ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: 2018 Summer Transfer Window

Post by robbo10 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm
phpBB [video]

It's probably all bollocks for the most BUT apparently called the Aubemeyang transfer in November did Mystic Jack.
That's Harry Potter.....that's why he got it right,

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:34 am
Anyhooo – whilst all this wenger fukin’off shyte is going on – It seems Gazidis & the Transfer team are not waiting for him to do one…

The Gunners have started talks to sign Bayer Leverkusen's German goalkeeper Bernd Leno, 26, as a replacement for veteran Petr Cech. (Bild, via Express)

Just hope it's true. :?
I'd have Jay Leno over that useless c unt Cech :roll:

mcdowell42

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

And as mentioned by others, former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is returning to the club this summer as a youth team coach on a permanent basis - that deal is done #AFC

Post by 1989 »

Leno is worse than Cech. Would be a terrible signing.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm
phpBB [video]

It's probably all bollocks for the most BUT apparently called the Aubemeyang transfer in November did Mystic Jack.

Never trust a man who blinks at the rate of a semi-automatic.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

If Gazidis and co are preparing bids for any first team players to come in, then I reckon they have/will appoint a YES manager. Someone like Arteta or a no mark man.
What prospective experienced manager would be comfortable coming to a club where the transfers are decided for him? Unless they have already got an agreement with a top manager who has told them who he wants?
I shall steer clear of this thread for a bit. The uncertainty of it all would deny me basking is the glory of TOF leaving today.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

I think it would be a wise move to try and get hold of Butland off the Orc's.

Trouble is we need a manager to make these decisions. And with a world cup coming we really need to get moving.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Mirror, #Arsenal are among a number of clubs monitoring Southampton goalkeeper Alex McCarthy.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StanKroenke'sWig wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:34 am
I think it would be a wise move to try and get hold of Butland off the Orc's.

Trouble is we need a manager to make these decisions. And with a world cup coming we really need to get moving.

Butland would probably be a move in the right direction but he is likely to cost a few quid. I think most on here agree that we need an overhaul of the defense and a new DM to get things on track. The noises coming out about our transfer budget are not that encouraging and unless we decide to cash in on Bellerin (maybe Ramsey?) I don't see too many realistic fund raising sale options - thanks wenker! I think our priority has to be a proper CB and DM which will probably empty the piggy bank. I am hoping that Mislintat has a few gems up his sleeve. Interesting times.

augie

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 6:27 am
If Gazidis and co are preparing bids for any first team players to come in, then I reckon they have/will appoint a YES manager. Someone like Arteta or a no mark man.
What prospective experienced manager would be comfortable coming to a club where the transfers are decided for him? Unless they have already got an agreement with a top manager who has told them who he wants?
I shall steer clear of this thread for a bit. The uncertainty of it all would deny me basking is the glory of TOF leaving today.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Thats the way it works in most of mainland europe leagues - it is only over this side of europe where manager holds the power

augie

Post by augie »

The second thing gazidas needs to do tomorrow (after announcing allegri as our next boss), is to lodge a mega money bid for alderweld - top centre back looking to leave the swamp and would be a huge signing 8)

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I would only keep Lacazette, Aubameyang and Mkhitarayan. We need one if not two keepers. At least 5 Defenders another 4 or 5 midfielders and a back up striker.
:D

wibble

Post by wibble »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 pm
I would only keep Lacazette, Aubameyang and Mkhitarayan. We need one if not two keepers. At least 5 Defenders another 4 or 5 midfielders and a back up striker.

Should be do-able with £50m

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I don't think we need as many players as is being suggested. We got players in under-23 squad that have just win their league. Our CB's look good when they're organised. The new manager may only need £50m to buy the one player that can make a difference to this squad. A proper defensive midfielder.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

don't think we need as many players as is being suggested. We got players in under-23 squad that have just win their league. Our CB's look good when they're organised. The new manager may only need £50m to buy the one player that can make a difference to this squad. A proper defensive midfielder.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the belly laugh! We need a keeper, 2x CB, a DM and a proper winger.