ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

gp543 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:50 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm
According to the Independent, #Arsenal plan to firm up their interest in Ryan Fraser after next week’s Europa League final, with the Scotland international winger one of Unai Emery’s transfer targets. https://t.co/l3eh2cY69g

I would love to say that we can do better, but given our budget I'm not sure we can :lol: :lol:
In fairness, he did have 8 goals and 15 assists in a fairly poor Bournemouth side. He's a big improvement over Iwobi as well.
Maybe we can do a straight swap.

He's Bound to be an improvement on the wobble head :?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

....so that's it, the ST emails are out on the back of the promise of Zaha :roll: or Fraser for the new season. Things really have gone downhill, I remember when we were teased with the promise of world class signings in order to ensure we'd hand over the readies at ST renewal time.

The renewals start on Thursday afternoon when we all know whether it's CL or more ropey.

Herd

Post by Herd »

To be fair to the man, the monumental fcuk up in question wasn't his own, but was a fcuk up by le cock and gazidas

I still think that many fans get mixed up here and cant differentiate what the mistake is - the mistake wasn't letting him go, but rather letting him go for nothing. I still think that losing him is no big deal, but I would have liked a transfer fee to replace him with
Agreed 100 pct , Gazidis dropped the ball and then quit.
The club is launching a media offence to pretend they know what their doing go to the offical site and watch Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham talking shit .
Gazidis did much the same after Kroenke gave TOF a two year extention to try and pretend he was still in charge .......how bizzarre !

augie

Post by augie »

Didn't he talk about leaving last summer anyway, before his serious injury derailed his plans ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-policy/

Been a good servant to the club, but injuries are taking their toll and he should be sold this summer anyway

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:24 pm
Didn't he talk about leaving last summer anyway, before his serious injury derailed his plans ?

Been a good servant to the club, but injuries are taking their toll and he should be sold this summer anyway

Sanchez return may be on the cards, given it was a fall out with Koscielny that led to the chilean moving.
I really don't know if true but it does fit with circumstances. Sanchez would fit in with Emery's style, especially if united are paying his wages to leave.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Saw this comment yesterday which I assume is correct. While there is a lot of dross in there it still beggars belief.

A report from the Daily Cannon blog explained how the club has brought in a total of just £77 million for Johan Djourou, Denilson, Andrei Arshavin, Andre Santos, Marouane Chamakh, Sebastian Squillaci, Gervinho, Nicklas Bendtner, Lukas Fabianski, Bacary Sagna, Lukas Podolski, Serge Gnabry, Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby, Kieran Gibbs, Gabriel Paulista, Wojciech Szczesny, Francis Coquelin, Oliver Giroud, Santi Cazorla, Jack Wilshere, Lucas Perez, Joel Campbell, Mathieu Debuchy and Jeff Reine-Adelaide.

And we can probably add Ramsey, Jenks, Welbs, Cech and Monreal to that list. Pretty fucking incompetent by any standard.

Not sure why Sanogo wasn't included on the list :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have had an opening €7m bid for 20-year-old FC Lorient attacker Alexis Claude-Maurice rejected, but they will return with an improved offer & the player is mad about joining the Gunners - joint reporting with @MohamedTERParis - full story https://t.co/5lcCR2ycEK

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

from BBC:

Arsenal and Manchester United are both keen on Paris St-Germain central midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 24, with the France international out of favour at the Ligue 1 champions. (Star)

The Gunners are also preparing a bid for Bournemouth's Scotland winger Ryan Fraser, 25, with the player valued at £30m

Arsenal are set to sell midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 30, this summer despite backing the Armenia captain after he opted against playing in next week's Europa League final in Baku over security fears. Mkhitaryan scored six goals in 25 Premier League games in 2018-19. (Sun)

See I think Arsenal missed a trick by allowing Mkhitaryan to 'opt out' of travelling to Baku - Had anything happened to him Arsenal could have sued Eufa for about £40 million, that along with the £30 -£35million they have him insured for (against a career threatening injury - like a bullet or whatever) and hey ho! we could have bought 2 decent(ish) players. :? :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

I see Chambers won Fulham player of the season playing as a DM.He could save us a few quid and is a better option then Elneny.

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:

He's worth nothing and he has a year of a highley lucrative deal (140 k week?) left ,if they can sell him I'd be amazed .
Never more than an OK defender was always gaff prone and could never defend crosses .
The Annual raping of him by Drogba when at Chelsea still haunts me .
Like all senior Arsenal players he gets a year or two off on full pay, after all it's the Arsenal way !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

John F wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am
I see Chambers won Fulham player of the season playing as a DM.He could save us a few quid and is a better option then Elneny.
Could be our next Petit. Despite his legendary status he was an average CB when we bought him, moved him alongside Vieira, with Adams and Keown behind him and he became a decent DM. Went to Barcelona, won nothing and was never the same again. But just look at the players around him.
I'd keep Chambers and play in the midfield. Carrick was a CB before moving him into DM and Chambers certainly has the quality to do well for us there. Would trust him more than Xhaka in the DM role. After the relegation experience with Fulham he'd be working hard to stay at Arsenal and play in the first team, which we want. Xhaka has expressed his desire to move on, as has Torreira. I want players that are proud to play for the club, not use it as part of their journey. That's why I'd keep Ozil, he's settled and wants to play for the club. Yes he's on £350k a week which helps and Emery has shown him he can't coast like he did with Wenger, and Ozil picked up his game and work rate.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:32 am
from BBC:

Arsenal and Manchester United are both keen on Paris St-Germain central midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 24, with the France international out of favour at the Ligue 1 champions. (Star)

I'm not very convinced by the guy so I wont be gutted if it doesn't happen, but I really believe that he will sign for us IF we are in champs league next season

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:34 pm
augie wrote:

Sanchez return may be on the cards, given it was a fall out with Koscielny that led to the chilean moving.
I really don't know if true but it does fit with circumstances. Sanchez would fit in with Emery's style, especially if united are paying his wages to leave.
So we all moan about ozils ridiculous wage crippling us and you want us to sign an aging player on over 500,000 A WEEK.

I would say to Sanchez what I would say to ozil, "go on, off you fuck".

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm
John F wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am
Could be our next Petit. Despite his legendary status he was an average CB when we bought him, moved him alongside Vieira, with Adams and Keown behind him and he became a decent DM. Went to Barcelona, won nothing and was never the same again. But just look at the players around him.
I'd keep Chambers and play in the midfield. Carrick was a CB before moving him into DM and Chambers certainly has the quality to do well for us there. Would trust him more than Xhaka in the DM role. After the relegation experience with Fulham he'd be working hard to stay at Arsenal and play in the first team, which we want. Xhaka has expressed his desire to move on, as has Torreira. I want players that are proud to play for the club, not use it as part of their journey. That's why I'd keep Ozil, he's settled and wants to play for the club. Yes he's on £350k a week which helps and Emery has shown him he can't coast like he did with Wenger, and Ozil picked up his game and work rate.
A couple of years ago the England U21's manager (Ady Boothroyd?) was picking Chambers ahead of Holding for the team. I wouldn't get rid of Chambers just yet as he deserves a better go in the squad than he's been given so far. He can play back 4 or def mid so is a versatile option.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal to place bid for 18 year old French centre back dubbed 'next Varane', William Saliba. This bid is expected to come soon, with Saint-Etienne holding out for a fee which roughly translates to £26m. [Le10Sport]