ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner-ita

Re: 2018 Summer Transfer Window

Post by Gunner-ita »

GK (a great one)
CB (at least one, the others to test with a new manager)
RB (two if Bellerin leaves: I hope no)
DM (if Wilshere leaves, otherwise the our midfield can be great with the right manager)
Winger (ABSOLUTELY necessary; attack is too predictable without it)

Anyway, the new manager have to decide, hopefully soon.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I would try and offload Ozil and boost our transfer funds , can't see anyone paying his ridiculous wages though, he was a disgrace last night, I can't see the new manager putting up with that for long.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I reckon we need about 20 new players because I honestly cannot think of more than about 5 worth keeping !
That’s how bad a shape we’re in!
So good luck to the new gaffer whoever he may be!!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:20 pm
I reckon we need about 20 new players because I honestly cannot think of more than about 5 worth keeping !
That’s how bad a shape we’re in!
So good luck to the new gaffer whoever he may be!!

I think we've got to look to make quick money where we can. If we could get £40/45M each for Bellerin and say Ramsey then that along with the reported £50M transfer budget would give the new guy a decent wedge to concentrate on the key areas where we need to improve. If we can get anything sensible for xhaka and mustafi then I'd grab that too. Then it's a GK, RB, CB and DM and with the money available and current prices we'd have to be clever with the prices of a couple of those purchases.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Good luck to the new bloke - he inherits a geriatric turd in goal backed up by the modern day Average Al, a ballerina at right back, one crocked CB for 6-9 months supported a bus load of shit ones, a wooden plank of a holding midfielder and a bunch of fancy dans and Joe Averages going forward

11 fucking new players minimum

Merci Arsene indeed, you useless old c.unt

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

phpBB [video]

It's probably all bollocks for the most BUT apparently called the Aubemeyang transfer in November did Mystic Jack.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

When does the time limit for renewing/buying a ST come up? I expect to see the infamous invisible 'War Chest' grow almost weekly to enormous limits, until the window closes for ST's, then it will be back to 50m bar selling anyone. Don't be fooled people!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyhooo – whilst all this wenger fukin’off shyte is going on – It seems Gazidis & the Transfer team are not waiting for him to do one…

The Gunners have started talks to sign Bayer Leverkusen's German goalkeeper Bernd Leno, 26, as a replacement for veteran Petr Cech. (Bild, via Express)

Just hope it's true. :?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:34 am
Anyhooo – whilst all this wenger fukin’off shyte is going on – It seems Gazidis & the Transfer team are not waiting for him to do one…

The Gunners have started talks to sign Bayer Leverkusen's German goalkeeper Bernd Leno, 26, as a replacement for veteran Petr Cech. (Bild, via Express)

Just hope it's true. :?
Between him and Butland for me.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Linked with 'keepers who have been relegated. Great.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:50 pm
Yep relegated keepers and managers who have no experience, this is what being 'bold' is all about.

:roll:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:50 pm
I agree. Great. They have had plenty of practice. No coincidence that Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton were two of England's greatest goalkeepers after playing for Leicester and Stoke. Pickford seems to be doing a good job at Everton after all the practice he got at Sunderland whereas Joe Hart has gone into steep decline after his stint at Manchester City.

First act of any new manager is to look at the XI who started against Atletico in the second leg and get rid of all of them. Only Chambers and Micky Targayan played well and they were both subs. Maybe Jack could be kept, but I wouldn't miss any of the others

Second act is to look at who is in the Under 23s and see who has the abililty to potentally make the first team. Not all of them will, but George Graham gave the likes of Quinn, Caesar and Hayes a go before finding better options (namely Smith and Marwood). However he unearthed a number of gems like Adams, Rocastle and Merson. (Davis preceded George and aside from his goal at Anfield Thomas was never that good)

Third act - fill in the gaps. Graham did it by signing Winterburn, Dixon, Bould, Smith etc. Wenger did it signing Vieira, Petit, Anelka, Overmars etc.

Whoever takes charge will need 3-4 years to get Arsenal back to challenging for the title. More like 1986 than 1996 in my opinion.

Ray C

Who do we keep & who goes ??

Post by Ray C »

I can only think of a couple of players we have on our books worth keeping. Guess who.?? :barscarf: :barscarf:

arrgee

Re: Who do we keep & who goes ??

Post by arrgee »

Ray C wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:17 pm
I can only think of a couple of players we have on our books worth keeping. Guess who.?? :barscarf: :barscarf:
To go : The eleven who started second leg against Atletico except Jack
To keep: The rest though BFG has retired and Carzorla is unlikely to return.
To return: Maybe a new manager might give Joel Campbell and Lucas Perez a go. Martinez might be worth having as second keeper.
To sign: As many defenders as possible. Three or four minimum. How I used to groan at George Graham stockpiling centre halves. Now I know better. Need to halve the number of goals conceded. Letting in fifty plus is relegation standard.

DB10GOONER

Re: Who do we keep & who goes ??

Post by DB10GOONER »

Two posts in and it's a transfer thread.... :lol: merging it with the actual transfer thread.