than it being some sort of Brazilian nepotism, he has been utterly crap since he came and has cost us a fair few needless goals and 2 or 3 red cards now not to mention the ensuing points lost.

Mari I can almost understand, cheap and young and probably not seen enough of him due to injuries to make a fair assessment.

Soares was pretty decent at RB for Soton, also if Bellerin is off then a definite area of need. Whether he can get over his injuries is another matter.

Again all this hangs on who leaves this summer and what money we can get for them, potentially PEA, Laca, Torriera, Bellerin, Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Guendozi if rumours are true, Holding, Chambers, AMN in fact I'm not sure if anyone is unsaleable...... currently.

I dont see exactly what the rebuilding strategy seems to be and for me those at the top are seeing something completely different from those of us on here whom watch the matches, it is completely baffling and it just feels to me like we're int some surreal equivalent to Wenger's project youth......possibly without the youth, so Project ????? fuck knows :rubchin: :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 am
I'm beginning to think that Arteta has little say in who is being kept, sold, loaned etc.
You only need to look at the agents of the players we have signed/are linked with to know exactly what's going on, it's an absolute cluster fuck :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Arteta has little say in who is being kept, sold, loaned etc. I think this is turning into the Edu show. Arteta is nothing but a coach and as it turns out a not particularly good one, but exactly what those at the top wanted. It would explain the reason Sven Mislintat seemed to be so quickly out the door.

Also read rather worryingly that Martinelli has picked up a fairly serious knee injury in training and may be out for a while.

I really cant understand the Luiz deal other than it being some sort of Brazilian nepotism, he has been utterly crap since he came and has cost us a fair few needless goals and 2 or 3 red cards now not to mention the ensuing points lost.

Mari I can almost understand, cheap and young and probably not seen enough of him due to injuries to make a fair assessment.

Soares was pretty decent at RB for Soton, also if Bellerin is off then a definite area of need. Whether he can get over his injuries is another matter.

Again all this hangs on who leaves this summer and what money we can get for them, potentially PEA, Laca, Torriera, Bellerin, Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Guendozi if rumours are true, Holding, Chambers, AMN in fact I'm not sure if anyone is unsaleable...... currently.

I dont see exactly what the rebuilding strategy seems to be and for me those at the top are seeing something completely different from those of us on here whom watch the matches, it is completely baffling and it just feels to me like we're int some surreal equivalent to Wenger's project youth......possibly without the youth, so Project ????? fuck knows :rubchin: :?

And again, I'm not disagreeing with any of that as such, but other people and websites are blaming raul and some super agent (kia I think) - basically the blame lies everywhere bar with arteta for some people (not me btw).

Arteta not having a say in who is bought I can accept. Arteta not having a say when it comes to selling someone cos their wage demands are too (possibly auba and saka), I can understand. However there is no way in the world that I will accept that he has no say in who is kept and whop is sold. How would it make sense for any club to retain a player (luiz) on 120k per week if the manager says that he doesnt rate him and wants shot of him ? Would a financially stretched club agree to tie up that much on a player who will be sitting in the stand ? If the club insist on pushing the likes of luiz on arteta against his will (which I dont believe), what would it say about arteta as a manager if he then was playing them in the team ? Spineless would be the word I would use - arteta could walk away on that basis with his rep intact (or even boosted), but to stay in those circumstances would tarnish him for life

You list a lot of players as potential departures there so let me narrow it down a bit - xhaka, ozil, bellerin and possibly laca will be going nowhere - he will dispense of guendouzi, maitland-niles, torreira, and possibly holding, whilst auba and saka will depart having failed to agree new deals. Arteta seems to have tied his mast to the older players, and imo that will be the rock he perishes on

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 pm
🚨 Hearing Arsenal have signed:
🔴 David Luiz to a 1-year contract
🔴 Cedric Soares to a 4-year contract 🔴 Pablo Mari to a 4-year contract
The defenders will be part of Mikel Arteta’s rebuilding job at #AFC
@TheAthleticUK: https://t.co/qDXi0s3GLI
That shower of shit will suit a relegation team perfectly....

Then theres Xaha, Sokratis, Willock, Mailtland Niles and Mustafi all average to worse

and Ozil the malingerer on £350K a week...good luck with that lot Arteta!
Last edited by Redarmy on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Arteta has little say in who is being kept, sold, loaned etc.
You only need to look at the agents of the players we have signed/are linked with to know exactly what's going on, it's an absolute cluster fuck :banghead:
Name & Shame Rodders mate - Who are these agents ye speak of?

How they can even think of giving sideshow bob another year is un-believable.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (For those who like a wager they could probably get decent odds on the useless twatt being sent off again - at least twice next season)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

How they can even think of giving sideshow bob another year is un-believable.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (For those who like a wager they could probably get decent odds on the useless twatt being sent off again - at least twice next season)
Kia Joorabchian mainly, who's Edu's agent, Cedric Soares's agent, David Luiz's agent and also a big pal of Raul's. Giving a four year contract to Soares in particular is absolute insanity, he'll be 29 when the new season kicks off and has already cost us 5 million quid for the January loan deal (even though we could have picked him up for free this summer) and after all that he still hasn't kicked a ball for the club. Jesus fucking wept.

The you look at the list of players we're being linked with this summer - Willian (agent - Kia), Neto (agent - Kia), Coutinho (agent - Kia - although that one is complete BS) and then there was that PSG left back we flirted majorily with last January , Layvin Kurzawa who's agent is......well you already guessed it.

He's just firing players from his client book at the club and they're firing cash back at him, no wonder Sven fucked off. Utterly depressing.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Worryingly the club will now see that as our defence sorted for next season, with the 3 new contracts signed (Soares, Mari and Luiz) and Saliba finally joining there won’t be any more additions.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wibble wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm
Worryingly the club will now see that as our defence sorted for next season, with the 3 new contracts signed (Soares, Mari and Luiz) and Saliba finally joining there won’t be any more additions.
Mari looks slow as fuck...Premiership stuffed full of pacey forwards who will leave him for dead

Hoping Saliba is the real deal, but no doubt wil be a nervous wreck playing alongside the dross we have

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta confident Bukayo Saka will soon sign a new contract at #AFC -

“I am very positive that everything is going to be done with Bukayo very shortly.

“The communications between the club, agents and the family has been going on for months and is very fluent."

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Saint-Etienne boss Claude Puel has claimed the French club are in talks with Arsenal about extending William Saliba's loan spell for a further month.
The Sun

odds on to get injured

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Kia Joorabchian mainly, who's Edu's agent, Cedric Soares's agent, David Luiz's agent and also a big pal of Raul's. Giving a four year contract to Soares in particular is absolute insanity, he'll be 29 when the new season kicks off and has already cost us 5 million quid for the January loan deal (even though we could have picked him up for free this summer) and after all that he still hasn't kicked a ball for the club. Jesus fucking wept.

The you look at the list of players we're being linked with this summer - Willian (agent - Kia), Neto (agent - Kia), Coutinho (agent - Kia - although that one is complete BS) and then there was that PSG left back we flirted majorily with last January , Layvin Kurzawa who's agent is......well you already guessed it.

He's just firing players from his client book at the club and they're firing cash back at him, no wonder Sven fucked off. Utterly depressing.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am beginning to realise that Arsenal FC one of the great loves in my life has 'Lost its Soul'. It makes me more than angry and truly makes me weep.

We all speak of how Football has eaten itself - But really I foolishly hoped that Arsenal FC; My Arsenal would somehow find a way to keep its moral spine and bottom line and find another way...

How fucked up is That!?

:suicide:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Moved to a new stadium over a decade ago to compete at elite level,what a joke.

Here we are 14 years later a club on the slide trying to convince 18 year old's to sign new contracts while signing past it defenders that other clubs don't want,cheap stop gap solutions in loans that never work out and being linked with and truth in many players that are free transfers,bargain basement buys.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror claim #Arsenal were ready to give Willian a £250,000-a-week contract before the coronavirus pandemic struck. https://t.co/O6CgaEM6uc

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Us pay £250k a week for Willian - no chance.

Who'd be daft enough to sign a 32 year old, out of contract, has been Chav on that kind of money :rubchin: :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

What's deal with David Silva? He's not retiring, no club has been announced as his next destination. He's a friend of Arteta, would you take him on a 2 year contract if available? I know I would.