ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:08 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Where are you catching them ?
In Norfolk most of the fish has gone to our newly restocked Otter population along with the ducklings , Cygnets and goslings .

Thanks a bunch Natural England.

Soon as winter comes they scout around and raid the garden ponds.
I am in Hampshire mate, his family live in the area, funny you mention the otters, I sold a guy a cctv system to keep an eye on his pond because they had killed 32 of his carp.

Bizarre thing was his missus was a bit out of it because he told me she was hooked on pain killer's so to just ignore her, anyhow we are walking round her garden and she looks behind a hedge and says "oh my god there's molly, do you think she's still alive" (bearing in mind half her heads gone and she's been out of the water for 8 hours), how the fuck I held in that laugh I'll never know but I had to walk off round the corner saying I'm just getting my pen and paper, by now I've got tears running down my eyes, then i get a tap on my shoulder and its her husband also crying with laughter, never could forget that.
:coffeespit:

That's a fucking belter of a story Lefty. I'm pissing myself here mate. :lol: 8) And the best bit is until about half way through I thought you were still talking about Theo and his missus! :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:05 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:49 pm
Looks like Willian is a done deal. Genuine question, have we ever signed anyone from Chelsea that hasn’t been a complete turd?
Cech, Gallas, Diarra, Yossi, Luiz.... 🤔
Watch Willian become the new Ozil.
Mate we'd be lucky to even get that much out of him at this stage. :lol: :roll: Just another chav reject at the end of his career landing a last big payday off gullible stupid fucking Modern Arsenal - the club owned by the only wig wearing yank that's more of a cùnt than Trumptard. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Kingralph wrote:
Looks like Willian is a done deal. Genuine question, have we ever signed anyone from Chelsea that hasn’t been a complete turd?
Diarra was absolute quality- but shit for Brains fucked him about in favour of c.unts like Legohead. Flogged to Pompey for 5m and he was so shit he went to Real Madrid. Whatever became of superstar fucking Denilson by comparison?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Diarra was absolute quality- but shit for Brains fucked him about in favour of c.unts like Legohead. Flogged to Pompey for 5m and he was so shit he went to Real Madrid. Whatever became of superstar fucking Denilson by comparison?

Joined a club in Malta this very week 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Being reported in that rag the Sun this morning that the Willian deal is dependant upon Mkhitaryan being off the wage bill next season.......as if that isn't a done deal. If that gormless ManUre reject comes back Ozil will have a season long buddy sat up in the stands hopefully

Just shows you the mess left behind by that senile old cock - Mustafi, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Xhaka - The Unsellables

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Very true. What was the infamous quote at the time? Some horseshit about "killing Denilson's development"? Or was that horseshit about some other player fuck up that Arsene made? There were a few. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AM-N to the scum. You read it here first. :shock:

But also - No loss. Bye bye etc. I'd say don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Ainsley but you'd probably lose track of it first. :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:08 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Where are you catching them ?
In Norfolk most of the fish has gone to our newly restocked Otter population along with the ducklings , Cygnets and goslings .

Thanks a bunch Natural England.

Soon as winter comes they scout around and raid the garden ponds.
I am in Hampshire mate, his family live in the area, funny you mention the otters, I sold a guy a cctv system to keep an eye on his pond because they had killed 32 of his carp.

Bizarre thing was his missus was a bit out of it because he told me she was hooked on pain killer's so to just ignore her, anyhow we are walking round her garden and she looks behind a hedge and says "oh my god there's molly, do you think she's still alive" (bearing in mind half her heads gone and she's been out of the water for 8 hours), how the fuck I held in that laugh I'll never know but I had to walk off round the corner saying I'm just getting my pen and paper, by now I've got tears running down my eyes, then i get a tap on my shoulder and its her husband also crying with laughter, never could forget that.
:coffeespit:

That's a fucking belter of a story Lefty. I'm pissing myself here mate. :lol: 8) And the best bit is until about half way through I thought you were still talking about Theo and his missus! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Now that would have been a story :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

But also - No loss. Bye bye etc. I'd say don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Ainsley but you'd probably lose track of it first. :wink:

And yet the xhaka and mustafi era lives on and see's no end in sight :roll: The ozil fiasco is not on arteta cos he (and emery) inherited that shitfest from le cock, but fcuk me there is no excuse for arteta's faith in xhaka and mustafi :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Seriously we are a few days in the window. lets have some perspective please...

plus mustafi is injured for a while so we are unlikely to be able to shift him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

And yet the xhaka and mustafi era lives on and see's no end in sight :roll: The ozil fiasco is not on arteta cos he (and emery) inherited that shitfest from le cock, but fcuk me there is no excuse for arteta's faith in xhaka and mustafi :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
True. :|

I'd keep AM-N in a heart beat ahead of Xhakatard.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Maitland-Niles would be low down on my list to sell this summer. He has been shunted around the side in all manner of positions which has stalled his development, and not had a chance to show what he can do in his preferred position.

Contrast that with Willock or Nelson (and I'm probably not alone in saying I had high hopes for both, Nelson especially), who have both shown the square root of fuck all with their outings in the team.

Then we have Elneny, Mkhitaryan still clogging up our wage bill, while we're buying dross like Soares and Mari.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:17 pm
Maitland-Niles would be low down on my list to sell this summer. He has been shunted around the side in all manner of positions which has stalled his development, and not had a chance to show what he can do in his preferred position.

Contrast that with Willock or Nelson (and I'm probably not alone in saying I had high hopes for both, Nelson especially), who have both shown the square root of fuck all with their outings in the team.

Then we have Elneny, Mkhitaryan still clogging up our wage bill, while we're buying dross like Soares and Mari.
Agree with that. However AMN is a more sellable asset and therefore we’re more likely to get offers for him than the others you mention. And given how poor we claim to be, I’m sure the club are looking to offload before bringing many others in

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:24 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Agree with that. However AMN is a more sellable asset and therefore we’re more likely to get offers for him than the others you mention. And given how poor we claim to be, I’m sure the club are looking to offload before bringing many others in

More than bellend ? I really worry about the squad assessment being done from within the club, cos it seems bizarre and no relation to reality

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Just to give ye a laugh

According to Mark Irwin, #Arsenal are set to spend £100m this summer to sign key targets Thomas Partey, Gabriel Magalhaes & Dani Ceballos. But they will need to sell at least three of their current squad & offload a couple more to fund the spending spree. https://t.co/Wqtmk1l8pv